Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I got "Login failed.Check your info"ed. Am I just screwed?

mr.cleN69

TL;DR: I tried everything the internet has told me to, and more. EXCEPT ask my roommate to change from IPv4 to v6. Cause I'm not that guy. Is that seriously the only option I have?

So 3 days ago, I downloaded Warframe onto my Switch. I absolutely love it, and had plans to make MR 4 by tonight, and get the rest of my new weapons to max rank, and then maybe a new warframe. Needless to say, it was consuming my life.This morning, I wanted to hope on early(its my day off), and got into the game fine, and as it booted up, I decided to get the Warframe companion app. As I logged into it, it said something about not being able to update while the game was open, or something. I didn't pay too much attention to it, because by this time I was already doing my first void relic mission. I completed it, and what do you know, "Game progress cannot be updated." Alright, whatever. Ill do it again later, let me just do a quick extermination to see if its still a problem. Yup, it is. 

So I close my game and try to log in, but am greeted to a "too many logins detected" prompt. So I thought it was the apps doing. I log out of and delete the app from my phone, and try again. Lo and behold, I see the "Login failed. Check your info" prompt, and my warframe is now base Excalibur, and not my Volt. After a few failed log in attempts, I scoured the internet to find a fix, and made a zendesk support ticket. I have come to the realization that my problem is likely the fact that my internet is IPv4 and not IPv6. I should also mention, I am not one to beg my roommate to change that with the ISP, just for my sake. So I have gone as far as everything (including the internet), going off and on again, manually changing the IP address, and even using a hotspot. No luck. I've heard it can take weeks to months for support to get back to me, as it is a small team mainly focused on the monetary problems players have, so I'm kinda expecting my request to get lost in a pile. Am I just doomed to no longer let Warframe clutch me in its warm hands of life ruining fun? Is there anything else I can do?

No! Never fear I have your answers! 

What has happened to you happened to me and it took Support a couple days to respond because they are super busy, but they will be able to help you. It also happened to my stepson, who plays on Ps4. 

Basically, DE has blocked your IP. I think it might be an automatic response/glitch to using the app while playing on Switch. Also you are probably already on IPV6, most people are by now. That was an old post that I saw myself. You must ask them in a support ticket to unblock it. There are a couple of ways to circumvent this in case you want to keep your day count going. You can set up a mobile hotspot (this will also confirm that it is a blocked IP. When this happened my wife and I did a TON of research) or you can try an ethernet connection through the switch dock if you buy a $20 usb to ethernet switch supported cord.

Hope this helps. It really sucked and I got very anxious when it took Support a few days to respond. But they will help you. They know their stuff. 

Edited by (NSW)Badger