Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the purpose of being the best

Son_of_Anubis

7 hours ago, kikasnoob said:

MR 6’s have access to 777 and don’t need a weapon for a 5x3,

I think if you are going to lock tridolons behind anything it should be a solo 1x3 cap! This way whenever you join a pub tri hunt you know everyone in the squad are capable because they had to solo them to unlock pub hunts.

I have meet all kinds since I’ve been hunting and MR6’s aren’t that common, less common than MR22 embers with mote amps and 0 kills or caps in their profile to be fair.

but that’s just pubs for ya!

Pubs are for experimenting, learning, practicing and teaching.

Recruiting and friends are for hunters who want to hunt.

Have access to and realistically getting are 2 different things. Theyd either have to toroid farm like crazy or else leach hard during the profit taker fight, which goes back to my original issue.

After reading all the post made throughout this thread it seems there are different view points and each side is correct on their own grounds so I can't hate anyone here. 

Maybe its the mindset we all came with once we started warframe as someone else also stated. Maybe its that mindset make you get annoyed a little things others find normal. 

I'm starting to see that. Not sure I can tolerate though but that's why solo missions exists. 

• Like 1

The purpose of being best is to ensure that the Saryn or Mesa on your team is not best. Otherwise, no reason... But Saryn and/or Mesa are in most games in my experience. It is our duty to make sure that they are not best.

9 hours ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

Have access to and realistically getting are 2 different things. Theyd either have to toroid farm like crazy or else leach hard during the profit taker fight, which goes back to my original issue.

This statement applies to all players regardless of MR.

Your issue is with low mr,

lets say we remove mr lower than yourself from being able to hunt, will this now mean that whenever you join a pub hunt your team mates are going to be good hunters?

I don’t and I think your frustration will be higher unless your true issue really is just low mr and not lack of experience.

On 2019-06-24 at 9:39 AM, Son_of_Anubis said:
On 2019-06-24 at 9:39 AM, Son_of_Anubis said:

Why do new players believe having most kills and best dps means your doing most of the work is beyond me

No enemies= no work 

Spin to win 

Kill everything 

It sounds worse than it looks 

On 2019-06-23 at 9:09 PM, Son_of_Anubis said:

Why do new players believe having most kills and best dps means your doing most of the work is beyond me. These players never contribute but always die off screen and expect you to revive them when there 400m away. 

Where did this mindset come from I honestly want to know. This is why so many people don't play with randoms, we need to find the source of this corruption and purge before it gets worse. Or this mindset will be the new meta

They think this way because:

• That's the focus many vets use as the litmus for performance
  • The mission summary encourages the behavior
  • The enemies faction abilities, mission objectives, frame ability trends, mods and enemy spawn rates reinforce the need for high dps dealt efficiently. 

The fact that the forum melts down anytime DE adds mobs with long TTK stats just ensures the behavior long-term.

Speaking from the perspective of someone who used to be one of those people you're talking about the reason (at least mine) isn't at all what you think. 

When I was a lower Mr and I got matched with 20+ Mr dudes I felt like I had to put in maximum effort so as not to feel like a leech who didn't contribute to anything. I saw so many people who complained about leeches that I didn't want to be one so as a result I went all out and tried to contribute as much as possible when maybe I wasn't capable of actually doing so. 

Now I greatly prefer to be trin and camp the objective making sure everyone stays alive and has energy at all times while killing anything that gets close. Sometimes I like to go Mesa and just hold down the objective so that others can do their thing and make sure we don't lose by killing anything that looks at the objective wrong.

I'd also add that I'm currently mr14 and I'm still too worried about screwing things up that I have yet to do an eidolon or profit taker because of people who will S#&$ on me for not knowing what I'm doing. Hell I just didn't ropalolyst for the first time yesterday after putting it off for so long so the same reason only to have someone lose their S#&$ because I didn't realize it had to hit the capacitor before I could fly it into it. I think the real problem is people who take for granted that they've done something a thousand times and get annoyed with people who don't understand it as well as they do. Luckily the community overall is really good and for every bad experience I've had, I've had at least a dozen really positive ones. Can't say that about many games. 

Edited by Damizza
?

13 hours ago, kikasnoob said:

This statement applies to all players regardless of MR.

Your issue is with low mr,

lets say we remove mr lower than yourself from being able to hunt, will this now mean that whenever you join a pub hunt your team mates are going to be good hunters?

I don’t and I think your frustration will be higher unless your true issue really is just low mr and not lack of experience.

At MR 6 you dont have access to rivens,  you dont have access to top tier guns unless you bought them with plat. So that's 2 pretty big things against low level players. 

Edited by (XB1)Demon Intellect

2 hours ago, Damizza said:

I'd also add that I'm currently mr14 and I'm still too worried about screwing things up that I have yet to do an eidolon or profit taker because of people who will S#&$ on me for not knowing what I'm doing. 

Honestly, just go for it (well, just the teralyst bounty until you get the hang of it).  I had no practical idea on how to hunt other than amp = shoot shield, gun = shoot joints at first but people are generally helpful if you ask.

Feel free add me in game if you want to try hunting. I'm not some hardcore 6x3 meta player or anything but I've done it enough times to maybe give some basic pointers.

2 hours ago, Damizza said:

Speaking from the perspective of someone who used to be one of those people you're talking about the reason (at least mine) isn't at all what you think. 

When I was a lower Mr and I got matched with 20+ Mr dudes I felt like I had to put in maximum effort so as not to feel like a leech who didn't contribute to anything. I saw so many people who complained about leeches that I didn't want to be one so as a result I went all out and tried to contribute as much as possible when maybe I wasn't capable of actually doing so. 

Now I greatly prefer to be trin and camp the objective making sure everyone stays alive and has energy at all times while killing anything that gets close. Sometimes I like to go Mesa and just hold down the objective so that others can do their thing and make sure we don't lose by killing anything that looks at the objective wrong.

I'd also add that I'm currently mr14 and I'm still too worried about screwing things up that I have yet to do an eidolon or profit taker because of people who will S#&$ on me for not knowing what I'm doing. Hell I just didn't ropalolyst for the first time yesterday after putting it off for so long so the same reason only to have someone lose their S#&$ because I didn't realize it had to hit the capacitor before I could fly it into it. I think the real problem is people who take for granted that they've done something a thousand times and get annoyed with people who don't understand it as well as they do. Luckily the community overall is really good and for every bad experience I've had, I've had at least a dozen really positive ones. Can't say that about many games. 

Well start in terralyst and it will get easier. You can actually play as trinity during hunts and be a big help to the team as well.

I have to say I have not come across this problem, I always just do the objective and others can do what ever they want unless its bounties in plains or vallis, those are only place where I can leave the group if others just go fishing and leave me doing objectives solo. 

As someone said before me, cannot control what others do and I agree with this if you join in pugs you are bound to get players who can be doing what ever, some might be speed runners where others might be learning how to parkour. If people annoy you, block them? And if they dies somewhere far away, that is their problems since you are not obliged to revive them if you are needed at objective (unless you want to rev them ofc, its free game after all).

15 hours ago, Damizza said:

Honestly, thank you for this common sense.

There's a very horrible habit some vets have of forgetting just how big this game is and how very far new players have to go. Years of collecting the massive inventory of stuff, perfecting the game modes and trivializing high level content (especially after watching how to vids) has turned them into a bougie, snotty clique of sorts. It's worse when they bought their way to mod/arcane heaven. OP doesn't fit in that category but does bring to light just how large of an age, experience and playstyle group Warframe has. 

Lol people complaining about people killing too much? This is new.

In this game, mindlessly killing mobs is pretty much doing the objective at the same time. Enemy spawn options are so limited and the AI is so braindead that everyone can abandon the point in defense type missions and it will barely get touched.

End Screen Mission Results do not constitute who is better. I'm sure those randoms thought YOU were the best for actually doing the mission and saving their backs. Unless they're toxic kids.

In the point of being the best, the whole idea is the thrill of the hunt. Competition, success, seeing how good you can do. It's a shame it takes 14 hours to reach level cap, or i think others would feel the same