Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are The Forums So Toxic?

Cephalon_Saryndipity

I have never, ever seen so many supposedly 'open' people shouting and insulting one another over trivial differences of opinion. Warframe is a game, for fun. There's no reason to browbeat or to insult. We're all human beings. This community is supposedly one of the most welcoming, helpful and understanding in existence. Or so I was told... but one look through these forums proves that notion is wrong and replaces it with a hideous truth: the Warframe playerbase is just as toxic, hardheaded and egocentric as any other. I don't want to believe this but every single day I see a new post slagging off a newbie or just base tipedo-measuring. I know we're better than this. Let's be friends. Life is too short and extinction is too soon for us to be at one another's throats. This is the time to come together- to love and to help one another. We don't have many years left. Please don't spend them in anger. 

Thank you for your attention. Have a great day! Love and light to you all! 

• Like 4

So, is this thread in response to the one that other player made because they screamed at support then decided to scream here? Because that is not representative of the entire forums, and honestly if you're already painting is with that broad of a brush then you're not really gonna enjoy it here. 

Also advice, ignore most of the small, vocal toxic crowd that decided to plant themselves here. They're not worth the time nor the energy to deal with. Not even worth making a thread about. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, (NSW)Badger said:

Or so I was told... but one look through these forums proves that notion is wrong and replaces it with a hideous truth: the Warframe playerbase is just as toxic, hardheaded and egocentric as any other

I have always been told that the forums are not much better than other games. It is a place people go to complain. You are posting a ‘meta-complaint’ right now. DE does not allow these as they are usually toxic/pointless. This thread will likely get removed.

The game is what people think is non-toxic. People help each other. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

So, is this thread in response to the one that other player made because they screamed at support then decided to scream here? Because that is not representative of the entire forums, and honestly if you're already painting is with that broad of a brush then you're not really gonna enjoy it here. 

Also advice, ignore most of the small, vocal toxic crowd that decided to plant themselves here. They're not worth the time nor the energy to deal with. Not even worth making a thread about. 

ok.

vor 44 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Badger:

This community is supposedly one of the most welcoming, helpful and understanding in existence. Or so I was told... but one look through these forums proves that notion is wrong and replaces it with a hideous truth: the Warframe playerbase is just as toxic, hardheaded and egocentric as any other.

Please do not mistake the forums as THE Warframe community. Only a small part of the actual community can be found here. 

Tennos in-game are normally very friendly and helpful. Whenever I see MR1-4 players in my squad I ask how they like the game so far. I help out if I can and I tend to gift a booster or slots to noobs. And I am aware that many more veterans do the same. 

As for the forums. If you see some noob being bashed here try to be the nice grown-up tenno in the room and contact that noob directly. Give him/her a friendly advise for his problems. 

Edited by k05h
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, k05h said:

Please do not mistake the forums as THE Warframe community. Only a small part of the actual community can be found here. 

Tennos in-game are normally very friendly and helpful. Whenever I see MR1-4 players in my squad I ask how they like the game so far. I help out if I can and I tend to gift a booster or slots to noobs. And I am aware that many more veterans do the same. 

As for the forums. If you see some noob being bashed here try to be the nice grown-up tenno in the room and contact that noob directly. Give him/her a friendly advise for his problems. 

ok. thank you. I figured this might be the case. But you know how the internet goes, I guess. 

As someone already said, the forums don't represent the entire community.

Still, lots of good Tenno can be found around here, for example the other day a wonderful player told us how his experience with the game and the community helped him with his mental health and stress issues: "http:// https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1105205-thank-you/

However, if you are tired of some of the negativity around here, the Reddit community is very very nice and friendly.

I'll described how the people are in poetic way.

The sea is the life, the life of the people

Where they go, they shall go

From here to there, to there to here

even the garbage that was dump by people

the dumber chose they do the more toxic they'll be

left to right, right to left swishes waste to be snare to life

Now the people become toxic and now even more intoxicated then before

How drunk they are and how much they must drank this filth of black tar

Nothing will change no matter how great they claim to be

The sea is now dead how much filth was made

Even thou cleans the filth in fifth tries it will always go back as filth

Only few were stay clean and most will not ever shine with joy

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am just bored at the time being it just ppl who chose to be this toxic because they wanted to be even thou you clean them and try make them good person but it have to be willingly if they are willing to change it just like our ocean are for trash remain there and yet we get our trash on land even the people speak trash and created toxic afterward effect to other people and they become toxic like them.  Only way filter the people is showing good moral even thou it may put burden in showing good moral for its better then showing a bad moral is.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

"Warframe has the best community" is just a bunch of people circlejerking. There's toxicity in game but you just don't see much because it's not out in the open. There's also the fact that the game are separated by region and to some degree client language. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)FastestKnight said:

As someone already said, the forums don't represent the entire community.

Still, lots of good Tenno can be found around here, for example the other day a wonderful player told us how his experience with the game and the community helped him with his mental health and stress issues: "http:// https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1105205-thank-you/

However, if you are tired of some of the negativity around here, the Reddit community is very very nice and friendly.

The reddit community isn't all that much better either, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, (PS4)FastestKnight said:

When they aren't drumming war drums and trying to get moderators booted.

Not saying that some of the accusations aren't correct, just that I have personally witnessed witch hunts based solely on lies and exaggerations.

The reddit is far from being a shining beacon of the community.

• Like 2

I use the Ignore function and most of the "Toxic" (hate this word) posts are gone for me.

Now stupid questions, spammed crying about this that or the other, feedback being posted in General Discussion etc., these the ignore list can't really deal with.

This place ain't perfect, there are plenty of people willing to tell you how right they are and measure their e-peen, there are people who derail threads posting Popcorn gifs (I myself am guilty of this one) and there are people more than willing to just be generally awful people, but you'll find that anywhere, and if it isn't there then you may have a situation where people are getting banned for having any opinion at all.

Long story short, nowhere is perfect, make friends and ignore the general jerk-wads and should you not ignore the jerks then that's on you not the part of the community that isn't jerks.

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Not that I'm surprised, people just love using buzzword labels as an excuse to hate people different from you...which is so ironic it physically hurts.

Human nature. Toxic people are everywhere. They can be young or old, black or white, gay or straight (insert any weird dichotomy you want). 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Better to ignore people like that. They'll be entrenched in their own little world, and anyone who attempts to argue otherwise will in their mind just prove their point.

Fair enough.

Edited by Guest

This game is far from toxic, go to swtor sometime. All of the EA hate plus star wars alt righters, dems, repubs, furries, and whatever combo of that and more and perfectly mixed combined with all the whining and political rhetoric you can imagine, its literally enough to make you nauseated. 

Edited by Matheoryon
grammer

On 2019-06-28 at 3:00 PM, (NSW)Badger said:

I have never, ever seen so many supposedly 'open' people shouting and insulting one another over trivial differences of opinion. Warframe is a game, for fun. There's no reason to browbeat or to insult. We're all human beings. This community is supposedly one of the most welcoming, helpful and understanding in existence. Or so I was told... but one look through these forums proves that notion is wrong and replaces it with a hideous truth: the Warframe playerbase is just as toxic, hardheaded and egocentric as any other. I don't want to believe this but every single day I see a new post slagging off a newbie or just base tipedo-measuring. I know we're better than this. Let's be friends. Life is too short and extinction is too soon for us to be at one another's throats. This is the time to come together- to love and to help one another. We don't have many years left. Please don't spend them in anger. 

Slight issue with your assessment. 

The communities reputation is based off in game experiences and revolve around answering simple questions, offering taxis, providing long sought after items at low to no cost, etc. 

No one has ever said the forums was close to the same. 

That being said, you have contributed to the toxicity of the forums by making this topic.  You're bashing and condemning people with your generalizations and aren't offering any solutions or genuine insights.  You have, in no way short of rep gain, done nothing to improve the forums, only helped worsen them. 

GG

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

That being said, you have contributed to the toxicity of the forums by making this topic.  You're bashing and condemning people with your generalizations and aren't offering any solutions or genuine insights.  You have, in no way short of rep gain, done nothing to improve the forums, only helped worsen them. 

Amen.

On 2019-06-28 at 11:00 PM, (NSW)Badger said:

Seriously, if you think this place is toxic, count yourself lucky you never played World of Tanks (among others I could mention).

I've heard that League of Legends is also not a very nice place.

Compared to those communities, this place is a haven of peace and tranquility (even if it is partly because the mods are pretty on the ball, if anyone does step out of line).

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't just people becoming more dumb and snowflakey, rather than communities being "toxic"?

Just a thought, given the number of posts I see from people asking dumb questions (often in the wrong place) or bringing up subjects that have been debated to death, or else their posts are so badly written its hard to tell what they are talking about. Then they get all hurt and offended and complain about people being "toxic".

Most of the time, when I've seen people post well-presented thoughts or questions, the responses tend to be pretty good.

I get the strong impression that, despite Warframe being a 17+ mature rated game, there are a lot of players well under that age. It would certainly explain a lot of the immature nonsense you see on the forums.

Anyway, final thought: if you can't handle people being a bit salty on an internet forum, I just wonder how you handle people being mean to you IRL.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Every fandom has its vocal, loud and toxic component. It is all a matter of finding the right place to look. Even the most wholesome ones have it, and even the most supposedly vile have most of them being just fine. It's rarely more than a small percentage, just different amounts of public awareness.

Most Sonic fanart is beautiful, awesome or otherwise incredible. Most Undertale AU's are harmless and the best are truly worthwhile stories of their own. Even Tumblr has a pretty sizable wholesome side.

You get the exact same elitist garbage in Bojack Horseman as Rick and Morty. Rule 34 demands that weird, um, art applies to Kirby. Even Harry Potter has people who turned Quidditch into a real-life sport that requires you hold a broom between your legs.

On 2019-06-28 at 6:00 PM, (NSW)Badger said:

This community is supposedly one of the most welcoming, helpful and understanding in existence. 

It is. 

You're obviously new to game forums. Compared to most, this one is all butterflies and rainbows. Go check out some Blizzard forums. It'll be...illuminating. 

Now, you might be thinking this is a low bar and there'd be an element of truth to that. Nevertheless, the WF forums are quite civil as these sorts of things go. 

A friend once told me that if you like a game, stay away from its forums. The negativity there will quickly erode your experience. He wasn't wrong, but if you keep things in perspective they can still be useful sources of information. WF is one of the better ones. There are far, far worse places. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sloan441 said:

It is. 

You're obviously new to game forums. Compared to most, this one is all butterflies and rainbows. Go check out some Blizzard forums. It'll be...illuminating. 

Now, you might be thinking this is a low bar and there'd be an element of truth to that. Nevertheless, the WF forums are quite civil as these sorts of things go. 

A friend once told me that if you like a game, stay away from its forums. The negativity there will quickly erode your experience. He wasn't wrong, but if you keep things in perspective they can still be useful sources of information. WF is one of the better ones. There are far, far worse places. 

I don't know about that. Back in the day I was heavily involved in the Legend of the Five Rings forums, a ccg that is now defunct as the game has died. There is a remake game with the same license, it is just not very good and destroyed many aspects of the game that made it unique and dynamic, in fact it is a completely different game with a l5r skin. I played L5r for years, and the community there was very welcoming and helpful, even on the forums, heck, especially on the forums because that is where new players go for information and help. Hell, we'd give rare cards to new players just to get more people into the game- and really, how many Sneak Attacks did you really need beyond 3 (Shoutout to those that remember this game). We would even travel to other cities for kotei (regional tournaments with story and physical prizes, as the story was interactive with the decisions of the playerbase and those who won major tournaments) and crash on other people's floors for free just because we were all very welcoming and interested in the playerbase. Hell, I even slept on the lead designer's living room floor on two separate occasions. I got very interested in Warframe once it was announced for switch and after watching the NoClip documentary series regarding it. But then I came here and was disappointed- maybe because of my earlier experience with the L5r community. Hell, I even spent thousands of my own dollars on prizes for the several kotei that I ran, just because my wife and I loved the community so much we wanted to give back. So when I saw a lot of what I would consider "YouTube comments" I became quite alarmed. To be honest I've had nothing but a great experience in-game. I'm to the point now where I'm helping new players, giving away rare mods and prime parts just like I did for l5r. I love helping new people and fostering a feeling of community. I'm glad that it seems that most of the folks here are like you, willing to communicate instead of yell or insult. 

Edited by (NSW)Badger

Well long story short the forums is not the entire community ( and also not the game ^.^ ) 

That being said not all part of the forums are toxic and not all tenno here either. I do see why some tenno may come as such but honestly it feels like the girl i saw in a mosh pit last week. She was unhappy of being dragged into it so she started punching people. Well she got punched back by someone sooner or later and wondered what happen. We dont see how many tenno moves on without being toxic and we dont remember the non toxic one. Only the worst one shines above all.

Be the change tenno not just someone punching people at random in a mosh pit expecting to not get hit back.

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 1

En 28/6/2019 a las 17:00, (NSW)Badger dijo:

the Warframe playerbase is just as toxic, hardheaded and egocentric as any other.

Oh man you have never played League of Legends...

Advise: Don't.

Edited by D_Caedus
  • Like 1