Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ignore your original objective"

(PSN)N7_Dredgen

Look, I don't mind a dynamic tossup of missions - but please for the love of all that's holy, stop letting this happen AFTER the original objective is completed and I'm working my way to extraction.

Is it hard for me to kill 40 enemies?  No.  But I quit these missions exclusively because of the annoyance factor.  In most cases it's more time efficient to just quit and start again... 

It's a cool concept - but very uncool in its execution.  

Please look into making this only happen midway through the original objective because frankly when I've already done the objective, I deserve to extract and not have my time wasted. 

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

Usually this only happens if you almost failed the initial goal.

Did you activate the alerts while in a Spy Vault? Did you get see by an enemy while hacking the console? Or were there still enemies while you captured a target?

If any of these are true you have high chances that the mission will change to an EXT and I think it actually fits pretty good. You got seen and now have to eliminate the witnesses

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Did you activate the alerts while in a Spy Vault? Did you get see by an enemy while hacking the console? Or were there still enemies while you captured a target?

If any of these are true you have high chances that the mission will change to an EXT and I think it actually fits pretty good. You got seen and now have to eliminate the witnesses

For me it usually happens on a capture, after I have grabbed the target. Very annoying.

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

It happens to me all the time in typically shorter missions. 

Earlier today it was during a capture... and being MR27 running a capture on Venus... well I can assure you I didn't come close to failing.  The target was on his butt in 1 shot from my gun and captured instantly.  I also had it happen today in a (Also Venus) spy mission where I had already captured the 3 vaults.  (You can probably tell I was burning through my Nightwave objectives.)

It's totally RNG if it happens, but it's dang annoying when you've done the objective already.   

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

On 2019-06-24 at 4:08 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Or were there still enemies while you captured a target?

It can't be that as I typically ignore enemies until I get to the target so if this was the case it would happen pretty much every time. I probably have the mission switch maybe one in ten.

22 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Seems to happen more frequently in captures if you catch the target in or around 1 minute. 

This is a possibility as I always blast through caps, usually the void ones for prime junk relics. I was doing Nightware stuff on Lex/Ceres last night and had the mission switch after I had capped the target and was about to head to extraction (as above my Arca one-shot the target). Queue and extra 4-5 mins of enemies running around like headless chickens I had to hunt down before I could extract.

Now I want a peculiar mod that turns enemies into chickens when they break at the end of missions...

Since a few people keep saying reasons why it could happen in regards to capture missions, I'll just put the reason Glen said it switches when he tested it on his stream and by looking at the code:

"You have a list of spawn and its only run if you spawn in the spawn room. It depends entirely on the . It also check if you have unranked gears, so if you have a warframe level 5 or bellow it wont trigger If its quest, sorties, kuva it wont trigger. it will only do on capture, mobile defense and sabotage, and then its a 1 in 15 capture. "

It's pure RNG

Edited by --Brandt--