Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for counting wukong's clone and umbra's ai as a damage dealth percent

Devoider

Lately, people are using Wukong's 1st skill, and Excalibur Umbra's sentient to fight the enemies in many missions especially Index.  😆
As you know, right now the clone and sentient damage dealt doesn't count as the player damage dealt.
As a result, the player have a really low damage dealt percent.
I think these two abilities should be counted as the part of the player as well, so I would like to suggest to count wukong's 1st skill (clone), and Excalibur umbra' sentient as the player's damage dealt.

Edited by -Xtharvind-

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

IIRC, they don't count as to stop some form of exploit, but I don't fully remember. @Birdframe_Prime would know better than me.

I just know what I've been told in turn ^^

But... first

15 hours ago, -Xtharvind- said:

As a result, the player have a really low damage dealt percent.

And? The end mission stats are completely worthless, they count towards nothing and are no indication of how well you, as a player, were performing.

A couple of reasons I know of that the clone and Umbra, as well as Mirage's Clones, don't count for a lot of things (for example, Mirage's clones do not increase the Melee Combo Counter), is because of potential exploits.

If Wukong's Clone, or Umbra counted towards player damage, for example, they could proc effects, mods, arcanes and so on when they normally wouldn't, such as when you're in Operator form and can use them where not intended. Another is simply to prevent AFK behaviour, not simply standing around doing nothing, but to prevent you standing around doing nothing while the AI plays the game for you, which isn't something DE intend at all out of these functions.

Basically, there's a lot of stuff that goes on in the background that triggers off when you, the player, are doing things. If the AI could count as you doing them for longer than the AFK rules allow for, then that would definitely be an exploit.

5 hours ago, Atsia said:

IIRC, they don't count as to stop some form of exploit, but I don't fully remember. @Birdframe_Prime would know better than me.

It's a client/host issue.

It's counted for you as the host/solo player, all affinity goes to Wukong as it's considered an ability doing the killing, damage and kills are counted.

The only thing I've seen that could be anti-exploit is that it won't count if you're in Operator mode whilst hosting. But besides that, that's all.

14 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

And? The end mission stats are completely worthless, they count towards nothing and are no indication of how well you, as a player, were performing.

Enough for some people to get salty 

unknown.png

Happens a lot 

unknown.png

A lot lot

Edited by Chatv71e

19 minutes ago, Chatv71e said:

A lot lot

They still mean. Absolutely. Nothing.

They aren't recorded anywhere, the only thing they're building is those players' e-peen, nothing more and probably a lot less.

A player can do minimum damage, but have helped the team out more by playing a support role, or because another player just has a higher damage weapon and hit enemies with excessive damage instead of just with enough to kill them.

I equalled the damage of a Nova as Sortie level with an Mk-1 Paris (bow-only sortie) over an Operative Defense using only my Zephyr's Jet Stream (this was before her rework where Tornado became actually useful) to help the aim. I killed more, I did more, but you know what? I wasn't contributing as much as that Nova was by using her actual abilities.

I was just hitting things, I wasn't doing anything else other than maybe, maybe, standing next to the Operative with a Turbulence shield up to stop it dying.

So, while I admit that sometimes it can indicate that there's a bug, that your abilities aren't counting towards your kills or similar, it still doesn't affect the fact that your mission was a success, which is the only metric by which Warframe measures your 'skill'.

Damage, kills, damage taken, those functions on the end board are nothing and people that make stuff out of them and complain about them can go eat a tortilla chip vertically for all it matters.

It might  not mean anything, but if you are going full on duality and end up with 0% dmg, its not hard for game itself (not the players) to determine that you were leaching ( which is bannable)

Player frustration is just a part of the problem. Not to say kills made by summons doesn't go into Space Radio progress in any way even if you are host.

15 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

The end mission stats are completely worthless, they count towards nothing and are no indication of how well you, as a player, were performing.

When gauging what weapons work well with your clone though, and when keeping an eye out for AI errors, it helps if you know how well it was doing. I had no idea how good the AI was until I gave Excal Umbra my Rubico Prime and ended up doing around 70% of the team's damage with him. I wouldn't have stuck with him if it'd showed 6%, because I would've assumed he missed every shot.

2 hours ago, Colyeses said:

When gauging what weapons work well with your clone though

I did, in fact, say this in my comment, that bug testing is a thing.

2 hours ago, Chatv71e said:

but if you are going full on duality and end up with 0% dmg, its not hard for game itself (not the players) to determine that you were leaching ( which is bannable)

If the game detected and banned people for consistently dealing 0 damage, then I, personally, would have been banned literally years ago for consistently doing 0 damage runs on missions for Spy for fun (not even killing a Camera) or just being the team's Bless Trinity while barely moving enough to be clear of the AFK ruling. Or hell, why not the hundreds of times I was the Nekros (before his rework) and did 0 damage because all I did was press Desecrate every three seconds?

Even to the game, the end-of-mission stats mean nothing, it's the in-game actions/inactivity and player reports that matter.