Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Ideas

Maka.Bones

Positive feedback + ideas: You guys have been doing an awesome job adding more open world content, and improving upon what you've brought us so far. So here are some ideas for you guys to expand on (things i've enjoyed so far, and would like to see more of)

- Giant "Orokin Apex Predators" native to some open worlds. Edit: the hunting minigame has some animal strands that are closely related to the creatures created from orokin experiments. It would be cool to see some "mega" versions of orokin creations

- Random/rare Star chart boss cameos, in open worlds (It should be based on the host's progress, or the level of the bounty, for the sake of familiarity and the team's ability to defeat the boss)

- Void Beasts/Ghosts. Edit: New faction enemies; I'm imagining energy creatures of horror, shaped something like a warped gorilla, or a lanky, giant void-spider that spawns smaller spooders. The orokin & sentients both, have had difficulties traversing the void; it would be awesome to give shape to the reason why they've had difficulties, or meet/fight those reasons. 

- Discovering fragments of secret/hidden weapons/warframes/companions through exploration, or through scanning relics, or blueprints in enemy bases, or hacking consoles. It would be cool if it was clue-based, and it would be fun if it required 3-5 individual missions or different "archaeological/spy/research" ventures... or up to 5-10 individual fragments to create one "whole" Edit: It would be refreshing to have a new way to acquire gear, besides crafting or killing mobs

- More spy missions/content, without requiring bounties.

Edit:

the ability to travel straight from one planet, to a relay--or another planet--would feel more like a real open world, instead of a large map with repeatable missions and farmable resources. 

- Maybe make discoverable/explorable zones within the OW. Similar to map layouts like the older "Monster Hunter" hunting maps, or old single player games 

- Void Open-world

- Random Cetucians / Solaris people out in the open world, fishing, hunting, or working

Negative /constructive feedback:  please stop making new faction enemies appear wherever we go... It makes sense that they would have "patrol routes" they would follow, or caves they're exploring, but please keep them within those areas. It breaks the fun & exploration experience, to constantly have to fight enemies whenever i'm just trying to hunt, fish, or just explore. It's really annoying to constantly hear those dropships, even while you're out in the middle of nowhere; they remind me of mosquitoes hovering around you while you're trying to sleep... please no more... Please just keep them within pre-defined "patrol routes" unless we've already raised the map's alarm level. 

Sometimes I just want to relax and fish/mine, and not be bothered by grineer or corpus. D:<

If you have to give us enemy mobs, at least make them more relevant to the area we're in (like dangerous plants/animals, or map hazards)

Thank you for taking the time to read this! 😄

Edited by Maka.Bones

48 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Orokin Apex Predators

what are these?

49 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Void Beasts/Ghosts

and these?

First, it would be better if you explained what they did instead of just giving them a name. 

Second, designing these things like the Eidolons and the Orb mothers take time. Not just the visual design, but their fight mechanics as well. We're still waiting for the next orb mother fight. 

Third, Sentients are already on their way and it would be better if they focused on those enemies and truly expand on the different types rather than random mini bosses.

53 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Star chart boss cameos

I like this, but it would be better if it was specific to the planet. Also, Corpus/Grineer invasions would also be good similar to Plague Star. However, that again requires a lot of dev time. 

54 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Discovering fragments of secret/hidden weapons/warframes/companions through exploration

First, if this was a thing, someone would make a map to find everything in just a day. 

Second, most warframes are tied to random chance, so this would mean these things have a random chance to appear and not just be there. Add that to the vastness of the open worlds and you would have days of flying around the plains and orb valis doing nothing but look for these things. Plz no. Mods are fine and cosmetics are fine.

58 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

the ability to travel straight from one planet,

Yes please

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:
1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Orokin Apex Predators

what are these?

the hunting minigame have some animal strands that are closely related to the creatures created from orokin experiments. It would be cool to see some "mega" versions of orokin creations

27 minutes ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:
1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Void Beasts/Ghosts

and these?

First, it would be better if you explained what they did instead of just giving them a name. 

Second, designing these things like the Eidolons and the Orb mothers take time. Not just the visual design, but their fight mechanics as well. We're still waiting for the next orb mother fight. 

Third, Sentients are already on their way and it would be better if they focused on those enemies and truly expand on the different types rather than random mini bosses.

New faction enemies; energy beings that take shape into creatures of horror. The orokin & sentients both, have had difficulties traversing the void; it would be awesome to give shape to the reason why they've had difficulties, or meet/fight those reasons. 

And oh yes, i'm well aware...  IF they decided to run with my idea, I wouldn't expect to see this happen until 6-12 months. They're going to need to expand on new enemy types eventually, so why not start brainstorming about it now?

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Star chart boss cameos

I like this, but it would be better if it was specific to the planet. Also, Corpus/Grineer invasions would also be good similar to Plague Star. However, that again requires a lot of dev time. 

Sort of what I had in mind. Specific to the planet makes more sense tbh, unless they also wanted to bring in an event of some faction overlord invading. 

1 hour ago, Maka.Bones said:

Discovering fragments of secret/hidden weapons/warframes/companions through exploration

First, if this was a thing, someone would make a map to find everything in just a day. 

Second, most warframes are tied to random chance, so this would mean these things have a random chance to appear and not just be there. Add that to the vastness of the open worlds and you would have days of flying around the plains and orb valis doing nothing but look for these things. Plz no. Mods are fine and cosmetics are fine.

That's the idea... that's the point. The journey would be more fun, than the destination... unless you make it into a game/chore of "collect everything"

But sure, mods or cosmetics sounds cool too

Edit: I just think that it would be a refreshing change of pace, if we could get gear another way besides killing mobs, or crafting

Edited by Maka.Bones
  • Like 2

Not necessarily an Open-World idea, but more of a "dealing with annoying enemy types" idea - Energy Leech/Parasitic Eximus units. Few things are more annoying than tearing your way through a level and when you go to cast an ability it fails because there were Leeches in the batch of mobs you were fighting and you didn't realize it, or they were lurking out of your FOV. Give us some kind of indicator on the HUD to let us know we're being sapped, and throw in a visible energy rope flowing from us to the unit so we know which ones we need to target, instead of playing Where's Waldo with the pack of glowing Eximus enemies that are around us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-06-26 at 6:59 PM, Maka.Bones said:
On 2019-06-26 at 6:50 PM, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:
On 2019-06-26 at 5:51 PM, Maka.Bones said:

Void Beasts/Ghosts

and these?

New faction enemies; energy beings that take shape into creatures of horror. The orokin & sentients both, have had difficulties traversing the void; it would be awesome to give shape to the reason why they've had difficulties, or meet/fight those reasons. 

And oh yes, i'm well aware...  IF they decided to run with my idea, I wouldn't expect to see this happen until 6-12 months. They're going to need to expand on new enemy types eventually, so why not start brainstorming about it now?

The aesthetic & enemies we've seen so far from plains of duviri, isn't exactly what I had in mind but it definitely surpasses my expectations/imagination. It seems they already had something similar in mind, but with the orokin faction. I'm so excited for this.