Zahnny

Will we ever get these 3 Chinese exclusive weapons?

Credit to The Urban Space Zone on Youtube for informing me of these weapons, video in spoiler below:

Spoiler

Most of what I'll say is the same stuff stated in the video provided, but if you don't want to watch it, I'll also provide Wiki links. Here's what you may or may not need to know. The Chinese version of Warframe has 3 unique weapons currently exclusive to their build of the game. Two of them are variants of pre-exsting weapons, and one is a completely unique weapon.

1. Prisma Machete

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Prisma_Machete

Stats wise is completely identical to the regular Machete, and as a result is an objective downgrade to the Machete Wraith.

2. Carmine Penta

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Carmine_Penta

A red variant of the Penta with over double the fire rate and double magazine capacity compared to the original.

3. Cadus

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Cadus

An electrical Stave/Staff weapon, that can use said stances. Interestingly enough, this weapon currently exists in our version of WF, but cannot be obtained. It is found wielded by the Trinity Specter on the Mars-to-Ceres Junction. I have taken some pictures just recently to find out if that is still true, which it is, down in the following spoiler.

Spoiler

SOFi1hX.jpg

QpAS8Nz.jpg

To my surprise, not only is the Trinity specter given it, but will actively use it if you get in melee range.

I hope one day we will see these obtainable in our version of Warframe, I see no reason why the Prisma Machete and Cadus wouldn't be given to us. The Carmine Penta given its more unique obtainment method I am unsure.

I hope I'm not the only person wanting to get them.

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 1

There is no telling. DE gives assets to ChangYou, maybe they are even just placeholder skins. ChangYou then then does whatever it wants to an extent.

We just got the "spring" liset decorations that starframe has had for years for chinese new years.

• Like 2

The staff one seems to be unique, no? I wouldn't mind that. But getting like 50 variants of existing weapons where 50% has the same stats? No thanks, China can keep them.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Being that we just got the obiter decoration that was in china this is a chance. The Other launch items slow worked there way back into the mix of things so perhaps.

12 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Being that we just got the obiter decoration that was in china this is a chance. The Other launch items slow worked there way back into the mix of things so perhaps.

What decoration you talking about?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ChiefsKingdom54 said:

What decoration you talking about?

• Like 2

Wouldn’t mind seeing them being added into the global build. I do have to say though that the Cadus looks like it would be a pretty neat weapon to use.

First 2 - meh. Already done, no need for reskins.

But Cadus? Electricity -> lightning. Lighting -> clouds. Clouds -> Wukong! His Prime version will need a big stick and there is not many stuffs to Prime left.

I would have to say yes we will get them considering I'm not Chinese, never played on a Chinese server, and still got a Prisma Machete.

Just now, Taratekt said:

I would have to say yes we will get them considering I'm not Chinese, never played on a Chinese server, and still got a Prisma Machete.

Wait, what? How?

im interested in the stick mostly it looks neat who knows maybe we will get it as a prime 

that and i get to try to make a magma guard cosplay since the grineer stick looks so well derpy i like the grineer look but that stick just irks me idk why i just dont like it 

• Like 1

Prisma machete is just a straight downgrade from machete wraith. Even assuming melee 3.0 makes machetes not suck I can see no reason why I'd want that. Only thing I'd care about is the staff. Ohma and ninkondi are pretty good weapons if not widely used. I'd be interested to see if the staff keeps that up. 

2 hours ago, Firetrucksrule said:

Prisma machete is just a straight downgrade from machete wraith. Even assuming melee 3.0 makes machetes not suck I can see no reason why I'd want that. Only thing I'd care about is the staff. Ohma and ninkondi are pretty good weapons if not widely used. I'd be interested to see if the staff keeps that up. 

Well, I'd imagine it'd be at least as useable as a Bo, seeing as, much like Tipedo, you need Bo to make Cadus.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Wait, what? How?

They must be thinking of Prisma cleavers as their account in game shown no Prisma machete.

well, I wouldn't be against more weapons, but we're not missing out on much: even after the buffs, machete doesn't have all that much of a following. personally I love the look of the Machete but it's far from being top-tier, at least without a Riven. I have one for my Machete Wraith which gives it a ludicrous attack speed and it works OK, btu that says more about the Riven than it does the weapon itself.  

The Carmine Penta sounds like a Side-grade, and we already have the Secura Penta. and again, Penta doesn't have all that much of a following even post buff as not everyone likes self-damage weapons and those using The Penta frequently probably only do so on account of it's unique mods like Tether Grenades and Napalm grenades (which sadly can't be used simultaneously, for whatever bizarre reason.

the Cadus sounds interesting, but it's very plain looking, even for a Stave. it looks almost like a knock-off of Wukong's Iron Staff before it gets larger mid-combo. personally I prefer the Anpu Skin which Baro sometimes offers.

assuming we do get them, baro would likely bring the Machete and Penta variants, and Cadus could be added as part of a Tenno reinforcements update.

On 2019-06-28 at 1:36 PM, Zahnny said:

Wait, what? How?

Void Trader had it a while ago.

On 2019-06-28 at 10:47 AM, MagPrime said:

Would love to see these in game. 

I'd like to see these weapons made available to the non-Chinese versions of Warframe too.

Furthermore, I'd like to see a three-section staff melee weapon added to Warframe.