The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ventkids rep by any other means?

webkilla

Right - doing tricks on your K-drive impresses the kids, that's neat

But they're also supposed to be orphans, living on the edge of society - I mean, their name: the vent kids... they live in the bloody ventilation ducts.

Just like you can hand in gemstones to the Fortuna people, why can't I also hand in stuff for rep to the vent kids? Be it floofs so they kids can have some proper toys, or perhaps some kind of rep-item that symbolizes getting a vent-kid adopted or flown off-world for a new lease on life?

It just doesn't make sense that this is the only way to gain rep with this faction - they're in just as dire straights as Solaris United, if not off worse - so getting them food, materials, toys, better shelter... It I don't see why not? The daily rep cap would still be a thing, and if its done via floof donations or something, then players would very much so still have to work for it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

The Vent Kid Syndicate is the dark soul's of soul crushing boredom and tedium right next to it's lord and master in leveling anything Archwing.......

Id rather level 100 archwing weapons than max vent kids rank a second time. Its not hard to take an arch weapon from 1 to 30 in a single mission but ventkids? Not only do you deal with replock so you cant just do it all in one sitting but if you are doing it "efficiently" its about 15-20 minutes of "dont fall in the pit" which is far less interactive than leveling on enemies.

The K-drive is the only thing in the game you cant gain affinity for by killing stuff (and consequently any standing with the ventkids).  Thats a huge fail right there.   

I got 4 ranks by grinding pipes and doing stupid tricks.  I got the last rank by doing races.   I still down have gold mods though because I would rather gut the ventkids then do races/tricks for them lol.   

Don't. K-drives are my skip items and I'm ok with that. There will be enough gear in the game to get to 30 soon enough and then DE will get a clear idea of which items the players hate. I guarantee that most people will be missing K-drives and a few archwings/weapons along with the odd super hard to get drop.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

My opinion: I wouldn't mind. Why? Well because other syndicates also have multiple ways to get standing. So why should the Ventkids be different? 

I think there's a functional difference between Vent Kids as a syndicate, and the OG 6 syndicates: the original syndicates exist as an additional layer of general grind, but then subsequent syndicates tend to serve a more specific purpose: Simaris exists around the scanning minigame, the Ostron around playing in the Plains, the Quills around Eidolon hunting, and so on. In this respect, the Vent Kids exist purely around K-Drives, and while there's likely more variety to be had in how to play with K-Drives, I think that if the fundamental mode of grinding for Vent Kids is unpleasant (which appears to be the case), then that is what should be fixed first and foremost. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I was about to say that first, but if we constantly say stuff like this, the game will a) never change and b) never make positive progress..

My opinion: I wouldn't mind. Why? Well because other syndicates also have multiple ways to get standing. So why should the Ventkids be different? 

Essentially this:

6 hours ago, Modeaus said:

Don't. K-drives are my skip items and I'm ok with that. There will be enough gear in the game to get to 30 soon enough and then DE will get a clear idea of which items the players hate. I guarantee that most people will be missing K-drives and a few archwings/weapons along with the odd super hard to get drop.

K-Drives are one of those things that should've been left to die as a gimmick like Lunaro, because it is a standalone feature not used in any other content, other than being a mode of transportation. Unfortunately we already have AW, which does a way better job at traversing open worlds. Besides, even just grinding for 10 minutes at the pearl maxes out your daily standing and levels your K-Drive. I did that before races were buffed, so no idea if those are better now. I reached max rank after leveling all the K-Drives to 30. You'd have to create a way to gain more standing in less time with OPs proposal.

Edited by uxx0

Sad thing is that I actually like K-drives

Sure, the mods that allow you to deal damage with them should probably a little easier to get - just so the array of things you can actually do with the things becomes wider faster. I want to be able to ram stuff, or smack into low level mobs and trash them with my board.

But beyond that - its just the lore around the ventkids that gets to me: I feel sorry for them, and I want to help. I mean, space-orphans with only their heads left organic. They need a floof or three just to sleep at night!

I don't know why we can't just throw salvage at them, they always want parts to make new boards right? I could understand it not being as much standing as building up street cred with the kiddos, but you'd think there would be something other than playing Tony Hawk's Pro Warframe 3.