Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is enemy armor scaled with players?

Jarl_Baalin

Question

Hi,

I've been farming Hemocyte with Titania for a while and found that using Diwata with shattering impact was a very easy way of stripping it's armor. It takes about 35 hits with a build that focuses on speed and impact damage, but when I'm playing with others, the armor wont go away, even thought I hit it 70+ times.

So does the armor scale then? Or maybe it's just a visual bug?

On another note, if I'm not able to remove the armor when playing with others, should I go for radiation damage against that thing or stick with corrosive?

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Hi,

I've been farming Hemocyte with Titania for a while and found that using Diwata with shattering impact was a very easy way of stripping it's armor. It takes about 35 hits with a build that focuses on speed and impact damage, but when I'm playing with others, the armor wont go away, even thought I hit it 70+ times

Its a Visual Bug.... the armor is going away with the exact same number of hits.... but only the Host can see it....

8 minutes ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

On another note, if I'm not able to remove the armor when playing with others, should I go for radiation damage against that thing or stick with corrosive?

The Hemocyte's Armor is weak to radiation BUT its health is resistant to Radiation.... essentially cancelling out any bonus damage you do...

Its Armor is neutral to Corrosive AND its health is weak to corrosive.... even if you can not strip any of its armor off Corrosive is still the best damage type to use against The Hemocyte....

This the only Enemy in Warframe thats designed this way....

1 minute ago, Jarl_Baalin said:

Thank you Lutesque!

Now I can keep on doing my thing in good faith 🙂

Good.... 

In my case... Armor Stripping is the only thing I can off to my team. 

My Loki doesn't even have the range to Teleport the drone very far..... and my Kitgun sucks.... 

But I just recently fully upgraded temporal Blast..... so I hope that makes me more useful....

1 час назад, Lutesque сказал:

Its a Visual Bug.... the armor is going away with the exact same number of hits.... but only the Host can see it....

Wait, what? Shattering Impact reduces armor by 6 per hit, doesn't it?

So, for exmaple, if an enemy is lvl10, then he has 100 armor. But if he is lvl20, then he has 200 armor (purely example values). That said, if I want to strip lvl10 enemy armor, then I need 100/6=17 hits. But for lvl20 - I need 200/6=34 hits.

Don't I get it correctly? How is it calculated?

Or is amount of armor always the same, regardless of level? Then how and why it increases? What's the formula, if one exists?

Edited by bl1te

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

The Hemocyte's Armor is weak to radiation BUT its health is resistant to Radiation.... essentially cancelling out any bonus damage you do...

Its Armor is neutral to Corrosive AND its health is weak to corrosive.... even if you can not strip any of its armor off Corrosive is still the best damage type to use against The Hemocyte....

This the only Enemy in Warframe thats designed this way....

Er no.. Hemocyte has Fossilized health.. which means it is weak to Corrosive and is actually most resistant to Radiation

So you want a high crit, corrosive damage weapon for fighting the Hemocyte.

Edit :

My bad, I read that wrong. Yes it does have armor weak to radiation and health weak to corrosive. But anyways, Corrosive works well against it anyways since its health is really resistant to radiation. Armor is atleast neutral to corrosive

Edited by Arkennstar

27 minutes ago, bl1te said:

So, for exmaple, if an enemy is lvl10, then he has 100 armor. But if he is lvl20, then he has 200 armor (purely example values). That said, if I want to strip lvl10 enemy armor, then I need 100/6=17 hits. But for lvl20 - I need 200/6=34 hits.

Don't I get it correctly? How is it calculated?

Or is amount of armor always the same, regardless of level? Then how and why it increases? What's the formula, if one exists?

The very basic and easy way to understand it, is shattering impact removes 6 base armor. Armor on enemies has a base amount for a level 1 enemy, that is multiplied by the actual enemy level. By removing the base armor, there is nothing to scale up from.

Example: Eidolon Teralyst has 200 base armor at level 1. Using a Sarpa, which shoots 5 pellets on the charge attack, will strip 30 armor at a time with a single charge attack with Shattering Impact on. By the time the 7th charge attack has hit it, it will have 0 armor to scale up from. Even at level 50, it still only takes 7 shots to completely remove its armor.

Example the 2nd: Hemocyte has 175 base armor. If you were using a Sarpa again, with 5 pellets per charge attack, by the time you fire the 6th charge attack, it will have 0 base armor to scale up from.

Edited by Giantconch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkennstar said:

Er no.. Hemocyte has Fossilized health.. which means it is weak to Corrosive and is actually most resistant to Radiation

Well... yeah.... thats literally what I said....

1 hour ago, bl1te said:

Yep.... really nice mod to have.... its often forgotten about....

1 hour ago, bl1te said:

The base armor is always the same.... its the effective health that scales along enemy levels :)