Sdric

"Do X Sorties"-mission are frustrating when you're being blocked out of them by the riven limit, at least allow us to keep unrolled rivens and don't count them towards the limit / don't lock players out of sorties.

Posted (edited)
90 riven limit has been here for YEARS, while more and more weapons got added (even the whole Archgun category!) without DE tackling the issue.
Locking players out of Sorties and THEN adding quests forcing them to sell or scrap rivens players would like to do or otherwise miss out on Nightwave rewards adds insult to injury.
Yes, we know - loading too many rivens messes with load times, but hell - why not do a page-system with limited results per page (like any online shop does)? Or splitt rivens like you splitt primary, melee, secondary and archguns.
People are literally willing to throw money at you for this, instead you introduced quests that feel like middle fingers pointed at veterans and players who like collecting / experimenting / playstyle variety!
Please DE, this has been requested for years - and instead of making better you made it worse by tying quests to it that punish those players. At least introduce a workaround to do these quests!
Edited by Sdric
  • Like 2

Just now, Sdric said:

90 riven limit has been here for YEARS

It hasn't. It has been like this for under two years. It was increased from 60 to 90 on August 30, 2017. 

2 minutes ago, Sdric said:

Locking players out of Sorties and THEN adding quests forcing them to sell or scrap rivens players would like to do or otherwise miss out on Nightwave rewards adds insult to injury.

I just think DE needs to remove the restriction altogether. Completely irrespective of Nightwave. Make it so you get given Endo instead of the riven if you are over capacity.

I do have to ask: are you aware that you still have another week of challenges for this? It finishes July 5th at 11:59 PM ET. You not being able to do the Sorties challenge should not prevent you from getting to rank 15. I am currently 5k points away from rank 15 - I have not done two of the weeklies for this week, or the remainder of the dailies. Next week's challenges are completely irrelevant for me.

• Like 3

It's not only an issue with this Nightwave alone, it's an issue with all Nightwave - and as those quests reoccur the "lost" standing adds up.

3 minutes ago, Sdric said:

It's not only an issue with this Nightwave alone, it's an issue with all Nightwave - and as those quests reoccur the "lost" standing adds up.

Nightwave is set up so that you don't need 100% every week to get tier 30 and beyond.  That's held true for Series 1 and the Intermission, with DE saying they're maintaining that goal for Series 2 and beyond.

I get not liking your progress being stifled but it's not game breaking.  It's simply a consequence to having 90 Rivens and not be willing to either trade 1 to a trust person so you can run the Sortie, or drop 1 for an item you honestly don't use often enough to keep a Riven for. 

• Like 2
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
vor 24 Minuten schrieb Sdric:

Yes, we know - loading too many rivens messes with load times, but hell - why not do a page-system with limited results per page (like any online shop does)? Or splitt rivens like you splitt primary, melee, secondary and archguns.

That's not the technical reason why rivens are limited. Please be more careful in resarching your sources and stop spreading halfknowledge.

Also, since when are you locked ot from doing sorties, when you are are max rivens? he last time this happend to me, I was able to play the sortie without any issue and when I got a riven, that pushed me over hte max, I was redirected to the rivenmenu, to clean up.

Edited by Walkampf
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sdric said:

otherwise miss out on Nightwave rewards adds insult to injury.

Oh well, there you go. Your mistake is simple.

You don't need to miss out on ANY Nightwave rewards by not doing the 3 Sorties.

Seriously. We have still 10 days or so and I'm 11000 points away from the last reward. And I haven't done the Sorties. I haven't even finished the 8 Mods. And I didn't do the dailies for three days.

Skipping the 3 sorties is super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

So, if it annoys you, ignore it. Really. It is as simple as that. This compulsive - and incorrect - attitude that a player needs to do EVERYTHING in order to get the rewards is merely going to burn you out.

I mean, the Riven limit is annoying, for sure. DE has explained why it is there. If you accept their explanation, then you know that there is a chance that database upgrades will improve the situation, and that there will never be any chance of you keeping infinite rivens. If you think that DE are lying in order to spite you, then you must conclude that they will read this thread and laugh heartily at their evilness.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

25 minutes ago, Sdric said:

In series one, you needed around 60% of the available points assuming you never found any Fugitives. Not being able to do the Sorties then wasn't an issue either. As far as I am aware, DE never intends to make it so you need every single Nightwave mission done to reach max rank.

I agree that locking people out of Sorties due to rivens is a poor choice. Why not just give people something instead of the riven they were going to get. It could be a small amount Endo, Kuva or Credits. Your point is perfectly valid, your argument is not. Not doing Sorties will not cost you Nightwave rewards - it might effect your prestige rank, but if all you are getting is NW Creds, does that really matter?

• Like 3

Just now, krc473 said:

I agree that locking people out of Sorties due to rivens is a poor choice. Why not just give people something instead of the riven they were going to get. It could be a small amount Endo, Kuva or Credits. 

If we are real, people like to complain.
So even if they got something else for the riven, they would still complain.

One could argue, as it is done in this thread, that the limit is the problem.
But we could also argue that the people are the problem. If they really really really wanted to play sorties, then they would sell one of their rivens. If they can't let go of ONE riven, then they have a real problem, that has nothing to do with not being able to play sorties...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

If they really really really wanted to play sorties, then they would sell one of their rivens. If they can't let go of ONE riven, then they have a real problem, that has nothing to do with not being able to play sorties...

I guess you are missing what is actually happening. Many people are not just one riven over. Having 91 rivens does not stop you from getting more from alerts and gifts from DE. So, people can have 110 rivens for example. Would you delete 20 of your rivens to do Sorties? Yes, you can argue that people do not need that many rivens. But realistically, that is just an excuse. Do you need 1000 Ammo Drum mods? I have more than that, and I have no intention of deleting any even though I have no use at all for that many. The same could be applied to many things.

• You are really oversimplifying this aspect.
4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yes, but this is to allow them to do Sorties without getting rid of their rivens or DE increasing the cap. You are correct of course, people would say it was unfair, or too few of whatever the thing was. But I do think DE needs to do something that will allow people to do Sorties when they exceed the riven cap. The players can then just accept it or complain. Why even attempt to do something that everyone will be happy with? It is an unrealistic goal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

I guess you are missing what is actually happening. Many people are not just one riven over. Having 91 rivens does not stop you from getting more from alerts and gifts from DE. So, people can have 110 rivens for example. Would you delete 20 of your rivens to do Sorties? Yes, you can argue that people do not need that many rivens. But realistically, that is just an excuse. Do you need 1000 Ammo Drum mods? I have more than that, and I have no intention of deleting any even though I have no use at all for that many. The same could be applied to many things.

Again: That's on the people. They know about the limit, but they don't want to work within the limit.

I really don't care about the limit, or about DE probably raising it. But even if the limit was higher, we would only get a few weeks without this kind of thread, because again, people don't want to work within the limit. They always want to exceed it.
And people want to complain about stuff. So there is almost nothing DE can do, because people will always find something to cry about.

And it isn't as if the limit just appeared today. Everyone that reaches the riven limit knows very well about it. It's pretty easy to not get to 90 rivens, but people don't care to think about what they are doing. But suddenly their doing has consequences. And now the system is at fault, but not the players that closed their eyes for so long...

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

If we are real, people like to complain.

One could argue, as it is done in this thread, that the limit is the problem.
But we could also argue that the people are the problem. If they really really really wanted to play sorties, then they would sell one of their rivens. If they can't let go of ONE riven, then they have a real problem, that has nothing to do with not being able to play sorties...

It's not one riven. It's one riven EACH TIME you get a new one. Ultimately you'll frequently have to sacrifice rivens in order to be able to do these quests.

Zitat

You don't need to miss out on ANY Nightwave rewards by not doing the 3 Sorties.

Players might have have the time to do all others and one quest type might repeat itself during Nightwaves. AS you have to finish ALL current Nightwaves to get access to past ones in the upcoming system this will literally lock you out of the ability to play Nightwaves from a former week completely crushing the functionality of the redesigned system unless you sacrifice a reiven whenever you get a new one.

• Haha 1

And why don't you simply respect the Riven Limit ?

It's your own fault you're locked out of Sorties. That's not like you didn't know what you were doing. You are PURPOSELY above the limit.

Stop asking for DE to lift restriction when you can't restrict yourself. You're the kind of player who will hoard 2 billion Rivens as soon as the limit is lifted for literally no reason.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

You're the kind of player who will hoard 2 billion Rivens as soon as the limit is lifted for literally no reason.

And complain that DE is purposefully stopping them from getting Nightwave rewards as soon as they hit the 2-billionth-and-first Riven.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I really don't care about the limit, or about DE probably raising it. But even if the limit was higher, we would only get a few weeks without this kind of thread, because again, people don't want to work within the limit. They always want to exceed it.
And people want to complain about stuff. So there is almost nothing DE can do, because people will always find something to cry about..

I fully agree with this.
People will just always complain about the limits, no matter what they are.

DE could give us enough slots to have 2 rivens for every single weapon in the game...and I will bet my last dollar that people like OP will be complaining that there aren't enough slots because they'll hit the cap and then start yelling about it again.

There really isn't anything DE can do about this that wouldn't have rather bad consequences elsewhere and these people would just complain about those consequences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sdric said:

It's not one riven. It's one riven EACH TIME you get a new one. Ultimately you'll frequently have to sacrifice rivens in order to be able to do these quests.

Yes. Congratulations, you have figured out how an "upper limit" works. Once you are under limit you'll be fine, but whenever you exceed it, you need to take action to reduce whatever it is to acceptable levels again. 

🏆 Here's your trophy for figuring it out all on your own. 

Now, go out there and practice it, by dumping a couple of your unused rivens that you really don't care about and running a few sorties to see if you can get a few more. Good luck. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1