[DE]Bear

Third-Party Software and You - A PSA

Question

Greetings, Tenno.

We have seen a few requests lately, specifically requesting that we provide a list of software that we do and do not allow to run in conjunction with Warframe. While it is understood that some software is good and others are inherently bad or designed to assist cheating, there are some cases where software falls in gray areas.

The reason for this post is to have an updated reference about our policy on external, third-party software, and the potential pitfalls of using such software in conjunction with Warframe.

The simple, golden rule is this;

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

While we could technically issue blanket bans on everything that alters the game files, the fact of the matter is that there's some software that can be useful and helpful for members of our community. This is where context is very important. The difficulty here is that it's incredibly hard for players to prove that they are not using a program nefariously, and while it is certainly possible that there are false positives (which a ticket to support can resolve), the ban will remain in place until your ticket can be processed.

This leads into why a list is not provided. If you have a piece of Macro software that is normally tolerated, but is then discovered to be the source of a future exploit, that software may get added to a ban list, and you could potentially be caught up in the automatic drag net. As stated above, there is no easy way to prove that the software used is benign.

Bans for altering game files, cheating and / or exploiting Warframe are hefty and final. Our stance on using such software is firm, and appealing against that ban is very difficult if we have reason to believe that you have been using said software for cheating, exploiting, or AFK farming.

The only way you can reliably, 100% avoid a ban for using external software is to simply not use it. 

Again, if you take anything away from this post, it should be this;

If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk.

• Like 20
  • Haha 5
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 12
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 7

As many have pointed out, most "gaming" keyboards and mice come with software that has macro functionality and is also necessary to manage the devices' full functionality. This includes Logitech G HUB, Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine and Corsair iCUE. You simply cannot reasonably require users to not have this software installed in order to play the game without risking a ban.

As it so happens, I do use the macro functionality of my first-party mouse software to simplify sending a complex series of inputs. Some examples of things that are possible with this functionality:

• Toggle sending mouse clicks repeatedly on button press or while button is held.
  • Send Ctrl+E with a single button press, or toggle sending Ctrl+E repeatedly on button press or while button is held.
  • Automatically dial down my DPI setting while aiming.
  • Send a series of inputs for parkour maneuvers (e.g. bullet jump, double jump, roll, jump kick until release)
  • Send a series of inputs to switch to operator mode on press, then void dash and switch out of operator mode on release.

And yet, while doing any of the above, I would still be in complete control of my character. Every input would be one I consciously chose to send, so why should it matter how it was sent? The idea that gameplay mechanics are balanced by physical ability to send the inputs (thus putting DE in the position of enforcing "performance enhancement" like it's the Olympics) is absurd. If it's actually a problem, then put fire rate caps and such in the game code instead of issuing vague ban threats.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

As many have pointed out, most "gaming" keyboards and mice come with software that has macro functionality and is also necessary to manage the devices' full functionality. This includes Logitech G HUB, Razer Synapse, SteelSeries Engine and Corsair iCUE. You simply cannot reasonably require users to not have this software installed in order to play the game without risking a ban.

As it so happens, I do use the macro functionality of my first-party mouse software to simplify sending a complex series of inputs. Some examples of things that are possible with this functionality:

• Toggle sending mouse clicks repeatedly on button press or while button is held.
  • Send Ctrl+E with a single button press, or toggle sending Ctrl+E repeatedly on button press or while button is held.
  • Automatically dial down my DPI setting while aiming.
  • Send a series of inputs for parkour maneuvers (e.g. bullet jump, double jump, roll, jump kick until release)
  • Send a series of inputs to switch to operator mode on press, then void dash and switch out of operator mode on release.

And yet, while doing any of the above, I would still be in complete control of my character. Every input would be one I consciously chose to send, so why should it matter how it was sent? The idea that gameplay mechanics are balanced by physical ability to send the inputs (thus putting DE in the position of enforcing "performance enhancement" like it's the Olympics) is absurd. If it's actually a problem, then put fire rate caps and such in the game code instead of issuing vague ban threats.

I use Logitech, Razer and Asus keyboard/mouse/sound software on different computers and I do not live in constant fear of being banned. In fact, if I were to be banned simply by having such product-related software running on my computer, I would be very and seriously p*ssed off. But there are a lot of other software around, some of which can and have been used "nefariously". And some commercial software is in the grey zone, Asus "audio radar" is afaik prohibited in some shooters while being a software you get together with hardware.

However, I would never use a macro as an "on/off" button for key or mouse presses. Then I would live in constant fear of a ban. I have no idea what the DE policy is, exactly, but to me this would be "automating" something that is "manual" in the game, thus changing it. But it depends on the context, if you stand with your face against a wall and turn your button auto-spam "on" it actually does nothing. But if it changes a semi-auto weapon into full-auto (in practical terms), or introduces a full-auto melee weapon into the game, then you probably would (and should) be in trouble.

I see it a bit like "gun laws". You can legally own a gun, you can legally use it on a range, or for hunting, but killing people or using it in a way that risks other peoples life is still illegal (and punishable). So is (in most countries) changing the function of a gun. From semi to full auto, for instance, or adding a silencer. One really would have to be a complete idiot to claim that just by having the tools necessary to re-engineer a gun in this way it is legal to do so. The gun itself is legal, so is owning it, and so is owning the tools in your garage, and using them. But applying the tools to change the gun is still illegal (and punishable). Personally, I don't find these concepts all that hard to grasp (and to apply to WF) …

And btw, if one would illegally change a semi-automatic gun to function as an automatic it doesn't become legal even if the RoF of the automated version is lower than the original. How hard is it to logically/rationally apply that to key/mouse presses...?

If it should be legal or not is a completely different and separate discussion (from what actually is legal).

And finally, I am not really interested in being cornered into acting like some sort of DE defender (I don't even think they need one). Neither do I care what anyone does or doesn't do, macro-wise. But there have been cases where players have been burned (= banned) by depending on opinions on different forums, I posted here simply because IMHO it isn't that hard to understand or stay within the rules. And as DE makes abundantly clear, "better safe than sorry".

Edited by Graavarg

18 hours ago, Graavarg said:

I see it a bit like "gun laws". You can legally own a gun, you can legally use it on a range, or for hunting, but killing people or using it in a way that risks other peoples life is still illegal (and punishable). So is (in most countries) changing the function of a gun. From semi to full auto, for instance, or adding a silencer. One really would have to be a complete idiot to claim that just by having the tools necessary to re-engineer a gun in this way it is legal to do so. The gun itself is legal, so is owning it, and so is owning the tools in your garage, and using them. But applying the tools to change the gun is still illegal (and punishable). Personally, I don't find these concepts all that hard to grasp (and to apply to WF) …

And btw, if one would illegally change a semi-automatic gun to function as an automatic it doesn't become legal even if the RoF of the automated version is lower than the original. How hard is it to logically/rationally apply that to key/mouse presses...?

If it should be legal or not is a completely different and separate discussion (from what actually is legal).

The reasons for gun laws have to do with guns being devices that can permanently kill actual, innocent people in real life, and are not at all applicable to Warframe, the video game with fake people and guns that are only in combat situations and friendly fire doesn't exist. Laws against converting semi-autos to full-autos in particular also generally are part of laws against owning full-autos at all and are not about modification of guns in general. You are free to take a full-auto and convert it to a semi-auto if you really want to (and I bet I can make a macro that does that too).

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2019‎-‎07‎-‎29 at 8:56 AM, pebblepossum said:

The reasons for gun laws have to do with guns being devices that can permanently kill actual, innocent people in real life, and are not at all applicable to Warframe, the video game with fake people and guns that are only in combat situations and friendly fire doesn't exist. Laws against converting semi-autos to full-autos in particular also generally are part of laws against owning full-autos at all and are not about modification of guns in general.

You are free to take a full-auto and convert it to a semi-auto if you really want to (and I bet I can make a macro that does that too).

Really?

Since you seems to have missed the point, I'll be kind enough to point it out: this was about being able to understand laws/rules in general and to understand how to apply them (since DE's rules against cheating seems unclear to some), not about comparing real guns with Warframe guns. The same general comparison could just as well be made with laws/rules/regulations about cars, motorcycles, electrical appliances etc. etc. etc. 

I don't think DE would mind if you made a macro (button) that sent a single mouse press, so that you can shoot your automatic as a semi. Since this doesn't add or change anything in the game, as you can do exactly the same thing by tapping the RMB...

Posted (edited)

What's clear to me is the fact that people will not simply stop using essential software related with their mouse/keyboard, because this is what we are paying for. Apps like Synapse for example are required for the products to fully function - even upon closing the app, I am still left with around 5 synapse related processes, running in the background.

You should treat this post as one that supersedes previous statements made on the matter. This statement goes for all forms of third-party software, including macro programs. Again, the reason we do not issue blanket bans is because we do recognize the use these programs have for some members of the community. Sadly those same programs can be used for AFK farming and the like, so context is important here and is dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Ok, so context is important, which makes sense, I get it. 

It would be nice to know tho, if macros like these are going to get me in the trouble (I am not using any macros atm):

• Casting an ability while holding thumb mouse button - Atlas punch-build for example (the casting speed of this ability can not be increased in any way)

• Executing single crouch+melee (slide attack) on one button press.

?

Edited by -LB-Tanuki

On 2019-06-26 at 9:20 PM, [DE]Bear said:

This leads into why a list is not provided. If you have a piece of Macro software that is normally tolerated, but is then discovered to be the source of a future exploit, that software may get added to a ban list, and you could potentially be caught up in the automatic drag net.

Or the drag net could be designed intelligently and give a warning first. "Tenno, you are using Software X, which was previously allowed but is now forbidden. If you do not remove it before your next login, you will be banned. You will be automatically logged out in 15 minutes." Boom, that easy.

On 2019-07-30 at 10:14 AM, -LB-Tanuki said:

• Executing single crouch+melee (slide attack) on one button press.

Given the obnoxious amount of people who spam slide attacks nearly constantly in long games, either a noticeable portion of the playerbase has a pinky and an index as thick as their thumb, or they're using macros and not getting into any trouble for it. When DE says you use such things "at your own risk", I'd say the risk they're talking about is that of people who like playing the game ending up leaving the lobby. Although given the amount of people that use the main movement of the game, aka crouch+jump, it's easy to just dismiss something as people really liking to crush their left hand the legit way.

On 2019-06-26 at 9:29 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

By me if its not a Recording Program, Game Overlay like NVidia`s / Discords or plugin like Razer`s Chroma for the game interacting with the mouse/keyboard colors, it should be banned, including Macros as people still exploit them for shameful Spin2Win mechanics.

Spin2win arent fully atuo and doesnt play the game for you, and support has also said macro is ok as long it dosent play the game for u. 

On 2019-08-08 at 2:54 AM, Mackenzie said:

Spin2win arent fully atuo and doesnt play the game for you, and support has also said macro is ok as long it dosent play the game for u. 

Clearing hallways faster than almost anything else in the game by spamming a macro is not having the macro play the game for you? How is blatantly outperforming people with zero effort considered playing the game?

4 minutes ago, Basalto said:

Clearing hallways faster than almost anything else in the game by spamming a macro is not having the macro play the game for you? How is blatantly outperforming people with zero effort considered playing the game?

Because it's something you're still actively doing. You're still moving the mouse, still using movement keys, still jumping, etc.
A macro playing the game for you (which is not allowed) = switching it on and walking away while a macro handles the killing and possibly some movement with no actual user input at all.
And being out performed can happen in any game. Do you also complain when there's a Saryn using spores? An Equinox, Banshee or Gara nuking the map? Because that's almost no effort either. But it's still playing the game.

7 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Because it's something you're still actively doing. You're still moving the mouse, still using movement keys, still jumping, etc.
A macro playing the game for you (which is not allowed) = switching it on and walking away while a macro handles the killing and possibly some movement with no actual user input at all.
And being out performed can happen in any game. Do you also complain when there's a Saryn using spores? An Equinox, Banshee or Gara nuking the map? Because that's almost no effort either. But it's still playing the game.

What's the difference between using a slide attack macro and an aimbot, then? While aimbotting you still can play the game by moving the mouse, using movement keys, jumping and so on, it just handles the killing part for you, which coincidentally is exactly the function of a slide attack macro. You're also missing the point about being outperformed, since I specifically stated "outperforming people with zero effort". I can dedicate myself to making a fancy crit weapon build that requires aiming to get the intended results, just to have some random get Atterax or a Zaw, shove all meta mods in it and macro the slide attack until there's no tomorrow. Saryn spamming spores is annoying and the game's energy barely limits such things anymore, specially with Zenurik being a thing. Abilities start being these gameplay complements when the player starts the game, but gradually finds out that there are builds that make energy essentially anything but a worry. It's barely a shooter, since shooting is crippling yourself, and it's barely a coop game when people can have the combined power of 4 players and carry everyone. What's the fun in playing a game where the objective actually ends up being to play it the smallest amount possible? Obviously, there'll be a response like "your concept of fun is not the only one", but when I compare tapping 4 to clear a room with headshotting the crap out of everything in there while dodging shots, I can most certainly tell you which of the two is more engaging for a player that wants to play a game, and not Cookie Clicker.

3 minutes ago, Basalto said:

What's the difference between using a slide attack macro and an aimbot, then? While aimbotting you still can play the game by moving the mouse, using movement keys, jumping and so on, it just handles the killing part for you, which coincidentally is exactly the function of a slide attack macro. You're also missing the point about being outperformed, since I specifically stated "outperforming people with zero effort". I can dedicate myself to making a fancy crit weapon build that requires aiming to get the intended results, just to have some random get Atterax or a Zaw, shove all meta mods in it and macro the slide attack until there's no tomorrow. Saryn spamming spores is annoying and the game's energy barely limits such things anymore, specially with Zenurik being a thing. Abilities start being these gameplay complements when the player starts the game, but gradually finds out that there are builds that make energy essentially anything but a worry. It's barely a shooter, since shooting is crippling yourself, and it's barely a coop game when people can have the combined power of 4 players and carry everyone. What's the fun in playing a game where the objective actually ends up being to play it the smallest amount possible? Obviously, there'll be a response like "your concept of fun is not the only one", but when I compare tapping 4 to clear a room with headshotting the crap out of everything in there while dodging shots, I can most certainly tell you which of the two is more engaging for a player that wants to play a game, and not Cookie Clicker.

The difference would be that the aimbot is more aimed (for lack of a better term) at making the kills for you, where the slide macro is more about movement (which then also kills through a weapon, but still). I understand your comparison though. 
I didn't miss your point, look at my reply, I gave extremely low effort examples. Just like how a slide is very low effort.
Your concept of fun is not the only one indeed. With the level of grind though, it's understandable that a decent chunk of the player base just want to quickly get certain things done to get a certain type of loot, or to level a weapon, etc, leading to finding ways to kill as quickly as possible.
The main issue for you is, if you're not enjoying this, you may need to seek elsewhere to satisfy your gaming needs, because the game has been going in this direction for a long time and I see no change on the horizon. 

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-26 at 3:31 PM, Xydeth said:

this needs to be in letters at the size of 30. ive seen quite some people ask about macroing and spin2win on melee since its become a thing and i always shake my head how people can ruin their own fun by doing that, though this is opinion but it also is still a risc in any game, unless the game itself has such a feature included, of which i only remember 2-3 examples maximum.

personally i would even punish macroing since its enhancing player "ability" beyond whats really achievable by normal means but i guess thats my opinion only.

afterwards people still complain and whilst a support ticket might resolve it, it is still a risc people should really remember more than they seem to do.

thanks for the clarification. very helpful information for everyone, even if u dont post a detailed list of programs.

yeah some macros really ruin the games i played, and needed a lot of maintenance which departed from the games immersion and realism but it was the closest to modd posible back in the FFXI PS2 days gear switching in the middle of battle was RIDICULOUSLY EFFECTIVE, but like i like i said, i havent ran into anything weird in warframe other than my gun shooting it self at random when i use automatic guns and theres no way to turn it off so it feels like am being hacked by a thirdparty or ingame attempt which always pisses me off and takes the fun from the game, and there are other points in the game which i cant control, i cant blame my software or hardware particularly i bought a new controllere and getting the same problems, maybe its my keyboard may its real also while am on the foroms, i havent seen a good fix for barook's enemies yet against his 1 ability, so they just stand there shooting when his 1 is active, it makes him look really overpowered, i hope his prime and rework comes out soon, really enjoyable warframe though.

Edited by SnakeBadger

4 hours ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The difference would be that the aimbot is more aimed (for lack of a better term) at making the kills for you, where the slide macro is more about movement (which then also kills through a weapon, but still). I understand your comparison though. 
I didn't miss your point, look at my reply, I gave extremely low effort examples. Just like how a slide is very low effort.
Your concept of fun is not the only one indeed. With the level of grind though, it's understandable that a decent chunk of the player base just want to quickly get certain things done to get a certain type of loot, or to level a weapon, etc, leading to finding ways to kill as quickly as possible.
The main issue for you is, if you're not enjoying this, you may need to seek elsewhere to satisfy your gaming needs, because the game has been going in this direction for a long time and I see no change on the horizon. 

Solution: make the game entertaining instead of braindead. The grind on an entertaining game is immensely less noticeable than the one on a game where the gameplay is often dumbed down and encourages people to use macros to combat the boredom of the gameplay. You also did miss the point about the effort, as you yourself made no effort to mention the "zero effort" part, just that being outperformed is a thing, which isn't nearly as much of a revelation as it sounded there. Saryn at least requires some degree of shooting on the spores, and Equinox builds the nuke by killing enemies. Slide attack macros are simply holding W, which the player will already be doing for the majority of the game, and spamming the macro key. It's the most annoying of the bunch partially due to the cheating nature and partially due to how it's abusing the game's incoherent design. I wouldn't find it particularly hard to understand that the saying should be "Warframe is fun" and not "Warframe is grind"; it's a given for pretty much any game that wants to call itself a game, and the major reason games are still a thing. We don't classify games as jobs or chores, but hobbies and entertainment, yet with the game's current design, it's anything but. There's no proper scaling, TTK is absurdly binary, difficulty is achieved by increasing damage and EHP on a dumb AI, the RPG elements that actually matter are left unused and the modding system is a complete S#&$storm of "if you don't go full damage, you're a moron". Lastly, the idea of "don't like it, stop playing" is and will always be one of the most painfully ignorant statements people can make in regards to criticism. By all means, use "but I find it fun" or some other personal disagreement thing, I don't care, but this idea of shooing people away because they don't like something is, in one word, awful. How would you feel if you had genuine criticism about something with the complete intention to see it become better, voiced it and some random person just went "go away"? Doesn't matter how nicely you word that kind of thing, it's still beyond rude and ignorant.

3 hours ago, Basalto said:

<snip>
How would you feel if you had genuine criticism about something with the complete intention to see it become better, voiced it and some random person just went "go away"?

I've had genuine criticism for the almost 6 years that I've been playing, but DE has indirectly said "go away" to so many criticisms from so many people, that I've simply given up. Regardless, I'm still hooked to the game. But it kind of sounds like you're not. 

On 2019-08-07 at 4:27 PM, Basalto said:

Given the obnoxious amount of people who spam slide attacks nearly constantly in long games, either a noticeable portion of the playerbase has a pinky and an index as thick as their thumb, or they're using macros and not getting into any trouble for it. When DE says you use such things "at your own risk", I'd say the risk they're talking about is that of people who like playing the game ending up leaving the lobby. Although given the amount of people that use the main movement of the game, aka crouch+jump, it's easy to just dismiss something as people really liking to crush their left hand the legit way.

You know that the keybinds are remappable in-game, right? Here's what happens if DE caves to your demands and decides any more than 1 input sent per button press is "cheating": I map crouch to one of the thumb buttons on my mouse, quick melee to the other, and I press both.

Posted (edited)

Just stop and think about it all for a few seconds.

If you program your computer to send inputs to a game that are intended to come from real physical handling of keyboard/mouse/etc, you ARE automating stuff. Having a machine doing things you otherwise have to do manually is pretty close to the basic meaning of the word "automation".

"Automation" (from dictionary.com):

• the technique, method, or system of operating or controlling a process by highly automatic means, as by electronic devices, reducing human intervention to a minimum.
  • a mechanical device, operated electronically, that functions automatically, without continuous input from an operator.

A macro-driven spin2win is thus clearly "automating playing the game", if the macro feeds melee-strikes & slides etc. to the game while you steer your spinbot around. And by "clearly" I mean that you have to be a moron to "not get it". 

Such macros are, of course, not needed for anything. If you use them while soloing or with friends, that is one thing. But using such macros in random squads easily pisses other players off, and in addition doing so says something about you ("look at my kill stats, ain't I wonderful"). To some players it even feels like cheating (because it does get reported). Pissed off players ("bad gaming experience" or "others are cheating") impacts the game owner/developer, because some of them stop playing. So DE do care, and do enforce bans.

If you want to use your macros, fine. But don't complain if a ban drops from above, because there is nothing "unclear" about if they are allowed or not.

And do you REALLY think 99.9% of the "player base" cares if a spin2win/"Moulinex blender in action" gets banned? My guess would be that they cheer instead...

Edited by Graavarg

14 hours ago, Graavarg said:

If you program your computer to send inputs to a game that are intended to come from real physical handling of keyboard/mouse/etc, you ARE automating stuff.

Better uninstall your drivers then...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pebblepossum said:

Better uninstall your drivers then...

If you have drivers sending input on their own I would suggest some urgent upgrading/patching/replacement... (you know what drivers for input peripherals actually do, right?)

On 2019-08-13 at 6:34 PM, Graavarg said:

If you have drivers sending input on their own I would suggest some urgent upgrading/patching/replacement... (you know what drivers for input peripherals actually do, right?)

Macros also don't spontaneously send input on their own, only when signaled by the user's manipulation of the peripheral device.

• Like 1

So I can't even use stuff like ReShade or SweetFX to fix the horrible implementation of the new lighting system, is either get blinded or get banned.

On 2019-08-12 at 3:30 AM, pebblepossum said:

You know that the keybinds are remappable in-game, right? Here's what happens if DE caves to your demands and decides any more than 1 input sent per button press is "cheating": I map crouch to one of the thumb buttons on my mouse, quick melee to the other, and I press both.

I'm not making any demands here, nor am I saying that more than one input per button is cheating. Sorry for hitting your nerve, I guess, but you're just twisting what I'm saying, which is that using a slide attack macro gives a player an obvious advantage over someone else on an already extremely powerful attack, as well as, by game design, being more effective than even certain very meta weapons, like the Tiberon Prime; all of it with a third-party influence. It's a mix of the power of the slide attack and how easily it can be done. Remember the beyblade stance for heavy melees? Yeah, that one's spinning has a limit, for some weird funky reason. I so wonder what DE was thinking when they made that stance not enable to user to endlessly spin around, possibly something to do with not wanting to do what the slide attack does now. It's unbalanced and spamming it has the same effect as cheating in a game: it's fun for five minutes when you're in god mode, and after those five minutes, you just notice how bland it is to map crouch and melee to one button and press it to delete a group of enemies. Y'know, games are supposed to have interactivity; pressing one button to play is what Cookie Clicker does.

Posted (edited)
On 2019-06-26 at 10:20 PM, [DE]Bear said:

While we could technically issue blanket bans on everything that alters the game files, the fact of the matter is that there's some software that can be useful and helpful for members of our community. This is where context is very important.

I'd like to point at all those people who got banned just because something was running alongside Warframe, while not really interacting with Warframe. Since first ban where no fault is seen is lifted, it's a small safety net for some, but I can only assume that some of those people got banned a second time (again without anything interacting with the game) and stayed banned. Context does not matter.

By the way "If you use external software in conjunction with Warframe, then you do so at your own risk." includes notepad, because from DE's perspective it's 3rd party software. Thank god the policy is not applied to notepad.

Edited by Jitsuryoku
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 2019-08-17 at 5:39 PM, Basalto said:

I'm not making any demands here, nor am I saying that more than one input per button is cheating. Sorry for hitting your nerve, I guess, but you're just twisting what I'm saying, which is that using a slide attack macro gives a player an obvious advantage over someone else on an already extremely powerful attack, as well as, by game design, being more effective than even certain very meta weapons, like the Tiberon Prime; all of it with a third-party influence. It's a mix of the power of the slide attack and how easily it can be done. Remember the beyblade stance for heavy melees? Yeah, that one's spinning has a limit, for some weird funky reason. I so wonder what DE was thinking when they made that stance not enable to user to endlessly spin around, possibly something to do with not wanting to do what the slide attack does now. It's unbalanced and spamming it has the same effect as cheating in a game: it's fun for five minutes when you're in god mode, and after those five minutes, you just notice how bland it is to map crouch and melee to one button and press it to delete a group of enemies. Y'know, games are supposed to have interactivity; pressing one button to play is what Cookie Clicker does.

And I'm saying the "third party influence" is negligible. You're not trying to crack down on actual cheaters here, what you really have is a complaint about game balance. The appropriate route for voicing your complaint would have been making (another) thread titled "Nerf Maiming Strike" or similar. Instead, you came here latching on to this idea that slide attacks are somehow somewhat balanced by their uncomfortable default input, in the hopes of punishing players who use a game mechanic you find overpowered with a ban threat if they mitigate that discomfort, by expanding the definition of automation to include even the most basic macro that every gaming keyboard's included software is capable of nowadays, and to hell with people with physical disabilities or trying to avoid a repetitive motion injury.

And for the record, lots of things are more effective than the Tiberon Prime. Hopefully you're not advocating to ban players who use kitguns next...

Edited by pebblepossum