Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros is killing me lol...help

Hey, since I've only recently gotten used to posting on these forums, I think I have an idea on what topics I'd want to discuss, if more people respond to them. It both makes me feel like I'm actually apart of this community, and gives me inspiration to get my name out there. Anyway,

I want to bring to light the Warframe of Death itself's first ability in his kit.

Something so sinister, so corrupt, so downright potato...er, I mean 'lethal', it can send enemies souls' into the stratosphere.

His soul punch is lame. I don't actually know why I thought about this, but it really doesn't do anything besides ragdoll or knockdown enemies. Basically, it's Nekros passing gas through his hand and maybe it'll send some Heavy Gunner spamming their gorgon at him off the map. Or just an Iron Jab clone. Don't get me wrong, Nekros is cool and all, but if only he could get a drop of Pinnacle Pablo's grace, maybe he's be re-envisioned as a true necromancer of the dead that casts curses and spites his enemies, utilizing the dead to do his bidding. Not like he doesn't do that already. Idk. Nekros would be a lot more fun to use if his dead guys actually felt like they were doing damage and not just taking hits for him while simultaneously standing around. If they had AI like Wukong's broclone, I could finally find a Nekros dps build. Or if he had synergy that didn't rely on his 2 augments, you know? I wish augments were essentially different routes you could take to make warframe abilities work differently, or add a unique twist to them, and not being the be all end all must haves in order for the frame to be good. I don't find fun in that, ironically, both his despoil and his shield of shadows augs are on him for me. I don't know if I got any point really got across other than change his Soul punch to something useful. I'll try better next time.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Jakimw25 said:

His soul punch is lame.

I agree. Have a look at Titania’s Tribute. You punch the enemy away, leaving a ghostly shape behind. The enemy is weakened afterwards and the ghostly shape gives you a buff. Surely this is what Soul Punch should do, right? Literally punching the soul out of the enemy (or enemy away from its soul).

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Jakimw25 said:

Nekros would be a lot more fun to use if his dead guys actually felt like they were doing damage and not just taking hits for him while simultaneously standing around.

The problem is that enemies just don’t do much damage to start with. The players take far less damage to kill than a level 100 Bombard for example, so the enemies don’t need as much damage as we do. I do agree that they need a buff, not to ‘player strength*’ of course. I don’t know if a better AI would actually help or not though. I am quite happy just using them to tank with.

*edit: by player strength I mean “to match us”. Maybe 500% extra strength or something?

Edited by krc473
  • Like 1

I think soul survivor should be innate to his 1st ability. Even in standard of 1st ability it still feels rather lacking. Oberon's Smite set a good line of how a 1st ability should be. 

Regarding SotD, most abilities if not all that control enemies suck because the health and attack power of enemeis increases in different curve. When they hit 10x harder they might already 100x tougher and their attack just don't work on themselves anymore.

And General Discussion is a place to discuss your idea but if you want DE reading it you should make it simple and clear and make a thread in feedback sub-forum.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XB1)Jakimw25 said:

His soul punch is lame. I don't actually know why I thought about this, but it really doesn't do anything besides ragdoll or knockdown enemies. Basically, it's Nekros passing gas through his hand and maybe it'll send some Heavy Gunner spamming their gorgon at him off the map

yea they need remake nekcros's soul punch which they need rename it better then that I was hoping that would fit his theme but no it was terrible for it feel like he just do it trying send garbage out the room quick as possible which its useless but its only for $##t and giggles for press 1 watch raining ragdolls yet I am not impress of his 1 ability.  The only 1 that is useful ability is his altered version of this mod

latest?cb=20180329122627

But that is even more useless for I tested for it didn't say "How much energy will to be consumed" its freaking eat it ALL I MEAN ALL OF IT!  I only would use despoil with this because your are going get lots players back up and watching them dieing again.  The mod is only for $##t and giggles as well again and I barely used this mod unless I feel like doing it like Payday gang telling my teammate a far to say "Get da ###k up" and watching them dieing again on the floor as I trolling them by punching more on their existing bodies as the bombarder just repeatedly killing them🤣 to come think about it this is really really a trolling ability because there is funny loop hole while the with it pretty much grineer is grieving your teammate ...naw you have to be there to get it what it means but I find that soul survivor is a troll for you have to do it in boss fight in low level. Don't do anything helping the killing the boss just wait for them go down then just punch them back up and watch them get bombarded by the boss again then you'll know what I mean.

Anyway I think they need start changing not only nekcros's 1 ability also the Soul Survivor which I find it trolling because 30% of hp recover when I could of stay 0 upgrade and watching my teammate dieing because they only have 15% hp left, I don't know why the dev put that much they would of buff it instead of do nothing of the mod because it is really trolly for think about it we go Jackle boss and you have a group of noobs who isn't full upgrade and stuck with weakest weapon and your playing as nekcros high ranking player and going back with that and watching the noobs dieing and only giving 15% hp pretty much they still end up dieing and you don't want lift a finger to kill the jackle.  Pretty much this mod is pretty much a bully trolling mod for its worthless to have.  At the time being I don't understand why the dev made this mod to think players is going heal their own teammate for that and really use this mod, no my answer is just really true this mod is just meant to bully low level players because I tested and tried it for few days and it seems that it is used for just bully for the weaker players and no thank you no more for they either need buff this mod so other pro players won't grief new players, at least don't give 30% hp all the time.

So this should ve in suggestion isn't it rather in general? Becaus right now you guys just talking/wenting on general and if this is enough for you sure, go ahead. I like reading these ideas, just wont make it to the game unless more people suggest and request the change on the proper forum area.

1 minute ago, 40PE said:

So this should ve in suggestion isn't it rather in general? Becaus right now you guys just talking/wenting on general and if this is enough for you sure, go ahead. I like reading these ideas, just wont make it to the game unless more people suggest and request the change on the proper forum area.

So where should I put discussions like this? Sorry I'm new to posting on here.

I would just gather up the ideas what people posted in this topic, make a list of requested changes and why. Then ai would ask players to "sign/agree" and hopefully it grows a few pages and Devs will work on it and do the change more people would like to see in the game. 😉

• Like 1

I feel this on a personal level as a once apon a time Volt main. Volt's augments don't do anything that make him feel more Volty. He also has that "old frame 1" where he just throws out a bolt of whatever element you are such as Ember, Frost, Nekros, Sarin, Old Kong and the sort. With the new "fast frame" coming whenever, I can see my beloved Volt just becoming the other shield guy and becoming a Vauban. I'd love to see reworks to alot of the older frames or just some skill tweeks like Sarin got. 

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

The problem is that enemies just don’t do much damage to start with. The players take far less damage to kill than a level 100 Bombard for example, so the enemies don’t need as much damage as we do.

Easily fixed by applying the player's gun mods to the guns of the shadows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Easily fixed by applying the player's gun mods to the guns of the shadows.

Oh, I never said it was hard to fix. Just that this is what I perceived the issue to be. I was suggesting giving them 500% extra damage (perhaps affected by power strength). Because if they have weak guns, will our gun mods be sufficient? Or, combine the two.

Soul Punch is pretty bad. perhaps enemies that you punch could become Shadows temporarily (since they have no soul, they aren't "alive" in the conventional sense), it would be a good way of getting some minions without having to kill enemies or cast his 4, which takes time and can cost a lot of energy, the downside is having to get up close and individually hit each enemy. Shield of Shadows should also apply to them, to make Nekros tougher without relying on his 4.

either that, or replace it entirely with a new ability entirely. personally I think a pure damage ability would be good, since that's an area Nekros lacks. thinking maybe he throws out a huge, black Shadow that passes through enemies and does a ton of damage, maybe with armour reduction. not only would this look awesome, it would allow Nekros to scale better and damage heavy enemies without needing a super strong weapon loadout.

additionally, this move, which I'll call "Ghostwave" for now, could synergize with Shadows of the Dead: any shadows of the Dead caught within Ghostwave could have their health replenished and receive a temporary damage buff, increasing their fighting capability. killing enemies and buffing minions: that's what a good summoner frame is all about!

just an idea anyway.

Soul Survivor was good for endurance runs.

When you get high enough in level trying to revive someone can often end up in having to revive two players. Nekros obv himself is good for them but since Operators the augment has become a pointless mod since Operators can revive without putting your frame in harms way.

Terrify could use some number tweaking. I don't think it's asking to much that if you build him Strength + Range that he be able to fully strip armor and with the augment slow enemies. The current base value of 20% makes that near impossible however. The rest is just band-aid augments. Nekros isn't the only one with that problem. I'm surprised no one has mentioned one of his bigger flaws that his Summon lists wipes if he dies making it very hard for him to recover from a death at higher levels.

i want his soul punch to do boosted damage and if it kills produce a shadow that functions like shadows of the dead. and souls survivor to cost less or perhaps grant some sort of buff on arrival to make it more worth the whole slot for it.

i want his terrify augment to also boost shadow speed when using terrify so it's a neat thing of like slowing the enemy and your shadows overtaking them. that's the idea anyways.

i'd like hp orbs to auto apply to shadows and not just when you'reusing arcane pulse. that way you can keep "feeding" your shadows as you kill enemies.

there's my nekros bits. i posted stuff like this in feedback a while back i think. though might repost later. this is just for bulS#&$ting purposes with people.

OP, here is the short answer to your question;

what youre saying is mostly correct, but the reason why is scaling. nekros' 1 doesnt *scale* very well.

there are various frame abilities in the game which are fine against lv15 enemies but much beyond that, suck hard. due to scaling. thats all. no mystery here. granted, not every frame ability is likely intended to be some kinda super duper win button, either, so, YMMV.

when you need high quantities of fvck-you levels of dmg, we all know the usual suspects.. saryn, mesa, this, that.. youre free to use them as well. just the way it is.

its like if you want a fast car.. well, you COULD go get a <whatever> but if you wanna be fast, then your only option is to get a sports car. way it is, my dude.

20 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

yea they need remake nekcros's soul punch which they need rename it better then that I was hoping that would fit his theme but no it was terrible for it feel like he just do it trying send garbage out the room quick as possible which its useless but its only for $##t and giggles for press 1 watch raining ragdolls yet I am not impress of his 1 ability.  The only 1 that is useful ability is his altered version of this mod

latest?cb=20180329122627

But that is even more useless for I tested for it didn't say "How much energy will to be consumed" its freaking eat it ALL I MEAN ALL OF IT!  I only would use despoil with this because your are going get lots players back up and watching them dieing again.  The mod is only for $##t and giggles as well again and I barely used this mod unless I feel like doing it like Payday gang telling my teammate a far to say "Get da ###k up" and watching them dieing again on the floor as I trolling them by punching more on their existing bodies as the bombarder just repeatedly killing them🤣 to come think about it this is really really a trolling ability because there is funny loop hole while the with it pretty much grineer is grieving your teammate ...naw you have to be there to get it what it means but I find that soul survivor is a troll for you have to do it in boss fight in low level. Don't do anything helping the killing the boss just wait for them go down then just punch them back up and watch them get bombarded by the boss again then you'll know what I mean.

Anyway I think they need start changing not only nekcros's 1 ability also the Soul Survivor which I find it trolling because 30% of hp recover when I could of stay 0 upgrade and watching my teammate dieing because they only have 15% hp left, I don't know why the dev put that much they would of buff it instead of do nothing of the mod because it is really trolly for think about it we go Jackle boss and you have a group of noobs who isn't full upgrade and stuck with weakest weapon and your playing as nekcros high ranking player and going back with that and watching the noobs dieing and only giving 15% hp pretty much they still end up dieing and you don't want lift a finger to kill the jackle.  Pretty much this mod is pretty much a bully trolling mod for its worthless to have.  At the time being I don't understand why the dev made this mod to think players is going heal their own teammate for that and really use this mod, no my answer is just really true this mod is just meant to bully low level players because I tested and tried it for few days and it seems that it is used for just bully for the weaker players and no thank you no more for they either need buff this mod so other pro players won't grief new players, at least don't give 30% hp all the time.

Zenurik.  Problem mitigated.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Zenurik.  Problem mitigated.

then your a dolt, look the info and tell me this isn't a bully mod

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Survivor

if I leave not upgraded and just use it on the noob who hp could be around 200-300 pretty much 15% of that is really really low and healing him that much and force him fight the Jackle by himself yea its a bully mod because you don't want to do anything and your just watching the noob get beat up.  I don't know why the dev made a trolling mod that used for bullying, is it because they are bored and say "I have no clue lets just slap it anyway" :clap:

I had a anonymous person for he actually used this mod just to troll ppl when they ask "I need hand, rez me plz, someone plz get me up" pretty much he used neckros just punch the guy on the floor and only end up with 15% hp and realized a rocket coming down and back on the floor while nekcros teabag the that guy.  I think the dev need to rework that mod and also rework on neckros's soul punch because it is only there for $##t and giggles.

1 hour ago, ChaoticEdge said:

then your a dolt, look the info and tell me this isn't a bully mod

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Soul_Survivor

if I leave not upgraded and just use it on the noob who hp could be around 200-300 pretty much 15% of that is really really low and healing him that much and force him fight the Jackle by himself yea its a bully mod because you don't want to do anything and your just watching the noob get beat up.  I don't know why the dev made a trolling mod that used for bullying, is it because they are bored and say "I have no clue lets just slap it anyway" :clap:

I had a anonymous person for he actually used this mod just to troll ppl when they ask "I need hand, rez me plz, someone plz get me up" pretty much he used neckros just punch the guy on the floor and only end up with 15% hp and realized a rocket coming down and back on the floor while nekcros teabag the that guy.  I think the dev need to rework that mod and also rework on neckros's soul punch because it is only there for $##t and giggles.

Dolt?  You could Zenurik to replenish energy.  You could carry maxxed arcanes for their insta-revives.

Is it an obvious a waste of a slot if you are beyond beginner?  Yes.

Am I the one who went all-in with an energy-consuming e-diatribe on making it viable?  No.

lulz.  Dolt, indeed.

13 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Dolt?  You could Zenurik to replenish energy.  You could carry maxxed arcanes for their insta-revives.

Is it an obvious a waste of a slot if you are beyond beginner?  Yes.

Am I the one who went all-in with an energy-consuming e-diatribe on making it viable?  No.

lulz.  Dolt, indeed.

your the dolt basically, I don't need use arcane, when it come players who want to troll they used this mod and don't give players to fully heal, rule setting for bully mods.  You aren't listening about when I said Soul Survivor is a bully mod weren't you dolt?