Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Wonder If I Will Ever Get Blazing Step Ephemera

EzioTheEagle

1 hour ago, Tinklzs said:

If you make it tradeable it loses it's value as a prestigious item. Whether you support having items being earned or not - all epherema's shouldn't be tradeable.  Either make it so you have to do it X times to get it or have it be a guarenteed thing after a fairly difficult segment (say stay 2 hours in arbitration to get a unique syndana) or in the blazing step's case zone 16 or 24 (since zones after 8 are harder).

Again, we need more unique rewards - it's so annoying that back in the day seeing someone look badass you knew they know the game in and out, did some hard stuff.  Now it's just "how much money did you spend to look that cool". 

I disagree. People have put in enough effort to get these items, as far as im concerned they can drop fully built and not need to use the foundry at all. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

7 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

I disagree. People have put in enough effort to get these items, as far as im concerned they can drop fully built and not need to use the foundry at all. 

I didn't even mention the foundry or crafting - I said that if you do a task that has a chance of dropping them (arbitrations for example) after x20 times lets say, you'd get the empherma.  Then after you've gotten it, it won't drop anymore (since you already have it). 

On 2019-08-02 at 11:42 AM, Tinklzs said:

I didn't even mention the foundry or crafting - I said that if you do a task that has a chance of dropping them (arbitrations for example) after x20 times lets say, you'd get the empherma.  Then after you've gotten it, it won't drop anymore (since you already have it). 

Yeah. Well. I have most of the ephemera. a good chunk of them anyway. I just can't build any of them because I wasn't terribly interested in Arbitration before I got these ephemra, and now that i have them, i realize you can't build them without Vitus essence. Which you can only get from arbitration. And now that DE has moved Arbitration's qualifications to being locked behind Jovian Concord, specifically the rupaulyst, i can't get access to it because it would require me to joylessly grind through quest content i was specifically saving for later. And seeing as my grandmother just had a stroke, it will be a very long time indeed before i have time to /waste/ on screwing around with quests. i can manage to find time to work on focus, or doing a daily bounty here or there, but i do not have time to grind off two story missions just so that DE will dane to allow me back into arbitration which i use to be access just a few weeks ago. 

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have something frustratingly rare in your inventory that you are not "allowed" to build because the developer keeps moving goal posts and then have trolls trying to shout you down for being annoyed over it because I'm not willing to put a stupid quest over my responsibilities to a stroke victim? Boy it must be damn nice for some of these people to have nothing better to do with their time than sit around playing videogames all day. "how dare you want to actually enjoy the game instead of grinding through it as quickly as possible?"

Whatever. This trash is rare enough it should really just drop built because getting a rare drop and then having the company say "oh and by the way, screw you" doesn't exactly make me have warm fuzzy feelings about the developer. Maybe if they gave you a secondary means to earn it, maybe a cred reward in nightwave rarely... but whatever.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Yeah. Well. I have most of the ephemera. a good chunk of them anyway. I just can't build any of them because I wasn't terribly interested in Arbitration before I got these ephemra, and now that i have them, i realize you can't build them without Vitus essence. Which you can only get from arbitration. And now that DE has moved Arbitration's qualifications to being locked behind Jovian Concord, specifically the rupaulyst, i can't get access to it because it would require me to joylessly grind through quest content i was specifically saving for later. And seeing as my grandmother just had a stroke, it will be a very long time indeed before i have time to /waste/ on screwing around with quests. i can manage to find time to work on focus, or doing a daily bounty here or there, but i do not have time to grind off two story missions just so that DE will dane to allow me back into arbitration which i use to be access just a few weeks ago. 

Do you have any idea how annoying it is to have something frustratingly rare in your inventory that you are not "allowed" to build because the developer keeps moving goal posts and then have trolls trying to shout you down for being annoyed over it because I'm not willing to put a stupid quest over my responsibilities to a stroke victim? Boy it must be damn nice for some of these people to have nothing better to do with their time than sit around playing videogames all day. "how dare you want to actually enjoy the game instead of grinding through it as quickly as possible?"

Whatever. This trash is rare enough it should really just drop built because getting a rare drop and then having the company say "oh and by the way, screw you" doesn't exactly make me have warm fuzzy feelings about the developer. Maybe if they gave you a secondary means to earn it, maybe a cred reward in nightwave rarely... but whatever.

I see your point but I think it's fine as it is right now. I think what DE needs to do is structure things better so you don't have the 'move the goal posts' problem you've encountered. Before I even looked at arbitrations I did the quests, including the infamous nidus one. However, I do understand your frustration with the matter and wish you good luck.

Sorry about your Grandmother.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nasair said:

How is Ventkids a sink for focus?

No, I meant Ventkids also don't have a sink and I would really love one, as I'm actually having fun getting Ventkids standing XD

There's just no incentive to do K-Drive Races at the moment (other than fun of course^^)

On 2019-08-07 at 1:30 AM, Vethalon said:

No, I meant Ventkids also don't have a sink and I would really love one, as I'm actually having fun getting Ventkids standing XD

There's just no incentive to do K-Drive Races at the moment (other than fun of course^^)

I don't hate ventkids but yeah, they need a sink too!

• 1 month later...

I posted in a similar thread about farming for blazing step, but I still have yet to win the lottery. I would not mind if they would just make it earned, grind is fine also, say 1k runs here have the ephemera, then at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yes I am still trying to get Blazing it's the only one I do not have,  and it's not for lack of effort.

On 2019-09-19 at 5:44 AM, Nichivo said:

I posted in a similar thread about farming for blazing step, but I still have yet to win the lottery. I would not mind if they would just make it earned, grind is fine also, say 1k runs here have the ephemera, then at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Yes I am still trying to get Blazing it's the only one I do not have,  and it's not for lack of effort.

Well I missed out on the lotus empherma even though my twitch account was linked and I watched at correct times.  

Now I don't give a crap about collecting them all.  DE made it impossible for a large minority of players and never corrected it.  

Was a blessing in disguise.  My point is, stop caring.  It's the only way to enjoy this game.  

Id give you one of mine if I could. Im not one of the idiots who want to rush ALL THE CONTENT just so they can play arbitration and it's constantly moving goal post so it will be a while before I can build any of them even though I have most of them.

To be fair I never played arbitration when I had access to it for lack of interest, I didn't get any ephemera until literally a week before rupaulyst dropped at which point I was like "eh I'll do it next week". I'm my defense they did not tell people it would lock them out of arbitration if they hadn't completed the most recent story quest. 

OKAY. The time has come to express my lamentation. I have tried dropping this ephemera since the patch came out. I play there everyday. I started with 1 run per day to gain a reputation pool from syndicates. But for a month I increased playing nummbers of runs right after returning from work, i.e. from 16 to 23 - 24 with breaks. Epehemeras was introduced on March 8, 2019. Today we have September 27, 2019. Playing every day for 1 run on ESO, I've done 168 to August 23. After August 23 to this day, I calculated that on average I do 14 runs a day, for 34 days it gives 476 runs. There are 644 runes in total. If the full 8 waves are done after 20m I've already devoted over 214 hours.

My question is this: what does it mean that I must earn this ephemera and when will be modifed drop system of ESO, so that  can be droped in rationally possible time. Drop of all Ephemeras was modified why Blazing was not changed. Since the ARBITRATION mode has been modified and the acquisition of Seeding Step Ephemera is easily obtainable for the average mortal, it's time for the rewards and rotation system at ESO to be remodeled. I'm already tired of seeing change for a while: relic or ENDO.

Even parts to Braton Vandal have stopped dropping. Even karma does not want to come back as I help some encountered players exp their weapons or focus believing that I will buy into the favor of RNG GOD.

Is ther any chance to change drop rate or way to get it before releasing Railjack??

Finally got mine, after an absurd amount of runs. Now DE can respect my effort, and leave the drop chance alone. Seriously DE! Please make it earned, and attainable for others, as nobody should have to run ESO  much as I did. 

On 2019-09-27 at 4:29 PM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

i would give you mine if i could, I refuse to rush through all the content like the try hards and waste my enjoyment of gameplay as such I'm denied access to components I need to make it, so I literally don't care about having a few of them, id give them away if I could but DE won't let people trade their surplus

Just reading through this topic you have a real dislike for anyone who has played through the game ahead of you.

The original ephemeras were supposed to be for players that finished everything to come back and farm older content as a prestige item essentially. If some newbie comes in to a public group that kills stalker and gets a smoking body ephemera that they can prance around with, it loses all prestige.

You are absolutely fine in playing the game at your own pace. You already have the rare item. It's not going anywhere and it'll be there for you when you finish your quests. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Just reading through this topic you have a real dislike for anyone who has played through the game ahead of you.

The original ephemeras were supposed to be for players that finished everything to come back and farm older content as a prestige item essentially. If some newbie comes in to a public group that kills stalker and gets a smoking body ephemera that they can prance around with, it loses all prestige.

You are absolutely fine in playing the game at your own pace. You already have the rare item. It's not going anywhere and it'll be there for you when you finish your quests. 

No friend. I have a real problem with moving goal posts. At the time that I got my first ephemera, I could have gone into arbitration that day and gotten the component I needed. But I was busy that day and had other obligations. "Tomorrow" I said. And "Tomorrow" was the day they released the rupaulyst. Rather than doing what literally every other game does, which is respect the order of content releases, they locked arbitration behind a wall that I will have to grind off two missions I was deliberately saving if I want to get access back to a game mode I could have done the day before without such restriction.

And again. I don't have a problem with people who have played through all the content. I have a problem with the losers who want to go around mocking people "oh you don't complete everything the second it comes out? What's wrong with you?!" They're the same people who will get a 90 hour game, play it 24 hours until they've completed everything, and then complain that they're bored. And those people, I have a problem with, because they expect everyone else to play the game just like them. 

When I first started playing this game, people urged new players not to rush through content because things get boring fast when you run out of mountains to climb. Now everythings rush rush rush, you can't even play a mission public without people trying to rush you through it. So at this point I ask you. Why would anyone even play the game if the only goal is to complete every activity as quickly and mindlessly as possible?

I would not have any problem with this if they had left arbitration alone... Youtube hosts for this game are already using dialog of "sigh, they released a new mission so just be aware you're locked out of arbitrations again until you finish it"... That's a really piss poor way of doing things and it's clear that not everyone has their back on that decision. Especially because no other game does it. Developers create an end game activity.... And then after a while they create a new end game activity and leave the other one as it was. They're trying to appease players who abandoned bungie when Destiny failed. And seeing as trying to please those players is actually WHY destiny failed, you'd think they'd take a hint. 

• 1 month later...