Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Codex + Relics is FUBAR right now on console...

I dont know if this next schedules patch will fix these concerns or not but I want to write them down before I forget lol.

BEFORE DE changed the latest UI stuff you could go into your codex and goto arcanes and see which current relics you were missing and or you could click on any of the ones you had and see how to obtain more of that type.   

After DE change the relic UI I dont see ANY of that info in our codex.   It only shows relics you own(not current relics you are missing).  And also I can not see anything that tells you were you can go for specific relics!!   

You cant even see if a given relic type is even in the drop tables currently or not or are vaulted.  

#1. Make the arcane section of codex display the most current relics even if you do not own any.

#2. Add back the information on where to get specific relics.

#3. FIX chat links on console(ps4).   Sometimes for unknown reasons you will try to link a relic and it will not be allowed.  I dont know if its because you down own any or the one you are trying to link is vaulted or if chat links are just borked.  Just yesterday,  Sunday the 23rd of June I was trying to help someone who was wanting Rhino relics.   I tried to link [Axi s3 relic] and the game kept saying it wasnt a linkable item.  But this has been a problem on ps4/console for months now, and sometimes make it difficult to form groups to pop relics.   In chat you will also see other people who have no problem linking the same exact item.     (and 100% no it is not spelling errors making the links not work)

#4.  The new round of UI changes make looking at items kind of a pain.  If you click on someone's chat link all you get is a picture of the thing they linked.   You have to mouse over to a stupid little box that says info if you actually want to see stats on them item.   This is very counter intuitive.   The stats of item should be the FIRST thing you see when you click on a chat link.   

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

FIX chat links on console(ps4).   Sometimes for unknown reasons you will try to link a relic and it will not be allowed.  I dont know if its because you down own any or the one you are trying to link is vaulted or if chat links are just borked

This is not a bug. It is a feature. Any item that is not readily available can only be linked when you own it. If you do not own a vaulted relic, you cannot link it. I don’t get the logic behind it, but it has been like this for a long time.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

You cant even see if a given relic type is even in the drop tables currently or not or are vaulted.  

You can, well on PC at least. DE has decided stuff like that needs to have “pages/tabs”. You just scroll to the next one and it tells you - pretty easy when it tells you when you are looking at it how to do this. Perhaps it is one of those things that console hasn’t got yet?

40 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

1. Make the arcane section of codex display the most current relics even if you do not own any.

This is not a helpful feature. I would much rather see all the relics I have than the ones I am too lazy to farm. Sure, as a “sort by” feature this is fine. But not as a forced thing.

Point #2 is irrelevant as it is there already. Or going to be added if it isn’t.

Point #4: I am not sure why DE changed it from this. They seem to want us to “hover over things to get information” now. I see very little logic in that. So I agree, stick it back now it was.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

1. Make the arcane section of codex display the most current relics even if you do not own any.

This is not a helpful feature. I would much rather see all the relics I have than the ones I am too lazy to farm. Sure, as a “sort by” feature this is fine. But not as a forced thing.

---------------------------------------------------

This is exactly how it worked previously before the UI changes............

It was extremely helfpul for anyone who didnt want to visit the forums non stop.   If you knew a batch of new relics had been dropped you could just go into your Codex and see them all and see exactly where to go to get them.  

In your codex - arcanes/relics  it showed all the arcanes at the top,   then all your owned relics,  then at the very bottom it showed all the CURRENT relics you didnt own.  (like right now it should be showing all the Volt/Loki relics)

43 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

In your codex - arcanes/relics  it showed all the arcanes at the top,   then all your owned relics,  then at the very bottom it showed all the CURRENT relics you didnt own.  (like right now it should be showing all the Volt/Loki relics)

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

#1. Make the arcane section of codex display the most current relics even if you do not own any

To me, these two statements mean different things. I have no issues with it going [Arcanes -/ owned relics -/ unowned relics]. That is perfectly sensible. I interpreted your suggestion as “put the newest relics at the top”. So, new relics would be first, then owned relics etc. That to me is a bad system.

• So, the old way is fine, how I interpreted your suggestion is bad.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I'll probably get in trouble here, but what does fubar mean?

For the sake of not getting in trouble: ‘Fouled’ Up Behind All Repair. Here is a link if you are unsure.

• Satisfied 1

Wow 1,2,and 4 are all still a problem even after the Wukong update where I thought they were going to fix a ton of the relic UI problems??  I havent been popping alot of relics lately so I dont know about that side but on the codex side and chat window side it is still absolute garbage.  

Now when people are trying to form groups to pop relics together and you click on their relic link in chat, you cant even see what the hell they are going after until you click on the stupid info button.   That is the freaking OPPOSITE of how UI should operate.   You should be displaying as much info as humanly possible while keeping it easy to ready.  Not making the first and only thing you see initially a dumb generic picture of the item.   

INFORMATION is the first thing you should see

On 2019-06-24 at 7:15 AM, krc473 said:

You can, well on PC at least. DE has decided stuff like that needs to have “pages/tabs”. You just scroll to the next one and it tells you - pretty easy when it tells you when you are looking at it how to do this. Perhaps it is one of those things that console hasn’t got yet?

.  Relic links do not have pages/tabs on ps4 even after Wukong update(atleast not through chat and not through codex, dont know about the window when ur choosing a relic for a fissue).   Which shouldnt even be needed in a proper UI.  

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Relic links do not have pages/tabs on ps4 even after Wukong update(atleast not through chat and not through codex, dont know about the window when ur choosing a relic for a fissue).   Which shouldnt even be needed in a proper UI.  

I believe PC has this in both the codex and the chat link. I don’t think it is there for relic selection/upgrading. [Edit: I had this the wrong way around] I am not 100% though. It does seem a little weird that console doesn’t have it. Any chance you can post an image of a relics information in the codex? I am curious as to how different it is. (I will get a PC one later when I am on to show you what I see)

• I am not really a fan of the UI updates. DE has this thing about hiding the useful stuff lately. Take Wukong’s passive effects for example, they are hidden on the final page of ‘tips’ when you view the abilities. This is not a logical location.

Edit:

If you go to the Void Relic Foundry, you can view the drop locations of relics. It is only in there (as far as I can tell). On PC, you select the relic then hit Tab to scroll - RT if you are using an XB1 controller. I am unsure about a PS4 one. I will stick a picture in the spoiler. So, this is present, it is just not in the most obvious (or useful) locations.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by krc473
Added a picture | Corrected my mistake - You can view drop locations in the Relic Foundry

The info is definately there when choose relics for fissures..

Maybe back at the refiner/codex I wasnt clicking on a particular relic first.  I will test that out today.  Im pretty sure I did this yesterday and didnt see anything, because thats also when I went to look at how fissures worked.  

On 2019-06-24 at 1:32 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

#1. Make the arcane section of codex display the most current relics even if you do not own any.

What do you mean with that? i still can see the unowned Relics in the Relics & Arcanes Codex Tab for an example i have no Axi A4 and i still see them there.

On 2019-07-01 at 9:29 AM, xMarvin732 said:

What do you mean with that? i still can see the unowned Relics in the Relics & Arcanes Codex Tab for an example i have no Axi A4 and i still see them there.

Thanx beta tester,  errr I mean PC player.   That is NOT the case on (ps4/consoles)

On 2019-07-03 at 1:41 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Thanx beta tester,  errr I mean PC player.   That is NOT the case on (ps4/consoles)

You're welcome, Console Player, sadly you cant go on without being disrespectful but maybe you will learn that in the future 😉 

On 2019-06-24 at 2:29 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Well, i checked on PS4 and on Switch (yes i have Consoles too) and the PS4 Account is old so there are only old Relics from 2-3 years ago and i can see unowned current relics on there which are greyed out.
Try reinstalling the Game, its probably a bug.

I will admit to being wrong about new relics not showing up in codex if you do not have any.  I didnt try to farm for Volt/Loki/Bo/Wyrm because I hate the void.   But while I was looking at codex I typed in Volt and Loki seperately and apparently I have atleast 1 of each of the most recent relics which is why they were not greyed out.   

Dont know how I got them.. it must have been from all the Syndicate relic packs I baught.

----------

#1 non-problem.

#2.  We have full info(and tabs) on fissure screen and at the refiner which is great.   We just do not have that info in the codex...where the game tells you to go to see where to find relics...  

#3.  I can see having no need to post a chat link to form a group to a relic you do not own...   But what is the freaking benefit of not allowing us to link stuff we dont own.   Is this to cut down on chat spam or chat server performance or something??  It seems completely unnecessary to stop people who dont own things from being able to talk about them...  What if I wanted to trade for relics I dont own..????

#4. This is also still a major problem in my opinion(important info up FRONT).  Same reason as above.  People have to click on your chat link to see if they have any of that relic and then they have to click on a tiny stupid info button to see what the hell is actually in the relic.   That is NOT helpful in the slightest.   The rewards of the relic should be the first thing you see when you click a chat link.  (and then a tab to see where you can find them would be nice)   But this makes it more difficult to form relic popping groups not easier.