Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greater Holster Customisation

PollexMessier

The ability to edit your mele holster position is great but right now it leaves much to be desired. The biggest issue being you can't edit the weapon position on frames individually, only on the weapon itself which applies to every frame, and this makes the feature almost unusable. Since the default holster position on every frame is different, and edits to the weapon's position are additive to whatever the default is. Which results in just about any position you place the weapon where you like on one frame, being terrible on just about every other one. Even slight adjustments seem to place weapons in wildly different positions on other frames sometimes.

Other issues are just how constrained the amount you can move it actually is. Most of the time its impossible to flip a weapon's position 180 degrees because the range of movement is asymmetrical on most frames. Meaning you can't tilt a weapon as far one direction as you can the other, unless you've bought a mirrored holster for platinum, which is only available for some weapon types. Additionally some weapons can't be shifted as low or high as you might want. Gram prime for instance really bothers me because it's holstered really low on frames, but for some reason by default is maxed on the y position and so cant be raised any higher. You can argue that these constraints are a way to avoid players running around with unsightly weapon positions, but it doesn't particularly solve that issue, as the other day I saw someone running around with their greatsword sticking right out the front of their pelvis. The exact sort of thing you'd think these sort of limitations would exist for.

All I'm saying is it would be nice if holster positions are a bit more customizable than they are now. Everyone loves more customization options right?

Edited by PollexMessier
Minor grammar fixes

That's definitely something that's always bothered me. There are a lot of general loadout cosmetic things that I wish would be tied to a specific frame appearance set, but this is one of the bigger ones for me. Adding some gun holster options would be nice as well, since there are quite a few idle stances that leave longer guns clipping into the frame when sheathed.