The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random people joining the ESO after 8th rotation

Zakkhar

I had this happen to me at least 3 times so far.

I do a lot of ESO to focus farm. I go on public due to this (more enemies to kill, plus I can carry anyone so lets say I am pro community).

My team usually leaves before or on 8th wave. After that I am alone on couple of waves and suddenly someone joins me (not on my friendlist, not my clanmate).

This week, someone joined me on wave 12.

I did not notice the name but looking at the Leadership table I assume it is the guy who "robbed" me of my 5th place, while producing zero effort of his own.

https://imgur.com/a/JSyx15C

Edited by Zakkhar

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

This week, someone joined me on wave 12.

Was it one of the same player that started at wave 1? If yes, it might not be a bug. This was just the other player that got mission unexpectedly interrupted from lost connection, game crashes, or BSOD. (edit: OR by going to task manager, Details tab, End task Warframe.x64)  They might get an option to rejoin to the same squad on next log in.

Was there a host migration in a middle of mission? If yes, there might be a bug where host migration might put some players to wrong squad, wrong mission.

Edited by sam686

There was no host migration. If you get host migration in ESO you can say bye bye to wave 12 because you get into loading screen at 100% and get back at 50% ish if you are lucky.

All the players left before wave 9 (some earlier). Whether they got disconnected at the end of a wave or just chose not to continue I have no means to distinguish.