Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prerequirement to be allowed into Spy sorties

Shaderox

So im getting very tired of all these people going into spy sorites with NO idea what the game mode entails and also hosts that leave on the 00:01 data destruction timers and gives the rest host migrations.

So i very much vote for "Comple 8 spy missions solo" or "Complete all 3 data vaults in a spy mission solo twice" be added as a one time unlock to be allowed into spy sorties, yeah i know most reasonable people do the spy sorties solo and then turn it back to public, but is that really the way it should be?.

(probably just extra salty now since i had A LOT of those 1sec left host migrations on today sortie, but i feel its a reccuring problem almost every time a spy mission shows up).

Having completed 8 Spy Missions solo or Completed all 3 data vaults twice doesn't make you immune to failing in any vault.

No criteria is still the best criteria. If you can't stand failing a mission because of another one's failure, don't go in PUG.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 3

Spy requires a bit of attention to detail, so of course people are going to be messing them up left and right. And you can't use the one-button puzzle clearing Ciphers in Sortie, which some players seem to forget, so they actually have to do their own hacking. And if you're always using Ciphers, you might not be very good at the Hack puzzles. I even see people trying to use Liset's Air Support to hack consoles on occasion.

Don't pug Spy sorties if you don't want to be frustrated.

You can always go solo or find a group in recruit. If somebody finished a few spy missions on Venus it doesn't mean they'll be able to do anything on Uranus or Jupiter.

Also, Grineer consoles are timing based. In a game with p2p connection... dependant on your performance, connection to the server and the host... People WILL fail those, there's no way around it.

24 minutes ago, Shaderox said:

(probably just extra salty now since i had A LOT of those 1sec left host migrations on today sortie, but i feel its a reccuring problem almost every time a spy mission shows up).

Solution: Do it solo. Simple and easy. That is the only fix to people leaving at 1 sec. Your proposal wont change that.

24 minutes ago, Shaderox said:

So i very much vote for "Comple 8 spy missions solo" or "Complete all 3 data vaults in a spy mission solo twice" be added as a one time unlock to be allowed into spy sorties

I have done thousands of Spy missions (I hate Hydron and do Spies to level). I failed a Spy Sortie the other day. So, I am not sure what your system will achieve.

Here is my suggestion: IF you have no confidence in your team, volunteer to do the rooms at the start of the mission. I have no problems with people saying "I struggle at these" because then I can just do all the rooms and not fail the mission.

14 minutes ago, Infirito said:

Also, Grineer consoles are timing based. In a game with p2p connection... dependant on your performance, connection to the server and the host... People WILL fail those, there's no way around it.

Grineer consoles are not impacted by the latency.

Just now, Chewarette said:

Not directly, but if you're lagging and connection freezes, that makes it real hard to finish them. The only redeeming factor is their lack of a timer, but it's still a bad choice for a game like this imo.

I don't agree you should limit player access to game modes, but I would like to see change in spy missions so it would have redeem mechanic instead of flat out failed mission. Something like one extra spy room per tileset which would be much harder. And if you fail a room you could still compleate the mission by doing this annoying af room. 

On 2019-06-25 at 12:00 AM, Chewarette said:

*this

I'm pretty sure the 'mini-game' screen is Client-side, not Host.

The Host isn't processing your individual input timings anymore than your inputs for basic movement and UI interactions; which is none btw, only the final outcome.

20 minutes ago, Gamalahalaf said:

redeem mechanic -snip-

When I see the someone's vault start counting down

I deploy my Liset Air Support to temporarily freeze the countdown.

That really ought to be enough of a redeem mechanic right there.

The problem is that no one else knows about this mechanic so they don't bring Liset Supports as well, and half the time the guy in the vault has no idea he's being saved and leaves squad without taking advantage of the opportunity...

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

9 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

When I see the someone's vault start counting down

I deploy my Liset Air Support to temporarily freeze the countdown.

That really ought to be enough of a redeem mechanic right there.

The problem is that no one else knows about this mechanic so they don't bring Liset Supports as well, and half the time the guy in the vault has no idea he's being saved and leaves squad without taking advantage of the opportunity...

This requires extra knowledge of the game and specific gear, which new players do not have and might not have access to. Where you could impliment this into the gamemode itself. 

1 hour ago, Gamalahalaf said:

This requires extra knowledge of the game and specific gear, which new players do not have and might not have access to. Where you could impliment this into the gamemode itself. 

Knowledge and Gear

Isn't that what Spy is all about?

learning the solutions to vaults and bringing the correct gear/warframes to accomplish that

Just now, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Knowledge and Gear

Isn't that what Spy is all about?

learning the solutions to vaults and bringing the correct gear/warframes to accomplish that

Ofc, but you cannot expect this from new players yet, this is why I think there should be way to solve the mission after failed room not flat our failed mission screen. Otherwise we just see raging high MR players who quit when they see any low players or just leave when ever alarm is sounded what happends now.