Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add ability to report leeching

Kurenard

Hey,
Not sure where to put this, but a suggestion for the devs: please add the ability to report leeching, or inactivity. My wife and I just did a defense mission and there was a player that join and stood in the corner, just far enough away to not get attacked, but close enough to get affinity and items, and afked there the whole time. (except for bouncing around ignoring everyone 2-3 times during the mission then returning to his corner) Really left a bad taste in my mouth and it would be great to be able to report such behavior.
Thank you!

• Like 2

Yes I agree and whats more annouying is you get no XP from the leecher as they dont kill anything.. DE need to start to understand this and how annouying it is when a player just comes in and Pro-Leeches.. i dont mind if they leech abit of the mission but hey man.. at least give some XP back to the rest of us you're leeching from.. or DE need to make a Pherliac Pod for Corpus, Grineer and Corrupted.  LOL when I am in a Infested mission and see a pro leecher I just chuck Pherliac pods at them .. and laugh at how fast they suddenly move 😉 

Thank you guys so much for the help! I'll be sure to use the support link in the future.
That being said, it would also be nice to add that to the in-game reporting feature for greater ease. 🙂
But thanks again!

I guess I can see this being annoying. But just leaving and screwing their afk time and going back into the mission should be enough.

Though however it would be a nice if there was a voting system on kicking a player with a reason above "why am I kicking them" will come up and yeah.. Other games do it no reason as too why it shouldn't happen here other than "omegerd they kicked me for no reason!" Then it get toxic so idk maybe the current support system is good enough lol.

5 hours ago, Fangsie said:

You can report them here.

Report User or Hack
Report AFK Player category and make sure to get a screenshot of the mission progress screen as evidence.

The problem is the mission progress screen isn't exactly sufficient. 

People could have low kill/damage stats for any number of reasons. Most of which being that They couldn't keep up with a frame like oh say Mesa that clears enemies before they can even start shooting. Or for example Spy missions where I take personal pride in getting zeros across the board because the mission requires neither killing nor damage to complete.

3 hours ago, Kurenard said:

Thank you guys so much for the help! I'll be sure to use the support link in the future.
That being said, it would also be nice to add that to the in-game reporting feature for greater ease. 🙂
But thanks again!

I do kinda wish there was some sort of report function in the game but it would need to be fairly robust. It would almost need to send DE a truncated playback of the mission data to someone at DE so they could review it to make sure that it was a legit case of someone leeching and not just any number of scenarios that could lead to low EoM(end of mission) stats.

It wouldn't need to send pickups or even have full 3D representation of where everything in the mission was. Just an overhead 2D map view would seem to be sufficient. Along with an interface that would allow the reviewer to increase the playback speed sufficiently to turn minutes of gameplay into seconds of easily reviewable content. At that pointy they could probably write some detection software that could preflag potential cases as either bunk or requiring human review. Which would filter their load significantly. 

But that's the only way I can see a report function actually working as intended and not abused to spam people you just didn't like in game. 

3 hours ago, FIDOISHERE said:

I guess I can see this being annoying. But just leaving and screwing their afk time and going back into the mission should be enough.

The problem with just leaving is a lot of times by the time you notice an actual bonafide leech you're sufficiently invested that you leaving ends up costing you more than just sucking it up and finishing the last minute or two of the mission. 

That was an uncomfortably common issue I ran into with bounties, Starting the bounty, going in an doing your part for the bounties and somewhere around bounty leg 4/5 you notice that there have only been 3/4 of the players actually at the bounty objectives and sure enough when you bring up the map you can see the leeching chump doing little circles just outside the zone exit, or off at one of the mining/fishing hotspots. They clearly didn't somehow accidentally join a bounty, they intentionally did with the express intent of not participating in the bounty but reaping all the rewards. At that point your option is abandoning an almost completed bounty and denying yourself the reward you've worked for the knowledge that they might not get it, assuming no one else joins (I think you can join up until the last leg is complete) so even if you leave they very well might still get the reward you where after even tho you now won't. 

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I fully support this. It would also clean up all the tickets from support, because that's currently the only way to report them.

Something like this should be in the base game, not on a different website. >_>

Edit:

@peterc3 can you carefully explain why we can't have a feature like this and how it would be abused by the community? 

To reduce the number of support request, you are all suggesting to create another support that everyone can flood of request, thats interesting.......

I thought there was an automated system that detected if somebody's afk. I assumed there is one since, when I was playing arbitration (before the revive addition) I got killed and the 2 remaining players stayed for another 10 mins, and, if I recall correctly, I received no rewards after they decided to extract. Maybe adding "vote kick" could solve the issue, but I can see it being either underused or abused.

3 minutes ago, Blexander said:

I thought there was an automated system that detected if somebody's afk. I assumed there is one since, when I was playing arbitration (before the revive addition) I got killed and the 2 remaining players stayed for another 10 mins, and, if I recall correctly, I received no rewards after they decided to extract. Maybe adding "vote kick" could solve the issue, but I can see it being either underused or abused.

As long as you move a few meters then you won't trip the AFK Timer....

Also as long as you stay away from The objective then you  trigger the "Abandoning Objective" timer for going too far...

To be honest with you.... This still feels like work.... 😞

10 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

As long as you move a few meters then you won't trip the AFK Timer....

Also as long as you stay away from The objective then you  trigger the "Abandoning Objective" timer for going too far...

To be honest with you.... This still feels like work.... 😞

I feel you on that. Even I wouldn't know where to start, but this would definitely be a low-priority issue for the time being.

4 hours ago, the-bestia said:

To reduce the number of support request, you are all suggesting to create another support that everyone can flood of request, thats interesting.......

The system can be built to support said specific type of report as opposed to having a person manually review each ticket, sift through varying description(Possibly even google translate tier), evidence or lack of evidence, and possibly some backend logs on their server to determine if a report is legitimate?

Would you rather go through 10 support tickets with varying descriptions and evidence, or 20 report tickets that automatically packages a movement map and semi-real time event log?

no automated methods

no ingame reporting feature

If you want to report an afk player, please use support, use the platfrom in a responsible way, provide proof and explain things in a clear manner.

If you do not know what afk gameplay is, you you lack social skills, if you have no proof, you have no intention of doing anything and consider the entire process a drag, then don't report.

Reports for afk is essentially placing the player in a dangerous situation, you might cause a ban on another player, please do not take things lightly and never false report, never mobilize your clan do do false reports.

It's no suprise that afk gameplay is 1 step away from quiting the game altogether, after a warn, most players will simply quit, because it's better to stop playing a grindy game for now, than to repeat the infraction and have the account banned, it's very unlikely that your report ends up being a 2nd infraction, players will more likely:

• quit the game
  • maybe they find new motivation and play again
  • any sign of a report and they quit the mission

On an added bonus, if a player decides to AFK in survival and interception, you can add another report for an action against the team, if you so desire, if a player quits the mission, you can still report them for this.

16 hours ago, Kurenard said:

Hey,
Not sure where to put this, but a suggestion for the devs: please add the ability to report leeching, or inactivity. My wife and I just did a defense mission and there was a player that join and stood in the corner, just far enough away to not get attacked, but close enough to get affinity and items, and afked there the whole time. (except for bouncing around ignoring everyone 2-3 times during the mission then returning to his corner) Really left a bad taste in my mouth and it would be great to be able to report such behavior.
Thank you!

I found the best course of action against leechers is just leaving group and gifting them a nice and ripe Host Migration, you'll get the occasional hate whisper but nothing a /block can't solve

Honestly, I don't see the problem. It's not like they are actively sabotaging mission progress and as long as you're not running lvl 100+ endless missions it's not like you're really gonna need everyone on the team to be participating. Apart from that you never know whats actually going on on the other guys side. Somteimes I get a call mid run and just jump around with one hand until i'm done. I dunno it's just a bit alienating to me that many people feel the need to report every little thing that annoys them.... just live and let live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Lecifath said:

Honestly, I don't see the problem. It's not like they are actively sabotaging mission progress and as long as you're not running lvl 100+ endless missions it's not like you're really gonna need everyone on the team to be participating. Apart from that you never know whats actually going on on the other guys side. Somteimes I get a call mid run and just jump around with one hand until i'm done. I dunno it's just a bit alienating to me that many people feel the need to report every little thing that annoys them.... just live and let live ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because people don't like being told "Hey, pull the weight for that guy over there, too. Oh, he doesn't actually do anything to assist, but he gets all the same rewards!" 

Yeah just like @Qmiras said, leaving is the only way right now, but he leecher will get only a host migration, if one self is the host, which is not always the case. also to tell the rest of the Team to just leech with the whole squad isn't always possible. but funny if it works :D

What is even more intriguing about leeching, they do nothing and get rewarded for this. I mean, it's like going to work, sitting on the toilet for 8 hours playing games on the smartphone, and getting paid for this. On workplace, it may work for a day or maybe 2, but after.. you'll get fired. In general, it is not a value that should be respected/tolerated in any way imho and a video game should not encourage a behavior like this.

Imagine DE staff would have been working with a Moral like this.. Planet Earth would be worse because the lack of a great game.

Please, DE, make it easier to report leechers.

14 hours ago, Trooopsie said:

Wait...So, afk isn't how you play Warframe?

hmmmmm...I've been deceived. 

I know, surprising, right? 😛

It's hard not to AFK when the devs throw so many things, frames, and powers into the game without a care about balance. When one person can do the work of a whole team by spamming slide attacks or pressing 4 to win, it encourages people to just stand in a corner and let the game play itself for you.

@Paradoxity
I mean, I get where you're coming from. All I'm  saying is that I think a report and subsequent intervention by DE seems a bit like overkill, considering that if you think about it  leeching doesn't affect the, well... affected in a significantly detrimental manner. I'd be down for a kickvote or something along those lines as long as it cant be abused for trolling/griefing.
Apart from that i have never perceived leeching to be such a widespread problem in the first place, but maybe that's a region thing.