The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Still problems with weapon swap mechanics.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

You guys almost have quick weapon swapping completely hammered out but there are still a few issues when you trying to switch between gear, guns, melee in whatever order. (This is coming from ps4/console)

#1.  I notice ALOT when I go from melee to my gun which are usually the automatic variety even though im holding down the trigger it only fires a single bullet and then nothing.   Sometimes nothing is fired.  It isnt until I let up and pull the trigger again that my gun starts laying down a hail of bullets like its suppose to.  So = broken...  

#2.  I thought this was fixed in the last patch but hostile mergers seems to have re-introduced it.   You are unable to switch from codex scanner to melee..  May be dependant on your setup....  I usually do not have a weapon in every slot (primary, secondary, melee).  If your missing a secondary it can cause problem.  If you only have a melee then you may also have problems...   But this makes hunting kavats or cephalon targets a major pain in the butt.   But this also applies to anything else in your gear wheel.  

#3.  Similar to #2 Your archwing and the gearwheel do not like each other which is a annoying problem out in orb vallis.  If you have a tranq rifle out and then try to jump into an archwing it will swap out your tranq for your primary or secondary.  Again this depends on what you have equipped.  No secondary is usually a problem. 

#4  Datamass thingies HATE to fly....   If you are on foot and try to airglide with a datamass in your hands you will drop it.    If you have a datamass in your hands and you jump into an archwing (which can be needed in orb vallis) you will drop the datamass!!     Please disable the ability to drop a datamass if you are airgliding or equipping your archwing.   I can pretty much guess why the archwing forces you to drop your datamass...   Same reason/problem as #3.   When you equip the archwing it hits the weapon swap button.

This stuff is still in the game as of Hostle Mergers.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I just went hunting for kavats yesterday and this is definately broken again like it was right after melee 2.? was introduced.   

Using anything from your gear wheel mixed in with combat is an absolute pain in the ass.   As in whatever you had equipped from the gear wheel never STAYS equipped if you try to swap to melee and then back to gear.   

I thought it might be because I usually only carry a melee weapon only or melee+primary but it doesnt work in any combination.  As soon as you melee you have to re-open your gear wheel to re-equip a Codex Scanner for example. (if thats what you were trying to use).  

You guys at DE did have this mostly fixed in that you could go back to your codex scanner from melee.  And that only way to get back to a gun was to first melee and then hit triangle/weapon swap yourself.   But Hostile Mergers seams to have reset that code for some reason.................  Please re-fix this ASAP.   (as well as all the issues above)

• 2 weeks later...

Nyx/Rhino just dropped.. im all over the game.   But I noticed that I am no longer dropping data-mass's during mobile defenses when I aim glide which is GREAT!!!  Havent checked out if I an archwing with a data-mass in OV yet....     soo... #4 partially fixed yay!!!

Everything else is still broken...

• 2 weeks later...