Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Cost of Winning an event is too high...

(XBOX)BURZYCKI

While I can only speak for me and my clan I have to ask the thought process behind requiring us to farm to install a winning trophy to place it into the dojo. I just need to make sure I am on the same page of thinking that after farming for 100's of hours to even get a trophy we then need (in our case) 60K hexanon to build said won trophy to place it into the dojo.

Am I wrong in thinking this is like winning but actually losing all at the same time? I have never really understood the need to craft / build / farm post event just to place the "winnings" into our dojo's, maybe I am missing the reward part of the equation?

Are you a Warlord that has this same question? Drop a comment below with your thoughts as to why this is good or bad.

• Like 3

that's not even very much if the Clan has even close to significant participation from the entire Clan.

these Trophies don't even ask much of Clans thesedays. the bars are pretty low, basically every Clan should be able to get the Gold Trophy for every event because the only real bar is "are your Players logging in and playing some, and then contributing to the build queue".
that's basically it.

so uh, for a Shadow Clan, hitting the 60,000 mark means.... 100% of the Members hitting 2000pts (which means they didn't even get both of the Event Weapons), or 50% at 4000pts (so half the clan got to both of the Event Weapons and then never got any more than that).
you've gotta be kidding me if you're going to say that's too much of a requirement. each member only has to play for like a few hours in total (about half of the time spent getting to the Endurance Mission, and the other half of playing it basically once) during the entire Event.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that's not even very much if the Clan has even close to significant participation from the entire Clan.

I rather think their point is the fact that the clan has already participated to get the Trophy in the first place. Which is kind of an extension of how I feel about Ephemera, sitting through all that RNG grind and then getting slapped in the face with 4 DAYS of crafting on top of it.... such reward, much wow.... and they're not even tradeable lol. 

If DE doesn't already then they should at least give clans the first Trophy for free along with a blueprint to make more. That way they get one to place right away and if they want to go above and beyond that then they can expend additional effort to do so. 

• Like 3

hace 1 hora, (XB1)BURZYCKI dijo:

While I can only speak for me and my clan I have to ask the thought process behind requiring us to farm to install a winning trophy to place it into the dojo. I just need to make sure I am on the same page of thinking that after farming for 100's of hours to even get a trophy we then need (in our case) 60K hexanon to build said won trophy to place it into the dojo.

Am I wrong in thinking this is like winning but actually losing all at the same time? I have never really understood the need to craft / build / farm post event just to place the "winnings" into our dojo's, maybe I am missing the reward part of the equation?

Are you a Warlord that has this same question? Drop a comment below with your thoughts as to why this is good or bad.

How many more people are gonna cry because its "hard" to have a solo (or inactive)  clan ? .... (this is even worst because for some reason you have it in a higher tier) .

The point is if I participate in an event, lets say its a car race, pay for the car, the entry the driver etc, at the end, if I happen to win and a trophy is being offered, I get a trophy, I do not need to make my own trophy. 

We have a very active clan, well when half of them are not running plague star vs the clan event (not quite sure on that timing either) but the last time I checked when you win something you should not need to farm for the raw materials to make it.

This clearly does not help the members as they could use those resources to actually advance in the game vs. dumped into the black hole of the dojo vault. 

I used to be in a solo clan and all levels are meant to be a challenge I get that, but I am not questioning the 3 weeks straight spent farming for Hema, I get having to craft that after as painful as that was but that is not a contest trophy.

We spent months redoing our dojo to try to win the dojo contest, millions in resources, 100's of hours of time invested, and thankfully when we were lucky enough to win we got to farm more to craft that trophy also. Seems broken, unless I am missing something.

Goals are goals

Rewards are rewards

Trophy's should be free if you actually meet the goals in the contest. And give everyone in the clan that did participate a small version they could place in their ship also.

And don;t get me wrong, I am not one that supports non participation getting rewarded. If you do not participate you deserve nothing.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

As of writing My clan is in top 3 on the storm clan leaderboards for Hostile Mergers and we haven't even gotten 1/3 of the Hexonon required for the trophy. In my case it's 6k required. Honestly it doesn't even feel rewarding to get the trophy because it's a additional slog-fest grind just to farm the Hexanon for the trophy. Nobody wants to contribute and be leeches? 50/50. People don't want to do it because in hindsight disruption isn't really that rewording? I probably say definitely on that one. Even if I ask people to contribute Hexanon to the trophy and/or clan vault people are not going to be very happy about that especially since you might need more Hexanon for clan research in the future.

And do I also need to mention the crafting requirements for the Dojo contest trophies? At least for my clan for the bronze trophy it's 10 credits and 1 alloy plate to build it and anyone could build it no problem. I think that's totally fair. The Gold Hostile Mergers trophy on the other hand is really just another one of those things that make you want to fall asleep. The crafting cost requirements for the higher tier clans is ludicrous; especially if people don't want to help contribute to the trophy. 

Don't even get me started with the 1st plague star event over a year ago. My clan was moon at the time so we had to do the full 10k Hemocyte cystolith for the trophy and we thought plague star wouldn't return so we grinded our butts off the get the trophy built. I had to remind people hourly, bi-hourly, etc. to do the event to get it done just hours before plague star ended. It was hellish and I really don't want to go through something similar to that again as this can cause severe burnout in players.

In conclusion I think if you earn the trophy you earn it and you don't need to farm a lot of materials to build the trophy in the dojo. I Honestly think something around the lines of the resource requirements that the dojo contest trophies has sounds more fair overall for the clans that earn the trophy. Something like the plague star trophies and the Hostile Mergers trophies are too excessive of a grind. Having to do a excessive grind to get a truck ton of resources to build the event trophies really shouldn't happen again in future events not because it's hard but because of too much repetition which could lead to burnout on players which ends up hurting winning clans overall and that's without farming Hexanon to be ready for crafting future weapons and research that might require it in the future.

Edited by (XB1)falconpwnch0234
  • Like 2

My clan has accepted that it's going to be a few months minimum until we have all 4 trophies built, 

Jupiter doesn't really have that much appeal for rewards, so getting that much hexanon is going to be a slow process. 

But being able to build the trophy is more important than actually showing it to others for us. 

The quantity required does feel out of whack though. 

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

these Trophies don't even ask much of Clans thesedays. the bars are pretty low, basically every Clan should be able to get the Gold Trophy for every event because the only real bar is "are your Players logging in and playing some, and then contributing to the build queue".
that's basically it.

so uh, for a Shadow Clan, hitting the 60,000 mark means.... 100% of the Members hitting 2000pts (which means they didn't even get both of the Event Weapons), or 50% at 4000pts (so half the clan got to both of the Event Weapons and then never got any more than that).
you've gotta be kidding me if you're going to say that's too much of a requirement. each member only has to play for like a few hours in total (about half of the time spent getting to the Endurance Mission, and the other half of playing it basically once) during the entire Event.

So if 50% of a clan getting both weapons is all it takes.

Why does that not scale for smaller clans?

Me I did one run, got just over 4k and the team of randoms wanted to extract at 4k.

Two of my kids have access to my small clan but have not been playing. 

So I never seen any point making an effort as this was aimed at clans with active committed members 🙂

17 hours ago, Oreades said:

I rather think their point is the fact that the clan has already participated to get the Trophy in the first place. Which is kind of an extension of how I feel about Ephemera, sitting through all that RNG grind and then getting slapped in the face with 4 DAYS of crafting on top of it.... such reward, much wow.... and they're not even tradeable lol. 

If DE doesn't already then they should at least give clans the first Trophy for free along with a blueprint to make more. That way they get one to place right away and if they want to go above and beyond that then they can expend additional effort to do so. 

Warframe as a game is built on grind though. I don't think it's that bad to ask a clan to have some resource investment to build a trophy they earned. There is no RNG element to earning the trophy, and the Hexenon resource is fairly common.

The 50% mark seems reasonable, depending how they balance the event. In the last case it was around 15-30minutes of playtime and seemed more than fine for an active clan. However, the ressource cost to place that damn statue is aweful.This is probably due to hexa being a new ressource we don't yet have stockpiled, but seeing as the game mode is lackluster and there's no reason to play it I don't see myself ever stockpiling a decent amount of it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (XB1)BURZYCKI said:

No, I share your feelings Tenno and this is something I thought about over a year ago.

As I already stated in the past I'm the leader of my solo clan and this means that with every event I get faced with the fact that unless I'm willing to put hearth and soul in it I won't be able to get the gold trophy because I'm considered to be in the same "range" of clans with up to 10 people. Obviously the score is based on a clan of that size so, no matter the skills, it is not a walk in the park as you also have to take time into account. Now, I have gold stuff to display but as I first built the display room I realized I was actually losing the game as I was simply farming for a decoration meant to celebrate and remember the effort of a group of people. I was alone. Despite the fact that I was somewhat happy I had something to show up I realized I wanted to play the game to do what I wanted and not to brag because "I was there" as the sheer amount of time invested in the event and farming the resources needed to build it (looking at you hemocytothing) and the number of times I had to repeat it, really worn me out to the point I said to myself "this is not fun, never again". And so I did, I no longer compete in clan events as I really cannot put up with the time and effort necessary to get the shiniest of shinies.

I'm good with fact that is an event meant for a group of players and I will never b**** about it but as a solo clan it leaves me with 2 choices:

1 - Accept the fact that I am the problem and I don't want to repeat a boring event for gazillions of times, plus I have to pay for my own trophy (a very expensive one at that since I have to pay for 10 people). This is what I chose

2 - Ask for solo clan tier. What is the point in this? Who do I have to impress in my solo clan since people who come by to trade are not interested (and rightly so) in peeking around?

TL;DR

The event are fine the way they are but if you feel you are losing the game, well, I think you are. I play by the rule that I do what I want to have fun and do not let an event dictate how much time and effort I have to invest for a "gold" trophy

EDIT

For the sake of the argument, mine is a PoV from a strictly solo clan leader but I do think that actual clans should be proud of what they achieve together even when I do not agree on the time and resource required to get the trophy. GG, BB

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

The cost of winning an event is time.  Not seeing your point here.

The cost of winning the event is time - you are correct and I have no issues with winning the event. My issues are with having to re-win the event just to make the trophy. 

I guess if you think about it like winning the lottery and then having half of your winnings taken from you in taxes, then this is all fine.

Still does not feel like winning.

I get the issue but I don't feel it's actually a problem.

A 60k statue means you're in Moon tier and even at 300 active players (the cap for Mountain tier) it's only requiring 200 Hexanon per player to be donated. If the clan has fewer active members than that then why is it still Moon tier?

If you're in a Moon clan that's that inactive then it might honestly be time for some purging; the remaining members are going to be constantly paying the price for them otherwise. But if the relatively few members are already fine with fronting the costs of research at that tier then is Hexanon really that different? It's not like there is absolutely no reason to farm there either with all of the Amalgam, Lab Amalgam, and Disruption drops unique to the planet.

The core issue isn't going to be solved without either downsizing or DE adding more clan tiers between Mountain and Moon.

21 hours ago, taiiat said:

these Trophies don't even ask much of Clans thesedays.

The question is : should they cost anything at all?

It's like organising the olimpics and then give the blueprint of the medal to the winners. - Good job guys ...now here what you need to make your gold medal... 😉

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Warframe as a game is built on grind though. I don't think it's that bad to ask a clan to have some resource investment to build a trophy they earned. There is no RNG element to earning the trophy, and the Hexenon resource is fairly common.

Like I said if they want more than one Trophy sure but they already put in the base grind for the first one by proxy of winning it. Much like Ephemera it's just another instance of "Hey ya dun did the thing, now hurry up and wait" and in the off chance that it isn't, it's more of a "it's not a problem for me so it isn't a problem" shtick. 

RNG wise, to some degree everything in this game is RNG even earning a trophy. It's just more evident with some events vs others. 

14 hours ago, SastusBulbas said:

Why does that not scale for smaller clans?

SuOyt2l.png

idunno, you get out your calculator and you try to tell me that it doesn't scale.
careful though, it does scale perfectly to Clan Tiers, so don't actually tell me it doesn't scale because that would be incorrect.

10 hours ago, Nirrel said:

It's like organising the olimpics and then give the blueprint of the medal to the winners. - Good job guys ...now here what you need to make your gold medal...

see also:

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

the Resources is just like Plague Star for the Trophies - but the Resource for the Trophies isn't a one off exclusively for them this time. don't look at me, as to why it is or isn't.

for say Plague Star, since the Resource used for it was dedicated then there wasn't any problem. it isn't dedicated this time which is odd but don't look at me.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

SuOyt2l.png

idunno, you get out your calculator and you try to tell me that it doesn't scale.
careful though, it does scale perfectly to Clan Tiers, so don't actually tell me it doesn't scale because that would be incorrect.

see also:

for say Plague Star, since the Resource used for it was dedicated then there wasn't any problem. it isn't dedicated this time which is odd but don't look at me.

You forgot to add,

"SO IF 50% OF A CLAN GETTING BOTH WEAPONS IS ALL IT TAKES!"

Try reading my post in context, not taking a snippet after a comment the snippet relates to.

OP states it does not scale if he is saying a larger clan than mine only takes all members 2000 points or 50% getting 4000 points.

That would infer a single player clan only needs 4000 points. 

As I was referring to someone else I dont need the calculator.

16 hours ago, trst said:

I get the issue but I don't feel it's actually a problem.

A 60k statue means you're in Moon tier and even at 300 active players (the cap for Mountain tier) it's only requiring 200 Hexanon per player to be donated. If the clan has fewer active members than that then why is it still Moon tier?

If you're in a Moon clan that's that inactive then it might honestly be time for some purging; the remaining members are going to be constantly paying the price for them otherwise. But if the relatively few members are already fine with fronting the costs of research at that tier then is Hexanon really that different? It's not like there is absolutely no reason to farm there either with all of the Amalgam, Lab Amalgam, and Disruption drops unique to the planet.

The core issue isn't going to be solved without either downsizing or DE adding more clan tiers between Mountain and Moon.

I'm in this kind of Moon Clan with a lot of newcomers, so usually most of the contributions is done by a handful of MR27. The Statue is far from being ready yet (still missing 25k Hexenon I think), that gives the "vets" a reason to do endless missions or vault runs in Jupiter instead of Liset AFK. I don't see a problem with the 60k Hexenon cost. Anyway, not everything has to be instant-craft or instant-completed. Then everyone complains there is nothing to do...

Plus, I don't expect people to pour all their Hexenon into the Statue this close to an Empyrean release/reveal, where Dojo Docks and Personal/Clan Ships will have to be built, sinking thousands of resources.

I have contributed quite a lot of Hexenon but now I'm keeping them until the Empyrean release just in case. I'd rather the Statue be late by a few months than the Dojo Dock or whatever.

Edited by Chewarette

23 hours ago, Nirrel said:

It's like organising the olimpics and then give the blueprint of the medal to the winners. - Good job guys ...now here what you need to make your gold medal... 😉

Exactly