Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the scope of the sniper rifle

AkiyAmA-Len

In an open world, enemies can only be generated within 200 meters of the player's field of vision.

After testing, the enemy's field of view is 200 meters.

If you use a sniper rifle to kill enemies within 200 meters, you will definitely be discovered by the enemy.

The purpose of using a sniper rifle is to assassinate the target. It is not to fight the enemy

This is the basic requirement for using a sniper rifle.

I also understand the difficulty of this game.

I propose to increase the production range of enemies in the open world to 500 meters.

Because the player knows that all rifles have an effective range of more than 200 meters.

• Like 2

Actually, I think the inverse should be done.

On the Plains, it's downright idiotic that enemies can see across the realm when I'm 200 meters away from, yet in regular gameplay, they have trouble seeing me after I'm just 50 meters away from them. I expected being able to stealthily snipe enemies from afar like a badass on the Plains.

Get your friends to assault the enemies on the plains. Snipe the enemy from 400 meters away.

You will not get discovered, although I fear the new trees may obscure some nice sightlines.

11 minutes ago, Nok-Rntha said:

Actually, I think the inverse should be done.

On the Plains, it's downright idiotic that enemies can see across the realm when I'm 200 meters away from, yet in regular gameplay, they have trouble seeing me after I'm just 50 meters away from them. I expected being able to stealthily snipe enemies from afar like a badass on the Plains.

Maybe Plains and other open world tiles could use a spotting system similar to the Sniper Elite games, with surroundings and shadows taking a part in stealth.

Likewise if they can spot your frame's silhouette in the dark, they would still see you so there would be an incentive for a more tactical approach.