Almighty_Jado

Official LEGION OF TAU Weapon Concept Contest- with grand prize! WINNERS ANNOUNCED.

54 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Well, I know who would win if this was my contest. Then again, you just can't be beaten with the descriptions.

Bah, nonesense, you folks didn't get your own portfolio views by charity and mentions.

Last day to submit entries! Best of luck! And thank you to everyone who has participated so far.

Unnamed_Sentient_Dao.png

Name: Caelum (Latin for sky)

Type: Sword

Attack speed: 1.0

Channeling Damage: 1.5X

Crit: 20%

Crit Damage: 2.2X

Damage: 110 (70 slash, 30 puncture and 10 impact)

Special: This weapon gains 100% flat crit chance (applied after any other crit, effectively upgrading the crit level) on any attack launched from the air. It also enables automatic gliding and enemy magnetism when using aerial attacks, effectively keeping you airborne and moving towards a target, so long as they're also above the ground. Glide duration and bullet jump resets on kill. Charge attacks play a special animation and fire a projectile that deals no damage, but suspends enemies a few meters above the ground. Slam attacks produce a similar effect in the (fairly small) slam radius. Lastly, wall attacks dash right to a target, instead of a set distance.

During the old war, there were many Sentients in command of many aspects of battle. Atmospheric flight is a different beast to space combat, and a small but wily sentient had mastered it in her fragments. Though few in number, the handful of squadrons cut swathes through Grineer and Dax lines, even able to target and destroy Tenno without casualty. All save one - a Tenno that seemed to have mastered the winds more so even than the Sentient, striking not with gun but with blade. One by one, the fragments were destroyed and the mind rooted out. And as the Sentient watched the Tenno raise the weapon that had conquered her flesh so many times, she felt respect for this Warrior and her Kin. This Sentient's last thoughts were this respect, so as the blade plunged into her core, her dying essence fused with the weapon, granting it mastery in the air. It was later replicated, and given only to those few Tenno who truly could move free of Gravity's clutches.

Posted (edited)

Contest is now CLOSED! Great job everyone who submitted an idea. Winner should be announced soon after my judges and I have a chance to look over all the entries.

Cheers!

Edited by Almighty_Jado

16 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Contest is now CLOSED! Great job everyone who submitted an idea. Winner should be announced soon after my judges and I have a chance to look over all the entries.

Cheers!

''I'm verry exited now. The anticipation...''

How's it lookin suh?

2 hours ago, Unus said:

How's it lookin suh?

Honestly I’ve got a super busy week ahead (mostly due to an exam this coming weekend), and combined with a few other real life events, I’m behind in the judging. It’ll probably be another week until the winners are announced. Sorry to everyone!

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Honestly I’ve got a super busy week ahead (mostly due to an exam this coming weekend), and combined with a few other real life events, I’m behind in the judging. It’ll probably be another week until the winners are announced. Sorry to everyone!

Agh, dem it. Annoying to hear, but, content that an announcement proper now exists. See you on the  13th then suh.

Am 6.8.2019 um 19:37 schrieb Almighty_Jado:

Looking forward to it.
Take your time: 🙂

Sorry for the prolonged wait! At this point I’m at the mercy of my 3 impartial judges who are taking their time to judge all the submissions.

I figured they’d be done by now, but they lead busy lives as well. I promise I’ll keep posting status updates here until the winners are announced.

15 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sorry for the prolonged wait! At this point I’m at the mercy of my 3 impartial judges who are taking their time to judge all the submissions.

I figured they’d be done by now, but they lead busy lives as well. I promise I’ll keep posting status updates here until the winners are announced.

Roger dodger suh! Aside from pokeing them a bit, can't exactly do much to accelerate other people's lives! Thank you for the in-the-loop announcement.

How’s everyone doing? I hope well. Anyone still waiting to get their Umbra Statue? I know I am. Been waiting for months!

Believe me I know what it’s like to wait! So keep on waiting my dudes, we’ll get those winners picked and published soon! 

2 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

How’s everyone doing? I hope well. Anyone still waiting to get their Umbra Statue? I know I am. Been waiting for months!

Believe me I know what it’s like to wait! So keep on waiting my dudes, we’ll get those winners picked and published soon! 

Think so suh, just need to have another popularity poll alongside a tiebreaker vote in order to continue my creative journey. Good listing so far.

Ah, my heart goes out to you. Warframe merchandise is rare enough as it is. To be told it's coming, then be stuck for a month with it, ''tis a real singer there.

Fingers crossed suh. Hopefully they still maintain contact with ya.

We’re almost done! Victors from each category have been selected, now we decide on an overall GRAND PRIZE winner!

Soon™️

👀

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

We’re almost done! Victors from each category have been selected, now we decide on an overall GRAND PRIZE winner!

Soon™️

👀

Giddy with anticipation suh! Win or lose, one of the funnest parts of designing is hearing from others about yours and their work in equal measure.

Sorry again about the wait, fellas. Just posting another update here.

Waiting for the very last judge to input their thoughts, and with that we will have a grand prize winner!

Once more, thanks everyone for the patience and participation.

28 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Sorry again about the wait, fellas. Just posting another update here.

Waiting for the very last judge to input their thoughts, and with that we will have a grand prize winner!

Once more, thanks everyone for the patience and participation.

Your welcome! At this point, the fault is most certainly not your own and everything to do with the foot-dragger.

Any Intel on the cause suh?

15 hours ago, Unus said:

Your welcome! At this point, the fault is most certainly not your own and everything to do with the foot-dragger.

Any Intel on the cause suh?

Exam time for him, so his free time is stretched thin. So not really them being lazy, more them being busy.

3 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Exam time for him, so his free time is stretched thin. So not really them being lazy, more them being busy.

It happens, everyone pulls a ''I've got plenty of time to prepare, but I am gonna forget about it and prepare on precisely the last day I can'' at least once in their lives.

13 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Understood! The shackles that most successful folks can't escape (kinda liked mine though. . .).

Edited by Unus

For the record, I am in fact extremely lazy.

But this time around I did spend two weeks studying for the exams, and they were terrifying.

Edited by TheFafalStudios

Alright folks! Let's keep this short and sweet... there's winners to be announced!

Once again, thank you to everyone who participated and for waiting patiently. I'd also like to take a moment to introduce and thank my impartial judges, @Vosenedich, @Rozencratz and @TheFafalStudios! Without them I wouldn't have been able to fairly judge all the entries!

Now, for the winners!

In fourth place we have @DrMegavolt with their entry for the Corpus melee weapon- the Indominex Heavy Blade!

In third place is @Loza03's entry for the Tenno Primary- the Vikasati Semi-Automatic Rifle!

In second place is @DarkRuler2500 and the Blastoma Burst Pistol!

And last but not least, the first place entry and grand prize winner...
@RevanGarcia with their entry for the Sentient Melee weapon- the Wudian Machete!

Thank you once again everyone for participation- and don't feel bad if you didn't win. There were a lot of great entries from many creative minds. It wasn't easy for the judges to make up their minds!

Note to all contest winners: your original designs may be altered slightly when incorporated into the main Legion of Tau thread. You will still be credited properly despite some variation to your submission.

• Woah 1

4 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Alright folks! Let's keep this short and sweet... there's winners to be announced!

Once again, thank you to everyone who participated and for waiting patiently. I'd also like to take a moment to introduce and thank my impartial judges, @Vosenedich, @Rozencratz and @TheFafalStudios! Without them I wouldn't have been able to fairly judge all the entries!

Now, for the winners!

In fourth place we have @DrMegavolt with their entry for the Corpus melee weapon- the Indominex Heavy Blade!

In third place is @Loza03's entry for the Tenno Primary- the Vikasati Semi-Automatic Rifle!

In second place is @DarkRuler2500 and the Blastoma Burst Pistol!

And last but not least, the first place entry and grand prize winner...
@RevanGarcia with their entry for the Sentient Melee weapon- the Wudian Machete!

Thank you once again everyone for participation- and don't feel bad if you didn't win. There were a lot of great entries from many creative minds. It wasn't easy for the judges to make up their minds!

Note to all contest winners: your original designs may be altered slightly when incorporated into the main Legion of Tau thread. You will still be credited properly despite some variation to your submission.

And there we go! Congratulations folks!

Somewhat saddened that my own work was most certainly not worthy of even gracing the board, would love to hear the reasons why. All the same, congrats one and all! Enjoy your riches and keep on designing!

Edited by Unus
Giving it some thought, it may also be because I'm most certainly NOT an "up-and-coming" designer.
  • Like 1

I knew I should have buttered up the main judge by inserting one of their OCs in the lore segment.

• Satisfied 1