Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So let me get this right.. *arbitration*

Sooo... Let me see if I have this more or less correct... Guy says I have one and only one node I have to complete to play any arbitration mission. The Rupaulolyst. In order to do that I must complete the chains of harrow, the sacrifice, and the Chimera Prologue. But this mission was only added a few weeks ago... So basically people who had completed all the nodes before that had was added had free access to that event...(and presumably have now lost access if they hadn't done those missions) but because I had like 5 missions left on the map I wasn't allowed access.

"Fine" I said the other night upon receiving the flame step ephemera. "Apparently I need to unlock arbitration to get the one component I need to build this thing and can only be accessed from that event... "Okay, lets get it the eff over with." So I finish all the little missions that I had avoided because I just specifically didn't like those missions..... Mostly archwing missions because the physics are the worst of any third person free flight sim on the market... The literal worst of any game on the market. It needs to be re-imagined if they plan on basing the next expansion on it....and those missions where you have to baby sit evacuees...so I get that done... And then I find out that the goal post has been moved. 

So. Let me be sure I have an understanding here. If I had done this a few weeks ago. I wouldn't have had to grind off three missions that I was deliberately pushing off to extend my play time and enjoyment of the game? Or did arbitration use to require quest completions as well because he has nothing to say about that...just nodes.

Yeah yeah yeah I know this is "End game content" and all that. I just wanted to actually build this absurdly rare drop and now I have to either let it sit and rot in my inventory or else push hard and joylessly grind off content I specifically wanted to delay to enjoy later.

This is really. Really annoying.

Could you atleast like have void trader sell this essence crap from time to time? I mean seriously.

Arbitrations always required completion of all star chart nodes, that's only indirectly linked to quests now because of ropalolyst. We had vitus essence as twitch drop in the past from prime time but i wouldnt count on it.

Yes, people who joined before those nodes were added did not need to beat them for Arbitrations.

No, you would have had to do Archwing missions and Defection either way because they qualify for the requirement of 'All nodes completed'. All nodes. Including Archwing and defection nodes.

Also Railjack will reportedly include some degree of an Archwing rework.

6 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

No, you would have had to do Archwing missions and Defection either way because they qualify for the requirement of 'All nodes completed'. All nodes. Including Archwing and defection nodes.

Also Railjack will reportedly include some degree of an Archwing rework.

I was aware that I had to do those missions, I was not opposed to doing those missions other than the fact that I don't like those missions which is why I hadn't done it /yet/... The star chart is now clear except the Rupaulolyst.

And they need more than a rework on archwing. It is bad in ways that make me wonder if they had ever played a third person flight sim before because these are things the industry figured out decades ago. But as long as they're doing /something/...

Anyway, I got my answer. That people use to have access to arbitration and then DE decided to just screw people over. That's not exactly great business practices but whatever.

Seems they would be wiser to just remove that one node as a requirement, like the other quest nodes are not prerequisites. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx

This isn't making any sense. You have to complete the start chart for Arbitrations but now need to do the mission to fight the new boss. Makes sense. Hate archwing and don't want to do quests to get there. Other than one quest to hide from laser in archwing I don't remember there being any other archwing stuff and anything that is there was wayless pain full than any actual archwing mission.

Or are you saying you never complete the star chart prior to the update and still need to do the mission nodes?

Edited by Zelmen

1 minute ago, Zelmen said:

This isn't making any sense. You have to complete the start chart for Arbitrations but now need to do the mission to fight the new boss. Makes sense. Hate archwing and don't want to do quests to get there. Other than one quest to hide from laser in archwing I don't remember there being any other archwing stuff and anything that is there was wayless pain full than any actual archwing mission.

This was honestly hard to read through. 

But maybe if you'll reread, I didn't have any exception to completing the star(-t) chart. I had a problem with players having access to the content without completing quest lines before this content dropped, and now players who haven't completed all the quest lines are now locked out for arbitrary reasons because of one node that is quest locked. When you give players access to something. And then take it away from them for no reason at all. That's kinda not cool. There are several quest related nodes that are visible on the star chart, but are not considered part of it for the prerequisites of arbitration. I have two right now that I'm not being required to complete because they're part of a quest, not the star chart.

Are they just going to move the goal post again in the next expansion? And again? And again? How many times do they intend to take away access to this game mode until you've completed some event? They've done it once, why would you not expect them to do it every single time a new bit of content drops from now on? Or what if they decide they want to limit access to ESO, or to POE or Fortuna. "We've decided to limit access until these goals have been completed." They can. Nothing stopping them. 

What I don't get, is why people are okay with DE just going "nope we just decided for no reason to deny all players who haven't completed all the quests access to arbitration because we feel like it"...

But fine. I'm not going to ruin my game experience just because DE wants to screw it's players for no reason. I'm not rushing through things just to build some cosmetics.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

This was honestly hard to read through. 

But maybe if you'll reread, I didn't have any exception to completing the star(-t) chart. I had a problem with players having access to the content without completing quest lines before this content dropped, and now players who haven't completed all the quest lines are now locked out for arbitrary reasons because of one node that is quest locked. When you give players access to something. And then take it away from them for no reason at all. That's kinda not cool. There are several quest related nodes that are visible on the star chart, but are not considered part of it for the prerequisites of arbitration. I have two right now that I'm not being required to complete because they're part of a quest, not the star chart.

Are they just going to move the goal post again in the next expansion? And again? And again? How many times do they intend to take away access to this game mode until you've completed some event? They've done it once, why would you not expect them to do it every single time a new bit of content drops from now on? Or what if they decide they want to limit access to ESO, or to POE or Fortuna. "We've decided to limit access until these goals have been completed." They can. Nothing stopping them. 

What I don't get, is why people are okay with DE just going "nope we just decided for no reason to deny all players who haven't completed all the quests access to arbitration because we feel like it"...

But fine. I'm not going to ruin my game experience just because DE wants to screw it's players for no reason. I'm not rushing through things just to build some cosmetics.

To be honest your original post was hard to read through which is why I flat out said it didn't make sense. Nothing I said was hard to understand. Maybe you will reread it.

I thought your main issue was that you had an archwing mission in a quest line you don't want to do. You have made it much clearer that it is the nonsense of arbitrations that is the issue. Well I would also like to know what the xp of the star chart is slowly going down. I finally understand you post and all I can say is the more missions they add will just continue the loop needed. Sucks for older players but new nodes don't happen that often.

• Like 1

You're asking for access to the bonus dungeon before completing the main story. Warframe may not tell you about it, but there is a central quest line running from... the quest that introduces Maroo, I think?.. through to Chimera Prologue. Any quest not in that chain is a side quest.

You get to endgame by getting to the end of the game, seems pretty obvious to me.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-27 at 10:32 PM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

joylessly grind off content I specifically wanted to delay to enjoy later

Ephemeras are just a little visual gimmick, I don't see why you'd need to hurt your fun by "rushing" to Arbitrations.

Also, there's the Fae Path and Eidolon Ephemeras, which are (IMO better than Blazing Step and) don't need to be crafted.

I am a psn player.
I did arbitrations before the update.
When the update was released on pc i noticed i cannot deploy extractors on Jupiter from my mobile app, earlier when the plains of eidolon economy changed i discovered the app shows info and makes preliminari checks using pc versions.
When this update was released on psn i was forced to defeat the ropalolyst to re-gain access to arbitrations.
I think nobody is able to do Arbitrations without a mission in the Ropalolyst node.

• 1 month later...

No they need to make all the ephemeras accessible by the players. This is absolutely absurd having to complete hundreds of nodes . I've been through every planet in a straight line to the next one and theres still like 99 more nodes. All to get vitus essence? LOL bad development nothing else to say.