Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban looks cool

KERO5ENE

2 hours ago, (PS4)smb-twisted said:

Surely the idea of a trap frame is you trap enemies, which vauban does very effectively with 3 & 4. killing the trapped enemies is up to you and lets face it, easily done with myriad weapons. otherwise he becomes a nuke frame.

i hope any rework keeps his bastille & vortex more or less how they are. i guess bastille having the augment in build would be good as it is easy to ge overrun otherwise, in ways that gara/limbo/frost doesn't nearly so quickly. turrets might be fun but then you're arguably just adding a mesa style ability as a passive once you've used it which sounds way OP. unless it's a turret that fires electric procs [but wisp already does very similiar]

i feel the problem isn't the older frames but how stupidly powerful some of the newer ones are. i love vaubsy

What I mean by powerful trap is not a nuke ability but something like shred but one which would actually kill targets it hits, so all abilities wouldn't only be cc.It wouldn't even need to be as big aoe what shred has. Or even dmg them so it would make a difference in fights. As it is now electro balls and quiver traps are almost completely pointless. 

And as I said turret would be a different warframe, not vauban. And more to that, it can be made in hp based, so its not indestructible, and it can have limited fire arc, so it would only shoot lets lets say targets within 90° or 180° kill zone. So nothing like mesa op. And I'm just thinking of solutions how it could be made. Or have multiple turrets in quiver with differing ranges and fire arcs for different type of situations so it would be more versatile. 

I do also love vauban but my problem is that all game modes are more or less based around kill everything at objective fast. Even defense which could be made into timed waves is only based around kill everything, not defend this thing as long as you can. 

3 minutes ago, Gamalahalaf said:

What I mean by powerful trap is not a nuke ability but something like shred but one which would actually kill targets it hits, so all abilities wouldn't only be cc.It wouldn't even need to be as big aoe what shred has. Or even dmg them so it would make a difference in fights. As it is now electro balls and quiver traps are almost completely pointless. 

And as I said turret would be a different warframe, not vauban. And more to that, it can be made in hp based, so its not indestructible, and it can have limited fire arc, so it would only shoot lets lets say targets within 90° or 180° kill zone. So nothing like mesa op. And I'm just thinking of solutions how it could be made. Or have multiple turrets in quiver with differing ranges and fire arcs for different type of situations so it would be more versatile. 

I do also love vauban but my problem is that all game modes are more or less based around kill everything at objective fast. Even defense which could be made into timed waves is only based around kill everything, not defend this thing as long as you can. 

sure, i wasn;t trying to pick holes in what you're saying, more thinking aloud and replying to things other had said, whilst replying to some of your points.

you make a great point re: usability, ie cc even in defense missions is secondary to nuking. so the solution? since everyone only seems to appreciate task specific meta as opposed to all round abilites perhaps finding an area vauban would excel in is the best strategy (albeit not one i approve of, but i'm well aware i think differently on many things to most)

how about this - bastille is acknowledged as great at what it does, albeit not as powerful as a frost/limbo/gara etc in defense missions. where could it be the most useful cc ability out there? scanning cephalon targets, scanning kavat codes off the top of my head? that's one route. another possibility - we have already given khora pilfering cagethingy (despite hydroid already doing it) so why not pilfering bastille? (a bad move imo but since they've alread done it once why not again) and make the existing bastlle augment inbuilt.

I think if they put pilfering into bastille and make the augment now inbuild people would still only use khora since her dome also kills the enemies so it would only be weaker version of dome. But khora is good comparison, since they could add synergy with vaubans abilities, for example khora has synergy when she whip into dome, all targets held by the dome take dmg. Maybe something similar? Or make it so bastille has some object that player can shoot that would pulse players dmg into suspended enemies? Or even that electro balls would hit all suspended enemies, tho those don't do that much dmg to matter tbh. Its kinda hard to think of ways to make it viable since all others that can kill everything or outlast everything since cc is not required. 

My personal solution would be to remake game modes so they don't all be based on just kill everything or the other end, run tru map simulation (capture mission style) there are alot of ideas I have how to make game modes more complex which would increase the need of different type of frames, or if not needed atleast makes other than nuke or tank frames viable. But that list would be too long here and off topic. 

On 2019-06-27 at 11:39 PM, AzureTerra said:

He needs some tweaks, not a rework that's going to screw up how well he plays now.

You are wrong. He has to have his way of play screwed up beyond recognition in a good way. Reword is a requirement, now.
We've had frames have total face-lift, plastic surgery, reworks in the first month of their release while Vauban was completely and utterly forgotten, tossed aside as if he was the crappiest piece of garbage.