Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will solo Onslaught ever be considered for review.

(PSN)Tenchi145

A few of my clanmates have been trying to run onslaught solo to eight, since unless it's a required weekly, barely anyone stays. So far it seems that efficiency is still functioning the same way since release and enemy eximi spaens are low so even killing a group of trash mobs around round 5/6 only rewards 2% which is then promptly taken away as you try to get to the new spawns on the other side of the stage. This is even worse on larger stages because you are constanly trying to play catch up in a losing battle.

Please DE address this issue. If not at Tennocon at least make a dev workshop detailing some ideas for improving the mode as a whole as well as for the solo experience.

Edited by (PS4)Tenchi145

Onslaught is like a Survival turned up to 10.5 - in the sense that you'll want a bit of AoE to say the least. a Melee Weapon that can take care of atleast Trash Unis is nice, and pick some stuff for taking care of Heavies and/or Enemies that are relatively far away from you.

7 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

Volt without an EV? I'd say no.

Efficiency, Focus benefits. there's even Syndicate Weapons that can give you Energy too, though those are a lot harder to use Solo. Sharpshooter also exists.
diggy Doge + Energy Pulse (Focus) to pull from the end of a Round to the next is kinda neat.
Dethcube would work too, aye. Synth set and Equilibrium would also be an option.
Energize too ofcourse.

there's quite a few tools available.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Tenchi145 said:

run onslaught solo to eight, since unless it's a required weekly, barely anyone stays

17 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

The rewards on the other hands really really need a rework/revisit.

This is basically the same problem. If they add some nice rewards at zone 8, the players will come and you will get squads willing to go to zone 8.

I bet that if DE added some sure Kuva ( or any other sustainable reward - so the incentive is always there ) at zone 8 as an alternative to the usual methods, ESO would be very active .. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

Volt without an EV? I'd say no. More like, "You can do it, if you have 2 maxed arcane energize and a Dethcube supplying you with energy."

I've done it with Volt. Using Zenurik only, and considering you can't spam 4 because Simaris will cool it down, not terribly hard to get energy in between casts.

Definitely possible, but there's some RNG involved regarding the tile sets and enemy combinations. Sometimes it's a real PITA., like when there are energy leechers everywhere ..

6 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I've done it with Volt. Using Zenurik only, and considering you can't spam 4 because Simaris will cool it down, not terribly hard to get energy in between casts.

Definitely possible, but there's some RNG involved regarding the tile sets and enemy combinations. Sometimes it's a real PITA., like when there are energy leechers everywhere .. 

That's exactly my point. It can be done, but compared to a saryn it's not a good recommendation.

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I can second both volt and saryn, saryn spores work after 0 energy and with volt if you get alot of energy leaches, just use sping to win with volt speed.

Workaround comments aside, DE doesn't usually make content intentionally catered to solo play so I doubt they would do that. It's often just doable because balance between frames and for content in general is non-existent so meta builds end up being the go-to.

But, they should still look at the efficiency and spawn rates, since even with a full team wiping everything in sight I've had more than enough missions where enemies just aren't spawning enough to keep the numbers up. We've got people standing around watching the 'timer' tick down with no enemies spawned.

That....

6 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Workaround comments aside, DE doesn't usually make content intentionally catered to solo play so I doubt they would do that. It's often just doable because balance between frames and for content in general is non-existent so meta builds end up being the go-to.

But, they should still look at the efficiency and spawn rates, since even with a full team wiping everything in sight I've had more than enough missions where enemies just aren't spawning enough to keep the numbers up. We've got people standing around watching the 'timer' tick down with no enemies spawned.

Really is what I've come to expect to hear. It's really just that I'm trying to get at least something done about the efficiency drain. Because you shouldn't need a meta frame just to make it to the first C rotation. Guess I'll treat this mode like I did Mesa . Once they drain enough sales outta Khora we'll see a rework of Sanctuary.