Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question on Nora Night

TroubleCraft

I'm not a very active member of the forum, so if this topic is in the wrong place forgive me.
So I've been thinking about Nora, the new character we can hear from on the radio that gives us rewards for doing tasks as a replacement for those extra xp missions we once had, and I don't understand something.

Is she a Tenno?
It might be obvious to some of you, but I'm not the smartest man in the world.

What do you think?

It really feels like she's either a Tenno or from the Corpus, seeing as nobody else except mainly Sentient Mimics could look... human? I don't know how to explain it.
I might've missed something that gives it away, but oh well.

Shes the DJ from the cult film The Warriors.

from the movie wiki " The D.J. is an unnamed African-American woman, who runs a radio program that all the gangs, and some of the city, tunes into. She is known to be seemingly omniscient. "

They don't explain her origins,intent or motivation in the film either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firetempest said:

from the movie wiki " The D.J. is an unnamed African-American woman, who runs a radio program that all the gangs, and some of the city, tunes into. She is known to be seemingly omniscient. "

Huh... interesting.

So she's got no faction?

3 minutes ago, TroubleCraft said:

Huh... interesting.

So she's got no faction?

She seems independent. But definitely uses Tenno.

"Nora is all about incetivizin'."

"Get comfy, Dreamers. One of our own believes they are the equal of our foe and, baby, they are actin' like it."

"Nora sleeps better knowing her Dreamers are out there, workin' to lift us up."

"Well, it's a lazy night between the stars for you and me, while out there the System is still on fire. Grineer on Corpus, Corpus on Infested - and in between the little people like you and me, well, we're just tryin' not to get stepped on. Here's to us, Dreamers."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

I've got a feeling she's Orokin in nature.

Hide contents

The Grineer Queens also call the Tenno "Dreamers", and they're also Orokin.

YfW she turns out to be Margulis in disguise and was never really executed and hiding out this whole time.

And Ponies roam the stars in SPACE

11 minutes ago, Slayer_of_PCs said:

I’d love it if what we’ve seen of Nora is really just a growth on the back of an ancient infested. 

Like prophet of regret on gravemind.

284?cb=20170823153837

Nevermind those infested, Dreamers. Keep weakening those corpus and grineer.

5 hours ago, TroubleCraft said:

Huh... interesting.

So she's got no faction?

She's her own faction, for now. That's why she's a syndicate unto herself. 

Between you and me I figure she's another mimic sent to subvert us away from the lotus. I don't really trust her, but I am taking the rewards, walking quietly, and carrying a big stick. 

she is a totally disjointed character that does not belong in the tenno universe, simply copy/pasted into the tenno universe complete with "our-times" speech transplanted into the far far future because reasons, it just doesn't fit, if they made her more in tune with the world she is supposed to belong to as well as increase her vocabulary she would be far less annoying (unless they have added the option to shut her up like ordis and i didnt realise?)

She's a gimmick, whose sole purpose is of filling the role of narrator over some random nonsensical story (Grineer making use of prison labour? Really?!) that DE decided to come up with. She has no backstory, no point of origin and no ties to any existing factions in the Warframe universe.

From what I remember, DE mentioned her being associated with the Empyrean, be it a faction within the Empyrean story or the Empyrean itself being the faction. Considering the amount of factions we currently have, my guess is she will be the new Lotus, operating as the leader of a faction and as our official guide. I'm also thinking Teshin will work with her too

5 minutes ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

From what I remember, DE mentioned her being associated with the Empyrean, be it a faction within the Empyrean story or the Empyrean itself being the faction. Considering the amount of factions we currently have, my guess is she will be the new Lotus, operating as the leader of a faction and as our official guide. I'm also thinking Teshin will work with her too

Well that's a terrifying guess. Makes little sense and would be an incredibly polarizing decision. She is an awful character because all she simply is is as the two posts said above yours, she's just a relatively out of place reference to a movie. A gimmick with potentially very annoying voice lines.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

Nora is bar far the most annoying chatterbox in Warframe and you cannot switch her annoying rambling off.

You will have to turn off the entire game instead, so that's what I have done - I used to play WF on a daily basis until Nora and the god awful no fun to play Nightwave system replaced the quick alert system that was successful for 6 years.

I cannot remember the last time I logged in to play WF because it's not worth it anymore.

On 2019-06-30 at 10:13 AM, Firetempest said:

I like it.

I think some things are best left unexplained. Lets us use our imaginations as to who she is and what her intentions are.

Whoever she is, she does seem to have a vested interest in us and our wellbeing.

Personally, I like to think she is an alternate manifestation of Lotus / Natah, given that she showed up shortly after Spacemom left us. Maybe using some eldritch Sentient powers, she created the persona of Nora Night to keep an eye on us and guide us, while she is trying to deal with her parents.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Well that's a terrifying guess. Makes little sense and would be an incredibly polarizing decision. She is an awful character because all she simply is is as the two posts said above yours, she's just a relatively out of place reference to a movie. A gimmick with potentially very annoying voice lines.

Except she's not out of place. A pirate radio host from a rebel faction, alerting freedom fighters of enemy activity and providing Intel on elite criminal dealings. She tracked the Wolf for us and disclosed information on Alad V and the sentient project (sentient Wolf) which was a nice prologue to Gas City. 

Yes, the concept is from "The Warriors" movie but her existence in Warframe makes sense to me, especially considering our world is about to change with Empyrean.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

You will have to turn off the entire game instead, so that's what I have done - I used to play WF on a daily basis until Nora and the god awful no fun to play Nightwave system replaced the quick alert system that was successful for 6 years.

I think you can turn her off. Can't check it right now, but I remember an option either in the Nightwave menu, or somewhere in the options. I'm not entirely sure though, haven't tried muting her myself (I'm the one weirdo here who actually likes her speaking).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I think you can turn her off. Can't check it right now, but I remember an option either in the Nightwave menu, or somewhere in the options. I'm not entirely sure though, haven't tried muting her myself (I'm the one weirdo here who actually likes her speaking).

Me too. To each their own. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)GEN-Son_17 said:

Except she's not out of place. A pirate radio host from a rebel faction, alerting freedom fighters of enemy activity and providing Intel on elite criminal dealings. She tracked the Wolf for us and disclosed information on Alad V and the sentient project (sentient Wolf) which was a nice prologue to Gas City. 

Yes, the concept is from "The Warriors" movie but her existence in Warframe makes sense to me, especially considering our world is about to change with Empyrean.

Her role is not out of place. She is out of place. She's a complete outlier, an odd character who doesn't fit anywhere within the game's universe. Nobody speaks like her, where did her accent/mannerisms come from? Certainly not from the Orokin, certainly not from the Corpus, certainly not from the Grineer, and certainly not any civilian populations from Cetus or Fortuna.

I'll give her this much at least: until DE explains where she comes from, she'll just be an annoyance to me. Her concept is neat, I like "mysterious pirate radio host". I don't like "sassy woman who appeared out of nowhere with absolutely no contextual background source" because it feels forced, especially as just a blatant reference. One off references are fun, but designing a game around "wouldn't it be cool if we added things just like the movies/media we watch?" sucks.

39 minutes ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Her role is not out of place. She is out of place. She's a complete outlier, an odd character who doesn't fit anywhere within the game's universe. Nobody speaks like her, where did her accent/mannerisms come from? Certainly not from the Orokin, certainly not from the Corpus, certainly not from the Grineer, and certainly not any civilian populations from Cetus or Fortuna.

I'll give her this much at least: until DE explains where she comes from, she'll just be an annoyance to me. Her concept is neat, I like "mysterious pirate radio host". I don't like "sassy woman who appeared out of nowhere with absolutely no contextual background source" because it feels forced, especially as just a blatant reference. One off references are fun, but designing a game around "wouldn't it be cool if we added things just like the movies/media we watch?" sucks.

Konzu speaks like a western Native American.

Baro speaks like an aristocrat.

Eudico has an Australian accent.

Little Duck? London hard accent.

Darvo speaks with a European accent.

Nora speaks with an east coast African American accent.

That aside, we haven't been introduced to her story yet. The fact you don't like the WAY she speaks and you can it "sassy" is interesting.

Edited by (PS4)GEN-Son_17
Grammar error

Aside from the weird complaints, I've noticed someinteresting things about her:

1) Her neck looks robotic, but not like the Fortuna people. 

2) When she speaks, an LED lights up per word, similar to the Arbiters of Hexis.

3) She speaks of gatherings, dating and knows the tenno as dreamers and "one of our own". Perhaps a tenno only faction?

4) Lastly, and a bit far fetched, is regarding the sentinels. They were "discovered" and found to be remarkably faithful to us seem to know how to interact to our needs. Perhaps this also leads to a tenno group or faction?