Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vapos Elite Ranger Eximus

(PSN)Rappy-Prime

I currently have 4/5 scans on this enemy and have been stuck like this for 3 days. Each day i run a survival on Jupiter to scan this enemy finding atleast 2 each time. I scan them, complete mission and check my codex only to find it still says 4/5. Hopefully you can address this bug, need to finish up codex.

Hey Ryan

Yeah I've ran into the same issue but I got a possible explanation. When you look into the codex Vapos Elite Ranger Eximus is the only "Ranger" type of Vapos enemy appearing in the codex. However when you look at the names of the enemies that appear as Rangers, you have a variation of 5:

Vapos Elite Ranger (Eximus) 

Vapos Detron Ranger (Eximus) 

Vapos Sniper Ranger (Eximus) 

Vapos Tech Ranger (Eximus) 

Vapos Nullifier Ranger (Eximus) 

I've also a few times gotten scans on a Ranger Eximus enemy, but it didn't count progression to the Vapos Elite Ranger Eximus, so my guess is that it was one of the 4 other variants of Ranger enemies that spawn but which do not appear in the codex (as of yet). So keep it up cause you'll finish them likely you was unlucky with the type of enemy I finished them recently so I can confirm it's not completely bugged. 

Edited by ImNotReadyToDie

Thank you so much for responding. After reading your post i decided to give it one more try and pay very close attention to the weapons they weild to help determine which variant i was finding. The Elite Rangers have tetras or exgergis btw. So when my 1st eximus spawned he had a tetra and i knew he was elite, however he showed yellow like he was already completed. Eximus 2 and 3 were the exact same. It was not until Eximus 5 that a exergis wielding elite showed up and he was red. I scanned him and returned to find my codex complete. So it appears your theory was correct with a slight tweak. Only the exergis wielding elite rangers will count towards your codex. So glad to be done thank you so much for your help.

• 2 years later...