Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do you still love space mama?

(PSN)alvian00

Never enjoyed that character and I hope she turns into a raid boss or something fitting. It would also be cool as a story concept that whatever her original evil goal was supposed to be would backfire since we're too powerful to handle. That way she could be both good and evil at the same time as such. 

Depends on if she's mind controlled or not.

Because forgive me for being a suspicious guy, but I don't particularly buy it when I hear "Hey so I was mind controlled but the people who have been stated to try and want to 'reclaim' me by a distinctly not mind controlled character have come along and fixed my mind control right diddly up. BTDUBS I major h8z u now, you suXXor big time. B a i "

• Like 2

I always cared for her, & yes I want to save her too. Guess we'll see with the upcoming quest(s)

EDIT: I don't get other people saying they don't like her since I've never seen a reason for that

She betrayed us? You don't know half of the story. We just recently discovered that she was reprogrammed by the Orokin, & we don't know who Mother is or what she even wants, you can't judge Lotus (or Natah, idc) when you know so little about her

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot
  • Like 3

Well I do care for her, she is a mother figure for the Tenno who lost their families and the only person who was willing to help them when the other orokin wanted to kill them and later on weaponize them.

We don't know the full extent of what is currently going on with Lotus/Natah so some stuff that we hear may or may not be true. It would be foolish to quickly judge and try to kill her for what happened until we know everything around it first.

I'm suspecting that what Natah is saying may not be entirely true, first point being how she mentions certain details that seem to conflict with what we already know.Second point being what Hunhow said, that he wants for Natah to return to him as otherwise other sentient may come and "reclaim" her which sounds to me like brainwashing.

I get the feeling that we are going to end up fighting her and probably killing her in so much as a sentient can be killed (they seem pretty damned resilient) at which point the real her is going to come shining through for a brief "I'm sorry" and possibly a moment of self sacrifice to save us. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Well I do care for her, she is a mother figure for the Tenno who lost their families and the only person who was willing to help them when the other orokin wanted to kill them and later on weaponize them.

I don't know about you but I sure feel like my Tenno has been weaponized. I kill everything on sight and never stop to ask any questions. It's not like Lotus has been giving us much of a moral compass or trying to get us to look beyond using murder as the solution to all problems in the solar system.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Exlodian_Akitora said:

I called it ages ago during the end of the beta days that I never trusted her, and I had a feeling something bad was gonna happen. years later, guess was right, if I was going to be allowed to shoot "Space mom" bruh gimme ignis to enjoy it.

Unless Natah isn’t herself...

3 hours ago, wargthewarg said:

I don't know about you but I sure feel like my Tenno has been weaponized. I kill everything on sight and never stop to ask any questions. It's not like Lotus has been giving us much of a moral compass or trying to get us to look beyond using murder as the solution to all problems in the solar system.

Was speaking in context of Margulis how she wanted to help the Tenno and prevent the Orokin from turning them into weapons which lead to her death. Lotus appeared after all that.

Well when you look at the state of the system no wonder, you wake up and there's already somebody trying to kill you. Grineer being a xenophobic empire expanding with the intention of exterminating anything that isn't Grineer, the Corpus which are a cult of money who see to exploit anything that would make them profit, hell they would sell their own mother probably. The Infestation, yeah don't think that I have to explain that.

But that aside we did do some good while under her guidance, like helping the Ostron, the Myconian, the Kavor defectors and so on. So we can't exactly say that we have been only killing under her when we also helped people who needed help.

I admit that I'm worried. Reb's voice work has really improved through the years and I always enjoy it. "Wake up, Tenno" is my alarm clock.

For the Tenno to become "Adults" they will have to learn to make decisions apart from the Lotus. It's natural to growing up. I see Space Mom as an abused woman who has become trapped. I hope to see the Tenno free her from her chains and give her the same freedoms she has helped us to get. That said, choices have consequences. How will Natah deal with freedom should we be able to give it to her? Is she just another program bound to her Sentient programming or will she be able to choose her own identity that is a melding of her experiences?

If she chooses a path of destruction, I'll put her down with a heavy heart like one puts down a rabbid beloved hound and build a shrine to her memory. 

Never really trusted her to begin with, too many things were "just because" and happening behind our backs.  Would rather not kill her out of hand, she has done well by the Tenno, but if Natah is an extant threat, she's going down. No fury, no hate, no sorrow or tears.  Just sad if it becomes necessary.

"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore like any other."

On 2019-06-22 at 2:24 AM, (PS4)alvian00 said:

we all know who space mama is. she was the first voice we heard when we wake up, she guided us on our missions, she is our moral compass and cared for us as would any mother would but all of it was all lies. there is no space mama just the sentient Natah, she have us playing in her tunes all along even back then. she make us turn on the Orokin, have us attack potential allies on the coming storm. so heres the question do you still love space mama and can you forgive her for having deceive you all along? its not just us she deceive but also space daddy granted space papa is a bad dad for having sent real mama to the jade light but he did give us the means and the tools to avenge mama from the others who also sent mama to the jade light and without daddy taking over mama's work we may not be where we are now.

I'm still waiting for the plot twist...but "love" I'd too big of a world, "need" would be more accurate in my case because I want to finish the story

She took kindness upon us.
I shall treat her the same way.

It is not too late yet, for our mother.
We can allways bring her back.

That, or she gets to take my life...
...I just can't...

I know only love and mercy for her. :heart: