Jump to content
(PS4)Hopper_Orouk

We need Ai 2.O

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Specifically Ai allies 

I think enemie Ai is ok at it's current state...although i'd like to see smarter melee enemies(currently the smartest melee enemies are at orb vallis)

 

But our Ai is really bad at the moment

Companions, specters, specter abilities

I think the reason why sentinels work because they have limited things to do and limited places to be...they don't need to think about crouching or which enemy it should attack...

And their mods also work in order of your build...there's no Rng about it 

 

Right now the smartest specter in the game is Wukong...so i should give DE props for working hard on making it good

 

But an overhaul of specters and companions movement and priority would he appreciated if you can 

The key here is not to try making them "smarter", just make them do focused tasks in known periods...acting more like a walking turrets than just walking

And maybe restrict their movements based on the location of the player, attacking from the angles that the player aren't attacking from...

And let them recognize the range of melee weapons and that peice of instruction should scale based on melee range mods...i mean let them always attack from the edge of the weapon

 

Do people think the same? Or is Ai completely fine to you?

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

honestly i tend to obliterate my enemies  before my allies have a chance to do anything. except for the sortie defense target. that boy needs to go to school.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wrum said:

honestly i tend to obliterate my enemies  before my allies have a chance to do anything. except for the sortie defense target. that boy needs to go to school.

I'm honestly wondering if fixing our specters is considered power creep or not 

 

I'm not demanding a boost of damage or stats

I just want reliable specters...maybe not too reliable i don't know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I'm honestly wondering if fixing our specters is considered power creep or not 

 

I'm not demanding a boost of damage or stats

I just want reliable specters...maybe not too reliable i don't know

from what ive seen the wukong twin ai is pretty good. maby aplly that to the specters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an ai revamp would do wonders for the game. This goes specifically for enemies. Would be nice for once if the difficulty would increase based on the enemies getting smarter rather than them just one shotting all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

~snip~

the games AI is bad period. both for enemy and ally. when i can say destiny 2 has better more aggressive AI, that should tell you. even killing floor 2 has better more aggressive AI.

Edit: there are many instances where you will see them moving in a conga line ignoring you and going for another player. the "on the rails" is bad and they should feel bad.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least ally aIs should be able to swing melees properly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eehhh...the specter frame if you copy wukong the wukong specter will always keep on hitting 3 and don't do much which it has dis-functional property is acting up which I used wukong's hair clone compared the specter frame wukong and it seems that specter become stupid while in the process.  Yea they need improved the wukong specter bit more smart thinking of chose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with Specters you should be able to set behaviors similar to the gambit system in FF12. Sure that might be considered OP if you're excellent at optimizing them but being able to set specified behaviors under certain conditions would give us a real reason to use the specters. Make full use of the weapons and abilities when you summon them. Maybe put them on a time limit or cool down if they're too powerful that way but it would be helpful.

 

Alternative idea, allow Operators to temporarily possess a specter via void dash. Again, place the specters on a cooldown or something

 

I'm aware a lot of people will dislike the idea and that's fine. I just want to see some versatility to the system and have more control over the AI

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (XB1)WafflyLearner89 said:

I think an ai revamp would do wonders for the game. This goes specifically for enemies. Would be nice for once if the difficulty would increase based on the enemies getting smarter rather than them just one shotting all the time

Exactly...having an enemy that dodges, attacks more frequently..will give us more challenge than buffing the damage and the health and armor of the enemy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

the games AI is bad period. both for enemy and ally. when i can say destiny 2 has better more aggressive AI, that should tell you. even killing floor 2 has better more aggressive AI.

Edit: there are many instances where you will see them moving in a conga line ignoring you and going for another player. the "on the rails" is bad and they should feel bad.

In warframe the smartest Ai is the one that doesn't do much...or the one that has a set of abilities that he activates at a certain time...like orb valis moas that grapple to you and attack

 

Example of bad enemy Ai is the butcher...i still cringe so hard when i see him trying to attack me from 7 meters away

The reasons why wukong clone works because he doesn't cast abilities...he just attacks...but the accuracy still suffers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

I think with Specters you should be able to set behaviors similar to the gambit system in FF12. Sure that might be considered OP if you're excellent at optimizing them but being able to set specified behaviors under certain conditions would give us a real reason to use the specters. Make full use of the weapons and abilities when you summon them. Maybe put them on a time limit or cool down if they're too powerful that way but it would be helpful.

 

Alternative idea, allow Operators to temporarily possess a specter via void dash. Again, place the specters on a cooldown or something

 

I'm aware a lot of people will dislike the idea and that's fine. I just want to see some versatility to the system and have more control over the AI

We can mod our companions but they still can't behave well...melee attacks are slow and inconsistent 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SixDimensions said:

I think with Specters you should be able to set behaviors similar to the gambit system in FF12. Sure that might be considered OP if you're excellent at optimizing them but being able to set specified behaviors under certain conditions would give us a real reason to use the specters. Make full use of the weapons and abilities when you summon them. Maybe put them on a time limit or cool down if they're too powerful that way but it would be helpful.

 

Alternative idea, allow Operators to temporarily possess a specter via void dash. Again, place the specters on a cooldown or something

 

I'm aware a lot of people will dislike the idea and that's fine. I just want to see some versatility to the system and have more control over the AI

My god that would be amazing. I don't even bother work specter but something like this would blow me away, not just specter but pets too.

For those that don't know it's a system where you are given actions coupled with conditions.

Simple example, heal self is an action, condition when hp drops below 50%. This could add a lot of fun to the game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TaylorsContraction said:

My god that would be amazing. I don't even bother work specter but something like this would blow me away, not just specter but pets too.

For those that don't know it's a system where you are given actions coupled with conditions.

Simple example, heal self is an action, condition when hp drops below 50%. This could add a lot of fun to the game.

you mean much like dragon age origins? i also liked the gambit system because i also love dragon ages tactics system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

We can mod our companions but they still can't behave well...melee attacks are slow and inconsistent 

I'm not sure if you quoted me because you agree, disagree, or are just adding additional commentary lol.  But I certainly don't disagree that melee attacks for AI, specter included, could use an improvement.  As for modding companions I'm not sure of the relevance to my statement.  Mods and gambit-system style conditions/behaviors would be entirely separate.  Same as you modding your weapons but using certain ones under certain conditions (i.e. you wouldn't use a shotgun at sniper range so you can either close to engage or use a ranged weapon. You would set preference to behaviors for the AI as well).  Please note the proposed system doesn't have to be any more complicated than the gambit system was.  I'm not saying set every individual trigger explicitly.  Just weight the preferences for various behaviors including weapon/ability use.  Yes AI targeting can still be improved but the two ideas for improvement are not mutually exclusive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, AI in general, both for our companions and for enemies, could stand to bear significant improvements. Our companions especially tend to interact really poorly with scenery, and often get stuck in loops, while also tending to frequently make "wrong" choices, e.g. staying behind and fighting a group of deadly enemies solo. Considering how Wukong's new clone seems to be better at most things than older companions, it may be that DE's done some work on AI, which could be used to improve the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...