Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague Star Bounty AFK Timer

14 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

That should NOT trigger the AFK timer.

That is how the AFK timer works. If you do not move for two minutes* you are considered 'AFK'. Sound Quake Banshee had the same problem. You could technically use a macro to do what you were doing: getting kills without moving. The system has to treat this as AFK.

*edit: forgot to say that I am not 100% sure that it is two minutes. I just remember that it was at one point in time.

What is your valid reasoning for why you had to be stationary? Because lets be honest, you could have moved around a little. That would not have had any real negative impact on the mission.

Edited by krc473

I WAS ACTIVELY PLAYING.  I was going from dropship to dropship at a breakneck pace to make sure nothing got near the mixer.  There was no need to move.  Don't compare it to Banshee, I had to actually play/aim.  I'm moving the controller, I'm aiming, I'm killing things, and you cannot do that with a macro with Titania, so there is NO reason for the AFK timer to go off.  You're wrong.

What is your valid reasoning for me being counted AFK when I VERY clearly wasn't?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

You're wrong.

If you read what I put:

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

getting kills without moving.

That is what you were doing. A macro can do that. Should DE be implementing rules to allow exceptions to some frames? Perhaps, but it could be abused. Sure, you need to aim with Titania, what about Mesa? You can certainly use a macro for Mesa. All you need is to tell it to rotate and hold the fire button. You could technically run a macro for Titania too, it would be more complicated (and less effective) though. The system is working as intended. This is not a bug. It could be feedback: "DE, your AFK system is not good and detected me as AFK even though I was not actually AFK."

5 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

What is your valid reasoning for me being counted AFK when I VERY clearly wasn't?

Well, as someone that has no issue with how you were doing it, I have no reason for it to count as AFK. Personally, I do not see what all the fuss is with people that are AFK/leaching anyway [no one explain this to me!]. So, I am quite biased and think the whole AFK system is a waste of time. 

• The valid reason is that this is how DE designed the system. It allegedly prevents the use of a macro to AFK and get kills. 

You can be as angry about it as you like, but it doesn't change the fact that this is how the system works. 

You literally cannot use a macro to do what I was doing.  Cannot.  None of what you said matters because you cannot use a macro to do what I was doing.  I don't know how to make that any simpler.

An AFK timer should not trigger if you are not AFK.  End of discussion.

You are still wrong.

In the event that you are still being hard-headed, with an ember, and equinox, and a mesa, you can STILL use a macro to avoid the AFK timer because the only thing that triggers it is not moving.  They are preventing nothing other than quake banshee.  You can literally AFK by doing everything you said and including minor movement in the macro.  It changes nothing.  Being counted as AFK when you are not AFK is very clearly not an intended feature of the AFK timer and IS therefore, A BUG.  I should not have to worry about getting falsely flagged by some idiotic system that they half-designed when I'm trying to worry about a flameblade getting dropped off at the mixer and one-shotting it.

You are arguing for the sole purpose of being contrary, and you need to stop.  Go bother someone else.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

I should not have to worry about getting falsely flagged by some idiotic system that they half-designed when I'm trying to worry about a flameblade getting dropped off at the mixer and one-shotting it.

You realise that I agree with this statement right? I think the AFK system is terrible and should never have been implemented. I even stated that. But the system is designed to be triggered by not moving. Rotation does not count as movement. 

You are arguing for the sole purpose of being contrary, and you need to stop.  Go bother someone else.

You can maintain that this is a bug all you like, you can be as annoyed as you like, and you can complain about me all you like. That does not change the fact that this is how the system was designed to function. Here is what the wiki states on the AFK system (because lets not give people false information here). You will notice that it was working as intended. You failed to move, so the system worked as intended and marked you as 'AFK'. Killing stuff is entirely irrelevant. 

unknown.png

Source. Inactivity Penalty

Spoiler

Perhaps this is just so I can be 'contrary' as you claim. Perhaps it is because you are missing the point every single time I mention it. Either way, it is irrelevant.

You literally cannot use a macro to do what I was doing.  Cannot.  None of what you said matters because you cannot use a macro to do what I was doing.  I don't know how to make that any simpler.

You can certainly make a macro that will pivot and kill stuff for Titania. I completely accept that it will be highly ineffective. There is no chance at all that it could get every ship, or probably even 10% of them. But I never said that it would work well, just that you can. 

Edited by krc473