Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come on DE, when can we use alternate skin on Zaw & Kitgun ??

Doomsknightmare

To use your words:

Come on Doomsknight, why can't you use the search function??

That way you would have known why this isn't a thing yet.

You still have a point I support: it's been about two years since DEs' last response about this

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
forgot link

18 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

I really don't think alt skins are going to happen. They'd have to make a separate alt skin for each and every mesh and given the number of combinations / meshes you can have, that's a lot of alt skins.

Well you don't need an alt skin for EVERY part if the skin used is one that replaces the weapon wholesale (like say the Ryu skin for Nikanas). I mean, at least I'd imagine that should be doable unless the game literally needs all the meshes to be displayed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vaarnaaarne said:

unless the game literally needs all the meshes to be displayed.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it does.

That said, alt skins for Zaws and Kitguns would be most welcome. Most of the kitguns (and even a couple of Zaws) are arguably unpleasant to look at, either due to their overall appearance (how the components look and fit together) or the color mapping.

Just now, MirageKnight said:

Most of the kitguns (and even a couple of Zaws) are arguably unpleasant to look at, either due to their overall appearance (how the components look and fit together)

This is enough of a reason to want a skin over it, TBH. Catchmoon is pretty much ugly as sin.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Most of the kitguns (and even a couple of Zaws) are arguably unpleasant to look at, either due to the color mapping.

Plague Parts come to mind...

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

TBH. Catchmoon is pretty much ugly as sin.

I'm really conflicted with that. The damage and spread / fx are super sexy and useful, but the visual design of the component is cringy and completely impractical for a weapon that's supposed to rest on your hip / upper leg when not in use.

9 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Plague Parts come to mind...

My main beef with plague parts is they really don't look...Infested enough. I will agree that their color mapping is terrible and deserves to be publicly flogged.

• Like 1