Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mob count in Solo Survival

Chewarette

Heya,

Honestly, can we bump up the number of enemies in Solo Survival ? And I'm not talking about a 10% increase, this mode deserves at least +2000% increase in the number of enemies. ESPECIALLY in Arbitrations.

Once again, I've tagged in a Survival Arbitration (Grineers, Gallion tileset). Once again, everyone left at the 20th minute mark. From this point onward, the mission went from "kill enemies" to "activate all the capsules, on cooldown, and occasionally kill the one or 2 grineer you'll stumble upon". And once again, had to leave at 30 minutes because the lack of enemies made this mission soporific and I'm sure the game would have flagged me as AFK. I have killed exactly 126 mobs during these 10 minutes. How is that acceptable ?

I love Survivals, but at this point that's pathetic. Solo "Survival" doesn't deserve its name. You don't survive against anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ksaero said:

Always check the room near extraction after your teammates leave, enemies love camping there, refusing to go for remaining players.

Speaking of which, I think there should be some system that despawns enemies that are stuck somewhere and do nothing, at least for modes that require you to kill those enemies to keep the mission going (like Survival or Excavation)

I once had an Excavation on Europa tileset, where we spent like 10+ minutes doing just 2 Excavation pods, because there literally was 1-2 enemies per 20-30 seconds, hence no batteries. Turned out there were a bunch of enemies stuck in some corridor, which prevented new ones from spawning. And since the Excavation maps are pretty big and Europa tileset can get a bit complicated at times, it was pretty hard finding those.

• Like 1

Its even worse if you're playing something like Loki/Ivara, since enemies don't detect you they won't run to the room you're in. I wish the spawnrate to always be the same, no matter how many players are in the squad and in case you're invisible they should run to the location you were last seen.

• Like 1

I agree with more spawnrates, but forced to a full squad size spawn rate everytime is a big No (because some players can get overwhelmed). It's better DE added some sort of "Tenno Signal Amplifier Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3" allowing us to up the spawn rate to as much as we please (T1 for 2 player spawn rate, T2 for 3 player spawn rate, T4 for full squad spawn rate).

21 hours ago, Ksaero said:

Always check the room near extraction after your teammates leave, enemies love camping there, refusing to go for remaining players.

I have checked, there were 10 mobs there, killing them didn't make things better unfortunately.

8 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I agree with more spawnrates, but forced to a full squad size spawn rate everytime is a big No (because some players can get overwhelmed). It's better DE added some sort of "Tenno Signal Amplifier Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3" allowing us to up the spawn rate to as much as we please (T1 for 2 player spawn rate, T2 for 3 player spawn rate, T4 for full squad spawn rate).

Well to be honest, at least doubling the spawn rate in solo survival wouldn't overwhelm anyone, there are barely any mobs in solo survivals on some tilesets (while some others have plenty, for whatever reason).