Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx changes (Warframe Feedback/Suggestions).

m3stuart

Intro

Nyx is one of the older frames in the game, and while she held pretty good over the years, she was overtaken by the DPS "meta" and her CC/Damage are somewhat lackluster. Nonetheless, she is still a good pick, but there are just better option to play as.

But first, there are some questions that needs to be answered.

Why would you play Nyx?

I first played Nyx, for her theme, in our case, Mind Control/Telekinesis. Her theme is very unique, and just love the idea of her abilities.

Is she any good or Is she worth playing?

She is decent, but she is not worth playing in her current state. Other Warframes can "Mind Control" more enemies (Revenant) or remove armor/straight up kill enemies or buff the hell out of allies.

Is she fun?

That's all about your tastes, but for me, she is really fun.

She needs tweeks here and there , and probably one of her abilities reworked (looking at you Psychic Bolts). With all this being said, let's jump right into the changes.

Her base stats aren't something special, but they can be buffed a bit.

Base Stats

Changes

Nyx

Health - 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield - Increased to 125 (375 at rank 30) from 100 (300 at rank 30)

Armor - increased to 50 from 15

Energy - 150 (225 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.15 increased from 1.1

Nyx Prime

Health - 100 (300 at rank 30)

Shield - Increased to 150 (450 at rank 30) from 125 (375 at rank 30)

Armor - 75 increasde from 50

Energy - 150 (225 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed 1.15 increased from 1.12

P: Passive: Evasion

Enemies are 20% less accurate when targeting Nyx.

First, i love this passive. It resonates with her theme, and it's pretty Good. Saved me several times when i was in trouble from those Corrupted Crewmans in void. I would have 1 small change here (just base stats).

Change:

Evasion increased from 20% to 24%.(Now why the hell 24%?, for the purpose of Agility Drift, since her reworked passive, i'm constantly using Agility Drift on all her builds, -the Assimilate build).

1.Mind Control

Currently: Nyx invades the psyche of a target, confusing enemies and making them fight for the Tenno cause. Targets then fired upon by Nyx receive a damage multiplier.

Mind control, is a good "utility" ability, but it feels lackluster.

Changes:

• Hold the ability key for Nyx to  marks an area, taking control of up to 7 enemies to fight for her side that are inside the marked area.
  • Quick tap to take control of a single enemy, and shoot said enemy to increase it's damage potential. (Basically, works like how it used to be).

Augment: Mind Freak: Single enemies deal 500% bonus damage, while more enemies deal 100% more damage. (This also apply, if said area only has 1 enemy. This divides by the number of enemies affected, if the number is 4+, all enemies will have a bonus of 100% more damage).

Ability stat changes:

Duration Increased from 15/20/25/30 seconds (unmodded) to 30/30/60/120 seconds (unmodded)

Range changed from 20/40/50/60 meters (the range at what you can cast Mind Control on an enemy) to 50 meters (unaffected by mods).

This changes would help Nyx better deal with focused fire on her, while providing additional support and reinforcing her theme more.

2.Telekinesis (Formerly, Psychic Bolts)

Psychic Bolts were only useful for their 100% armor strip, but very lackluster, thanks to their number of affected enemies.

New:

Nyx marks an area. Enemies around the area, are lifted for a few seconds, have reduced shields/armor, then slammed down. Hold down the key, to increase the radius of the ability, and the shieds/armor reduction. Recast the ability while is active, the quickly slam the enemies, for increased damage. Takes 1.5 seconds to charge the ability.

Base stats for each part of the ability:

Suspended duration: 3/4/4/8 seconds (Affected my Duration Mods)

Radius (of the affected area): 2/4/6/8 meters (Doubled when charged), (Affected by range mods)

Shield/Armor Strip 5/20/20/40% (Doubled if charged). (Affected by str mods).

Slam damage: 25/50/75/125 (Doubled if charged) and the enemy suffers a puncture proc.

Quick slam damage (after 1 second after the ability was activated) 100/150/200/250 (Doubled if charged).

Augment: Siphoning Kinesis (Formerly Pacifying bolts): Enemies affected by this ability, have a 50% chance to drop health/energy orbs (unaffected by mods). (A quick note about this, i'm currently using Gara's Spectrosiphon, and by god, this is one of the best way to gain energy besides using Trinity EV.

3. Chaos

Currently: With a powerful psychic blast, Nyx causes mass hysteria on the battlefield by confusing all enemies to attack random factions.

Chaos held pretty good over the years, but it had no interactions whatsoever, this is going to help Nyx's survivability, while also boosting the allies.

Changes:

• All enemies affected by Chaos, have a chance to drop a shield pickup.
  • If said enemy is killed with a headshot, the chance doubles.

Stats:

Cost reduced from 75 energy to 50 energy.

Range increased from 15/20/22/25 meters to 15/20/25/30 meters.

Duration increased from 10/15/20/25 to 15/20/25/30 seconds.

(Misc / unaffected by mods):

Chance for a shield pickup drop: 10% increased to 20% if the enemy is killed by a headshot

Shield gained: 25, increased to 50, if the enemy is killed by a headshot

4. Absorb

Curerntly: Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge.

New: Nyx absorbs all incoming damage and channels that collected energy into an explosive radial discharge. Based on the damage absorbed, Nyx and allies withing range gain damage reduction, and bonus damage.

A few things worth saying about Absorb. It's currently an worse reworked Wukong "Defy" ability, and here is why. The buff it provides it's meaningless, because it's an additive weapon damage buff that lasts a few seconds.

Stats:

Explosion radius increased from 5/7/8/10 to 10/15/20/25 meters.

Buffs duration : 8/8/8/8 increased to 8/15/20/25 seconds.

(Misc / unaffected by mods):

Heals Nyx every 3 seconds for 20% HP

Buff range (Affinity range)

Damage Reduction: Minimum 10% increased to a maximum of 50% damage reduction (based on damage absorbed, not affected by mods).

Damage Buff: Minmum of 10% increased damage , up to a maximum of 100% damage bonus. (based on damage absorbed, not affected by mods). Note, 100% bonus damage for all kinds of damage, not for additive weapon damage only.

Thanks for reading this far down! I'm looking for any kind of feedback to the post i made.