Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk's Desert Wind

TKDancer

Since Iron Staff got a status buff...can we get one for Baruuk's Desert Wind now? 10% status on a pure impact exalted weapon just aint good 😕 not to mention the exaggerated rag-dolling it causes, lots of slapping highly armored enemies across the room without killing them

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

baruuks 4 really needs some changes ,, armor reduction % on hit or other stripping method

giving it a similar treatment of boosting status and adding some slash to the IPS(or IS i guess) spread would help it a lot

• Like 1

The Ragdoll on Baruuk's 4th ability ruined the entire frame for me.

I use him with normal melee and ignore his entire mechanic because it's more effective. He has 90% + 50% DR from the start which makes him very durable and the ragdoll CC needlessly annoying. His 10% base status actually wouldn't be that bad if they removed the Ragdoll since each strike in melee actually hits twice.

Since Shattering Impact also works on the Waves that would be a viable option as well.

53 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

His 10% base status actually wouldn't be that bad if they removed the Ragdoll since each strike in melee actually hits twice.

How about if the ragdoll only triggers if Baruuk hits the enemy directly, while the waves just cause stagger?

I think it would be more satisfying to directly punch an enemy and send them flying off into a wall rather than having the waves do it personally.

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

The Ragdoll on Baruuk's 4th ability ruined the entire frame for me.

I use him with normal melee and ignore his entire mechanic because it's more effective. He has 90% + 50% DR from the start which makes him very durable and the ragdoll CC needlessly annoying. His 10% base status actually wouldn't be that bad if they removed the Ragdoll since each strike in melee actually hits twice.

Since Shattering Impact also works on the Waves that would be a viable option as well.

Welcome to warframe...we added ragdolls just to annoy the heck out of you

56 minutes ago, Aldain said:

How about if the ragdoll only triggers if Baruuk hits the enemy directly, while the waves just cause stagger?

I think it would be more satisfying to directly punch an enemy and send them flying off into a wall rather than having the waves do it personally.

It would have been fine to keep a combo that ragdolls but not every single hit of any attack. Let the player choose when they want a ragdoll or pull effect. I even dislike the new melee slam. It's awesome we can direct it's impact point but that's ruined by a huge Ragdoll radius which is esp bad for short reach weapons.

I mean Dual swords like ~3m with Primed Reach and an 8m AoE slam Ragdoll? What nonsense is that?

I swear if I put my tinfoil hat on it feels like they're trying to nerf melee DPS by having the player chase down the enemies. They already get heavily staggered with each strike. We don't need much more than that.

yeah the ragdolling is just a nuisance that doesnt really help cause you dont need that form of 'CC' as baruuk when you can just have tons of DR, disarm opponents and put them to sleep

guaranteed impact procs on every hit would have been much better, but even if they were removed, i still think desert wind would need a boost to status to better compete better with other exalted weapons, a smaller bump (5%-10%) would be nice if they also gave it a unique shattering-impact effect(but stronger) that stacked with the mod

Edited by TKDancer

Hmmm....

While i agree that Ragdolls are a bit too annoying, i never felt any lack of Damage.  Even on 100+ Grineer missions like K-Floods and such.

Have you tried Combining Serene Storm with AOE Status weapons + Condition Overload?   You apply procs with Ranged, and then deal damage with Storm. 

Personally i find this method much more engaging and fun than simply using high status melee with CO and spamming eeeeeee.

SS got very good crit potential....It would be waste to mod it for status Procs.  Use other weapons for status, and SS wave as a Finisher move. It blows sht away like...you dont know. 

So no. I dont think it needs any change in stats....apart from ragdolls maybe.  Its pretty foken good as is if you know how.

4 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Have you tried Combining Serene Storm with AOE Status weapons + Condition Overload?   You apply procs with Ranged, and then deal damage with Storm. 

OR! i can just keep shooting if im gonna use guns, since my weapons are already much stronger and run on very abundant ammo instead of restraint

Personally i find this method much more engaging and fun than simply using high status melee with CO and spamming eeeeeee.

okay, your definition of fun involves bad melee weapons being carried by your guns, good for you, this does not make the melee weapon, in this case desert wind, any better, just like how using a weak beam to fill a target with statuses would not make fang prime with CO a good weapon

SS got very good crit potential...

which is wasted when he doesnt have a means to deal with armor, specially since the base dmg is pure impact

also we can.. have both, dual status/elemental mods exist

iron staff was also a crit exalted melee weapon, it was meh and got buffed to have 30% status chance on top of its 25% crit chance(plus primal rage), its now amazing

So no. I dont think it needs any change in stats....apart from ragdolls maybe.  Its pretty foken good as is if you know how.

its really not, its okayish, made 'meh' by the ragdolling, its really good vs hordes of really low level enemies due to the waves going through walls tho, but thats about it

i'd also like to remind you that if DE ever decides to give desert wind a bump in status or another way to strip armor, u can still use your convoluted CO method, nothing's stopping you

5 hours ago, Kainosh said:

^ That right there annoys me. The excuse that “oh since we can just quick switch between guns and melee now you can just use a multistatus weapon to boost the weapons damage with condition overload”. NO! It is an EXALTED WEAPON it should not require the highest damage method for it to perform at the same level of the other exalted melees that don’t need Multistatus CO to be good.

And the fact that you would defend Serene Storms pitifully pathetic state with that arguement is insulting.

20 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

bad melee weapons being carried by your guns

No, my ranged weapons only apply status.  Thats it.  Its required for Maximum damage from Condition Overload.  

You cant fit All the elements you need for that into your Serene storm alone.  

I use this only if target is sturdy enough to survive Storm's already decent damage.    Or i just sleep finish em if i dont want to bother stacking procs. 

That, and stop *@##$in.  Uncool.

Also, https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Shattering_Impact

Edited by Kainosh

18 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

OR! i can just keep shooting if im gonna use guns, since my weapons are already much stronger and run on very abundant ammo instead of restraint

Heh, or just use that method with a normal melee weapon to greater effect without knocking enemies around the room.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Except shattering impact isn’t remotely effective on Serene Storm. It’s attack speed is far to slow to fully take advantage of the mod.

Yea, I tried it even with Primed Fury and Berserk it felt clunky. I think his block combo was semi decent speed but I don't get why he feels like a step backwards in melee combat when they're trying to improve it. Just another unpolished frame release with pretty much all feedback ignored.

Just now, Xzorn said:

Yea, I tried it even with Primed Fury and Berserk it felt clunky. I think his block combo was semi decent speed but I don't get why he feels like a step backwards in melee combat when they're trying to improve it. Just another unpolished frame release with pretty much all feedback ignored.

They did far more than just ignore feedback. They didn’t even give us a way to give official feedback. Yeah, no feedback thread.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s attack speed is far to slow to fully take advantage of the mod.

Only Sarpa and Gaia's tragedy are faster.

Serene storm got several multihit combos that go very fast with Berserker.   That pulling one is good.

6 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Only Sarpa and Gaia's tragedy are faster.

Serene storm got several multihit combos that go very fast with Berserker.   That pulling one is good.

Except you PULL them right out of your LOS and you’re no longer damaging them.

Gaias Tragedy is a Fists stance and has no attack speed because it is a stance. Sarpa is a gunblade And is faster than Serene Storm but that’s not saying much. I don’t know what you’re trying to convey by bringing those two things up. I can guarantee you there a several melee weapons that are far faster than Serene Storm.

2 hours ago, Kainosh said:

No, my ranged weapons only apply status.  Thats it.  Its required for Maximum damage from Condition Overload.  

using a weapon that does no dmg and only applies status? read my fang prime comment, the melee weapon is still bad and u'd be better off just using a good gun, or another melee weapon that stand on its own

I use this only if target is sturdy enough to survive Storm's already decent damage

the raw dmg is decent, but it simply cant deal with armor, plus the awful status chance and pure impact IPS hurts its dmg output(which is why iron staff got turned from pure impact to 2/3 impact 1/3 slash), thats all seren storm has, raw impact dmg and good crit chance for more raw dmg

meanwhile, exalted blade(normal) has decent stats and the benefit of being mostly slash, the augmented version is a CO death machine, valkyr's talons managed to get by despite the low status chance due to being mostly slash and being MUCH faster(plus warcry to go EVEN FASTER)

see this where we find out you dont know what you're talking about, shattering impact only applies to the direct hits, not the waves, and the direct hits send enemies flying, meaning u strip 6 base armor(x their level scaling) and chase them down to strip more, it doesnt help

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

And in your slang: if a weapon, especially one that uses another resource than energy, needs another weapon to perform decent, it's S#&$. Period. 

yup

Edited by TKDancer

More status would be great but I was thinking that the damage reduction on it could be better considering the upkeep of desolate hands and the passive. Also enemy attacks reflected back by the waves should damage the enemies, but that's more of a nitpick.