Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum is worse

nokinoks

Before the simulacrum was pretty meh, it had holes everywhere and clearly that shows that whoever designed it wanted it to "look" cool instead of being usable. Apart from the level and not having a lot of features, the simulacrum was alright, it was usable (except for those holes). But since the update a few months ago, it just got worse.

1.) The lighting is too dark.

I'm playing on low settings and the simulacrum is just too dark! Was this not tested or even worse, tested and they thought it was okay?

2.) Number/set of enemies you summon doesn't stay.

Before if you choose an enemy or a set of enemies, the number was saved. Now if you go back to the panel you will see that the number changes depending on the enemy left alive but I have never experienced it go back up to the original number and in any case it's always easier to kill enemies then summon a new batch (with the old system) than it is now. Now you gotta kill enemies, click on the faction you want, click on the enemy then click on the amount. Basically with the old system you had to do that once (in a lot of cases) then just press two buttons each time you go back to the panel, kill (clear) then summon. Now you gotta do the choosing over and over and over and over again.

3.) Why are there still holes?

Just plug the holes! Enemies falling in the middle of the map, players falling in the middle of the map, everyone is falling in the middle of the map!

Suggestions

Plug the hole, fix the lighting and if you want to keep the new spawning system then please add a button we can press to "revert to original  number" or something like that. Or just use the old system.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, nokinoks said:

Before the simulacrum was pretty meh, it had holes everywhere and clearly that shows that whoever designed it wanted it to "look" cool instead of being usable. Apart from the level and not having a lot of features, the simulacrum was alright, it was usable (except for those holes). But since the update a few months ago, it just got worse.

1.) The lighting is too dark.

I'm playing on low settings and the simulacrum is just too dark! Was this not tested or even worse, tested and they thought it was okay?

This is new to me its more bright on my end are you sure its not because of the low settings why its dark? 

2.) Number/set of enemies you summon doesn't stay.

Before if you choose an enemy or a set of enemies, the number was saved. Now if you go back to the panel you will see that the number changes depending on the enemy left alive but I have never experienced it go back up to the original number and in any case it's always easier to kill enemies then summon a new batch (with the old system) than it is now. Now you gotta kill enemies, click on the faction you want, click on the enemy then click on the amount. Basically with the old system you had to do that once (in a lot of cases) then just press two buttons each time you go back to the panel, kill (clear) then summon. Now you gotta do the choosing over and over and over and over again.

This I will agree with it needs to have a continuous spawn mode, or spawn for a number of waves etc.

Just plug the holes! Enemies falling in the middle of the map, players falling in the middle of the map, everyone is falling in the middle of the map!

Suggestions

Plug the hole, fix the lighting and if you want to keep the new spawning system then please add a button we can press to "revert to original  number" or something like that. Or just use the old system.

Honestly nothing is wrong with the holes my main concern is that the map is quite too small they could expand it and you wouldn't notice holes anymore

Simulacrum needs a update for sure. Just turn it into the giant clan parkour room. Empty, maybe 1 prebuilt design you can default to. But you can change it however you want. Make new set pieces unique to the VR training scene you can find throughout the game so the room itself give players a unique completion system.

• Like 1

1 thing I want is allowing to spawn all bosses in the simulacrum (includes Eidolons and Orb Mothers) so we can experiment with builds we never used before. They could just make the bosses have no AI but they could still be damaged.

• Like 1

I agree that Simulacrum still needs some work done, I believe anyone who actually use it will agree on that.

Some ideas:

1. Simulacrum maps. Similar to how Mastery Rank tests use different maps, allowing us to change amongst several different Simulacrum maps in real time would be a huge improvement to test different types of scenarios, abilities, weapons, etc.

2. Enemy Loadouts. Similar to Weapon Loadouts, saving different enemy presets and choosing them from a menu or drop down list instead of choosing each enemy one by one every time would be a huge improvement. 

3. More advanced options. Adding more options to the control panel like automatic replenish AND infinite; energy, enemy respawns, health, shields, enemy health, ammo, pet/sentinel behaviour, enemy aggro towards each individual player, level of specters summoned, multiple combinations of 4 different auras, etc would make very useful changes. As an example in order to test Chroma's Vex Armor one must take damage, in which case the invulnerability option gets in the way, automatic AND infinite health options would be more useful in these cases.

4. Choosing where to spawn enemies, and increase enemy spawn limit. Giving freedom to spawn enemies wherever we want, not just a couple preset places. Mayb even allowing us to make actual enemy spawn spots like with spawn rooms in real missions.

5. Control Panel in Esc menu. Integrating the Simulacrum control panel in Esc menu just like Arsenal would make a huge QOL change.

Also, I miss the floating pillars far on the horizon, they used to be great for PvP in Simulacrum, PvP in Simulacrum was more fun than it will ever be on conclave, but because they removed those floating pillars the Simulacrum map is so small now, and PvP in Simulacrum has become boring.

Edited by D_Caedus

On 2019-06-30 at 10:19 AM, Son_of_Anubis said:

This is new to me its more bright on my end are you sure its not because of the low settings why its dark? 

probably the low setting, but that shouldn't matter as they should've noticed this in QA.

On 2019-06-30 at 10:19 AM, Son_of_Anubis said:

Honestly nothing is wrong with the holes my main concern is that the map is quite too small they could expand it and you wouldn't notice holes anymore

The problem is that 1, it's not useful, 2, it gets in the way when meleeing and enemies are falling rather than dying with the weapon you used.

Of course this is just on my end, it's really the fact that spawn setting keeps resetting itself depending on the number of enemies left on the field is the universally idiotic decision DE made that made simulacrum worse for everyone.

i agree and i'd like to ad , you shouldn't have to goto a relay to access it, if you built the key to goto the Simulacrum , you should also be able to go directly from the controls in your ship.. 

and not for nothing but you should be able to spawn enemies on a dozen different maps that are in actual gameplay. not exactly hard to implement..

• Like 1

On 2019-07-11 at 11:58 PM, (XB1)ADRENALIN said:

i agree and i'd like to ad , you shouldn't have to goto a relay to access it, if you built the key to goto the Simulacrum , you should also be able to go directly from the controls in your ship.. 

and not for nothing but you should be able to spawn enemies on a dozen different maps that are in actual gameplay. not exactly hard to implement..

yes this is true, I'm actually thinking why they didn't just allow us to access several tiles already in-game rather than making a new one. There's already spawning points built in to those maps as well. While there will be loading, I think some work around can be done to just reset the enemies so you only have to load the map once.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I cant stress that enough. PLUG THOSE HOLES PLEASE!!!
Or make the etire map space BIGGER. There are plenty of templates out there in warframe for us to play around it.  Have you guys considered turning the expansion areas into a tenno playground? Like Paintball pvp fights ragdoll races in the plains and even hoverboard skate parks! How bout a game of Tag? We already do it with Limbos, it would be fun to have an official warframe version of tag in the simulacrum. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 2019-08-21 at 1:19 PM, InsidiousLord said:

I second covering up the holes or at least expanding the simulacrum into a bigger map. 

Themes would be nice too. 

But overall a bigger space so everything doesn't get flung off the map would be awesome! 

yeah, spin2win isn't a winning move in Simulacrum. Of course there are ways to avoid it but why is it even there in the first place??

On 2019-06-30 at 2:55 AM, nokinoks said:

lol this currently my main issue with the Simulacrum, I want to test how my damage goes, not how fast I can throw enemies off a cliff........

• Like 1

On 2019-08-28 at 10:59 PM, ZarTham said:

lol this currently my main issue with the Simulacrum, I want to test how my damage goes, not how fast I can throw enemies off a cliff........

But DE doesn't seem to want to do anything about it for some reason. we already have captura and all maps already have spawn points, I don't know why they won't just tweak those to become new simulacrum or just plug the god damned holes.