Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr is very lackluster and got broken(bugged) with the new melee

DeathGold

Despite Valkyr being the favorite frame of many (me included) she is definitely on the bad end of the spectrum when it comes to frames and their utility/power here are some of her problems
1) her 4 even if it had 1 Million base damage, her 4 doesn't reach as much as other frames and with this fast clearing current meta, having a lot of damage isn't enough if you don't have enough reach to back it up, and reach isn't something you can achieve with a pair of claws, her invincibility is basically crap now  because you're vulnerable if you're trying to aim-glide (thank melee 3.0) and if you ever casted her 2 during her ult and right clicked even by mistake you're basically vulnerable and a sitting duck because you're stuck in that animation 😄

2) her kit is basically contradicting itself in terms of stat priority (her 3 is useless without range but none of her other powers actually want it) if you want to go CC with full range her 3 won't work coz the knockdown force is too low (that weird stat on her 3) 

3) Ripline do you even use this, even for mobility it isn't a reliable tool let alone cc (CC is bad nowadays let alone a single target cc that lock you into an animation ) 

4) Warcry is basically a buff that you set and forget, it's boring and doesn't offer anything unique (wisp do that harrow do that volt do that her armor buff is nice but that's it, you can't actually use it reliably as a CC because you don't want range on your build (another contradiction) and you can't even recast it , so basically the more duration you have the less times you can cast that as a cc
in the end all of her abilities don't work well together and her passive is useless because you're gonna be either invincible (you can't get knocked down during her ult) or nearly invincible with just her 2 active, her gameplay is boring even by old Wukong standards and for people wanting a melee frames there are better options (chroma is the top weapon heavy frame both boosting offense and defense, the new Wukong let you have fire support if you're focusing on melee while also having an exalted that actually reach enemies, volt if you're going for attack speed + movement speed so that you can close gaps with enemies if you're using short ranged weapons, any stealth frame if you're going for big big numbers, Inaros if your problem is defense because nothing can kill Inaros if he's not totally afk ect...) 
i know Vauban is next in line for a rework but please DE give Valkyr some love after his revisit is finished, because it's a shame to let her visual design (that prime skin and all the tennogen) go to waste, current frames have clear synergy between all 4 of their powers while this Kitty has to sacrifice half of her kit to use the other half and it feels like a waste of energy to press her powers 

• Like 2

One thing I kinda want for ripline is for it to do the opposite of what it does now when you hit someone with it and yes, I absolutely use her ripline for mobility... But what I kinda want the ripline to do is get me into that next fight asap. So I'd like ripline as a combat weapon to kinda have a larger area of targeting, instead of a little pinpoint, a wide area, if you move the crosshair towards a target it will try to ripline the target most directly in the middle of the screen instead of demanding absolute precision. Once that target is snagged, I want valkyr to be yanked toward that target instead of that target being pulled towards her, basically sending her flying at the enemy where on impact she will "slide" on the unlucky target and go instantly into a finisher if the weapon equipped has finishers. For instance with claws upon impacting the target you will enter that stance of kneeling over the target and mauling them with repeated jabs from both hands.

Warcry is more or less fine as it is though it would be nice if they would replace paralysis with the ability to recast warcry on demand and give her something completely different in that node. Maybe something critical or status based? Or maybe something that ties into her 4... Like for every enemy killed by melee while under the effect of that skill awards energy, which can then be spent on hysteria?

I think for her hysteria she needs another stance... I'd like to see her claws get much more range or else a hit assist system which is something all short range weapons need........... Honestly I think it would be kinda cool if her 4 caused her to turn into some kind of giant kavat that runs around mauling everything it can find. But the animal attack animations are pretty lame in Warframe so if they did that they would have to do a lot of work on the pets animations in the process Right now kavats and kubrows kinda wander over and the enemy takes damage or something.......... I hear they're working on a pets rework and I hope it's something decent cause it's needed badly.

8 minutes ago, twitch.tv_Mythraen said:

No, Vauban needed it the most, but he is slated for a rework too. I think Wukong got priority because his prime is coming out.

Wukong had 3 useless abilities.

Vauban's problem is the redundancy of his kit coupled with the fact that he lacks damage. Wukong needed a rework more, followd by Vauban, then Ember and Chroma

theres another issue with her regarding the melee changes, which may be a universal issue, using a block combo(now an aim combo i guess) causes you to end it by unsheathing ur gun when you stop doing melee attacks, even if u let go of the aim button long before stopping with the meleeing, so in valkyr's case, she'll randomly pull out her gun and lose her invulnerability, not very fun when a shotgun corpus takes advantage of this little bug

58 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

vauban has 2 useless abilities, a passive that makes no sense on him, and 2 abilities that try to accomplish a similar CC purpose, plus wukong didnt have 3 useless abilities, primal fury wasnt a good exalted weapon ability but it was far from useless

Regardless, both needed help, one got it, now onto booben, ember and chroma(who despite being 'good' is a badly designed frame)

Edited by TKDancer

Dude, what?

Hysteria executes enemies instantly now. It's amazing. Obv not intended but strong.

Her 3rd ability is kinda pointless now. Least for a perma Hysteria but it hardly got used till lvl 400 anyways.

Valkyr has always been "meh" outside Hysteria but the melee changes helped her a bit with that auto-parry. I mean it's not going to stop me from using perma Hysteria even if I can no longer glide-roll but it's a lil better. She needed a buff way before her Prime but instead got nerfed and players still white knight her for some reason.

18 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Dude, what?

Hysteria executes enemies instantly now. It's amazing. Obv not intended but strong.

Her 3rd ability is kinda pointless now. Least for a perma Hysteria but it hardly got used till lvl 400 anyways.

Valkyr has always been "meh" outside Hysteria but the melee changes helped her a bit with that auto-parry. I mean it's not going to stop me from using perma Hysteria even if I can no longer glide-roll but it's a lil better. She needed a buff way before her Prime but instead got nerfed and players still white knight her for some reason.

Can you explain how it instant kills now? 

39 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Can you explain how it instant kills now? 

Normally charge attack for Hysteria does 300% x2 damage. Since the melee rework it does Finisher damage.

She's gained the Sparring weapon charge attack perk and due to her attack speed she often does it at random very quickly.

This is a completely un-modded Hysteria one-shotting a 165 Heavy gunner. Does 117k to both a 165 Gunner and a 165 Prod Crewman.

WkgdUex.jpg

Stack mod speed along with Valkyr's attack speed and she just randomly one shots without even trying to charge because the speed is so fast.

11 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Normally charge attack for Hysteria does 300% x2 damage. Since the melee rework it does Finisher damage.

She's gained the Sparring weapon charge attack perk and due to her attack speed she often does it at random very quickly.

This is a completely un-modded Hysteria one-shotting a 165 Heavy gunner. Does 117k to both a 165 Gunner and a 165 Prod Crewman.

WkgdUex.jpg

Stack mod speed along with Valkyr's attack speed and she just randomly one shots without even trying to charge because the speed is so fast.

Interesting. I'll have to look out for that 

13 hours ago, Xzorn said:

i thought the charged attack stomps opened enemies for finishers? like way before the melee 2.5 changes

anyways, i'd really like to see hysteria being changed from invincibility to DR and her talons given more range, maybe have the range on them scale with how long u've had hysteria activated

another thing that'd be interesting would be some ripline changes so that using it to pull an enemy could be followed by a special finisher

19 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i thought the charged attack stomps opened enemies for finishers? like way before the melee 2.5 changes

It may have now that I think of it. I think the charge attack came late 2015 but it certainly never did it randomly while attacking enemies.

The animation is slightly different. The charge starts with the sparring leg up knock down animation while the one that happens in mid attack for her skips the leg action and just grabs the enemy and executes. I made a video showing the difference. You'll want to slow the playback cuz it's quick even though I dropped atk speed some.

The last attack is a manual Charge Attack to show the difference in speed.

The only ‘broken’ I’ve noticed was the glitch that locks your hands at your side, unable to use any weapons/abilities/operator once you’re out of hysteria.

I’ve had it so bad I had to die in order to reset.

Though, this isn’t just Valkyr. Mesa, Excalibur/Umbra as well. Noticed it with Wukong recently, too.

On 2019-06-30 at 11:49 AM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Vauban's problem is the redundancy of his kit coupled with the fact that he lacks damage. Wukong needed a rework more, followd by Vauban, then Ember and Chroma

Don’t forget Nyx and Revenant, being very lackluster and just needing improvements.

the fact that Hysteria one shots enemies is meaningless, doing 1 finisher at a time isn't time effective, in the meantime some one like saryn would have killed a whole map while you did 3 finisher animations, single target damage is useless in this game (especially on valkyr because the harder bosses are immune to her claws) 

EDIT 

4 hours ago, (PS4)SnowstormShotgun said:

Don’t forget Nyx and Revenant, being very lackluster and just needing improvements.

you people really think revenant is lackluster ? he has the infinite scaling damage, the strongest invincibility in the game, a massive AoE that scales with the damage you take, and a nice CC. we don't have the same definition of lackluster, he even have armor stripping when needed WTF ? (also nyx need a rework but that's more of her kit being centered arround an  off meta mechanic that's why meanwhile valkyr has a kit that is useless compared to other and that doesn't bring anything unique) have you ever tried excalibur with the blade augment ? that's what real exalted weapons should be like 

Edited by DeathGold

Doing massive single target damage isn't meaningless. She's also not completely single target.

That's not to say she isn't in bad shape outside perma Hysteria but comparing every ability to street sweepers like Saryn doesn't make much of an argument. Valkyr can face tank lvl 400 MoT Bombard rockets and obliterate those same Bombards in a second. Is ignis powerful when I spin in circles and clean rooms of lvl 60's or is Zephyr powerful for clearing out lvl 2,000 enemies? Next I supposed CL dagger (one of the more broken game mechanics) is useless?

If anything the fault is that you're not fighting high enough level enemies. You can claim the fault or rightfully blame DE, either works. It all matters where and what you play. I wouldn't take Garuda to a boss fight just as I wouldn't take Chroma to a Defense mission.

I only perma Hysteria Valkyr for a reason but don't go dissing that cuz it's strong.....  and there are no hard bosses in Warframe.

8 hours ago, DeathGold said:

you people really think revenant is lackluster ? he has the infinite scaling damage, the strongest invincibility in the game, a massive AoE that scales with the damage you take, and a nice CC. we don't have the same definition of lackluster, he even have armor stripping when needed WTF ? (also nyx need a rework but that's more of her kit being centered arround an  off meta mechanic that's why meanwhile valkyr has a kit that is useless compared to other and that doesn't bring anything unique) have you ever tried excalibur with the blade augment ? that's what real exalted weapons should be like 

There are several reasons people take issue with revenant. Most of it is indeed personal opinion. But the main mechanical issue is his thralls. Everything about them from how revenant interacts with them to how they play out is just poor. 

Sure. He can do decent damage. Sure he can technically ohk any non boss enemy. Sure he's the only frame that can abuse self damage setups hard. No one is arguing that he can't do things.

Same goes for Baruuk. He has value. He just doesn't do well.