Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orbiter and warframe placement upon extraction from missions.

CedarDpg

Dear DE,

Just a small QoL improvement suggestion. When we're running missions, we either "quick travel" or walk to the Navigation console to select a mission, right? It would be nice if we're running missions, upon extraction (or failure of the mission) to be placed within range of the Navigation console so we can interact without having to always walk over to the console to be within interact range.

Hit esc>navigation. There you go from wherever you are in the ship you're just 2 button presses away from navigation.

happy no problem GIF by Expo Pass

EDIT: Same thing works for the arsenal, the foundry, *spoiler* and even your mods section.

Edited by EDM774

7 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

Hit esc>navigation. There you go from wherever you are in the ship you're just 2 button presses away from navigation.

happy no problem GIF by Expo Pass

EDIT: Same thing works for the arsenal, the foundry, *spoiler* and even your mods section.

I know how to fast travel around my orbiter, and *gasp* even around Cetus/Fortuna/Relays. Super advanced, I'm sure you'll agree. If you note, there is a specific case for this, which is when we are placed back in the orbiter after extracting from a mission. (This is right next to Navigation, but almost an insult that it's JUUUST out of interact range.) It's mainly a minor annoyance that occurs over and over. Kind of like having to leave squad after a mission by hitting escape, moving to your tag and selecting leave squad, instead of having a hot key or an option to automatically leave squad. There are workarounds, but it would be nice to have it built in.

And besides, why would I fast travel to navigation when it'd be faster to just press "W" to get within range? Amazingly by pressing "W" I save 1 keystroke by doing so.

That's some grade A nit picking right there. maybe if warframe was your job and every second counted and you did like 200+ missions per day those wasted seconds could add up and this would be a valid complaint but since it's a game and this is such a non issue you look like you're just looking for stuff to complain about. (at least pick an actual issue LOL)

You do have an understanding of what a QoL suggestion is, right? A QoL suggestion could be something like, "I'm hungry after a mission can you have Ordis make me a ham and cheese sandwich because it would give me the warm fuzzies..." which is still a QoL suggestion, albeit one that's almost completely useless except to people who might like a virtual ham and cheese sandwich.

Your OPINION is that this is a non-issue. My OPINION is that it's annoying and is a small issue that is repeated after every mission. Do I want them to fix this instead of big bugs? No. If it's a simple fix such as changing coordinates for where you spawn in to the orbiter which I have a suspicion is the case, then a change would be easy and quick and could be rolled into a hotfix with other bug fixes.

In any case, I have made many posts or have contributed to many posts that had bigger import such as bugs that either impact playability or bigger inconveniences. So keep your condescension to yourself. 

Edited by CedarDpg