Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was i in the wrong here for using Limbo?

Nordgaard

Just finished a Infested excavation, with 3 other randoms, 1 limbo (me) and 3 other frost players. i have a decent amount of range on my 4 ( the ability that i used) The other frost players also used their defensive abilities.

Was i in the wrong here by using my warframe like this? or was he in the wrong by threatening to report me for what i assumed was the normal way to play the game.   

I included the chat from the game in the images ( )

Edited by Nordgaard
Edit: Removed images of chat because i didn't censor names

1. edit the images to not show names. Currently it's name and shame and can get you in trouble

2. as long as you don't troll/prevent the objective you are allowed to play like you want. Especially on pugs.

edit addition for #2: You are allowed to play slow Nova in defenses no matter what pugs say even if it slows down the mission and annoys everyone. In Recruit groups, in which the host usually sets the rules, you have to obey most of the time since you accepted the terms to get invited (If Host asks for a speed Nova you are trolling by actively using a Slow Nova and they can report you)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

1. I recommend covering those names up to not name and shame in the forums

2. Its not your fault but limbo is just a silly warframe with the ability to stop players from doing anything and its broken like that. Thats why I dont use him or like him, but he does have uses and my self understand hes a viable warframe. Even though me personally hate him. But otherwise how you play warframe is up too you, and DE needs to remove that issue with limbo stopping other players from doing actions, you are completely fine and if they report you its a false report.

3. Even though this is quite toxic, but at the same time hes just probably frustrated because of Point 2. Again not your fault just how the game is designed and I hope they change it. 

But as I said above cover the names, and either just move on or make a report. But I go with the better man and just walk away unless a report actually did happen then use this as evidence.

Edited by Exlodian_Akitora

I'd say yes you were in the wrong,  you were using limbo. 

/s

Seriously though, a high range limbo in excavations is not great.  Similarly,  frost bubbles vs infested are a bit dumb, they don't shoot guns and run straight into the bubble so all it ends up doing is protecting the very enemies you're trying to kill.  I wish frost players would realise that in most gameplay, defense included, bubbles are not required. 

Khora or Gara are much better ideas for excavation vs infested.

• Like 4

On 2019-06-30 at 2:43 AM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

I'd say yes you were in the wrong,  you were using limbo. 

/s

Seriously though, a high range limbo in excavations is not great.  Similarly,  frost bubbles vs infested are a bit dumb, they don't shoot guns and run straight into the bubble so all it ends up doing is protecting the very enemies you're trying to kill.  I wish frost players would realise that in most gameplay, defense included, bubbles are not required. 

Khora or Gara are much better ideas for excavation vs infested.

Let a guy enjoy warframe way he wants. Am I not allowed to play ash when I run around in any mission? DE designed warframe for players choice to enjoy the game they want. cut the slack dude, I hate limbo too but doesn't mean others cant enjoy him.

Just now, Exlodian_Akitora said:

Let a guy enjoy warframe way he wants. Am I not allowed to play ash when I run around in any mission? DE designed warframe for players choice to enjoy the game they want. cut the slack dude, I hate limbo too but doesn't mean others cant enjoy him.

What?  I never said don't play limbo, or any frame for that matter.  I said he's not the best (he isn't )  and said there were better options (there are).   Maybe you missed the /s.

Chill dude.

• Like 7

On 2019-06-30 at 2:47 AM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

What?  I never said don't play limbo, or any frame for that matter.  I said he's not the best (he isn't )  and said there were better options (there are).   Maybe you missed the /s.

Chill dude.

With the "I'd say yes you were in the wrong,  you were using limbo. " part doesn't exactly fill me with confidence you understand why I am not liking your comment, saying hes the one in the wrong for enjoying the game, and playing a warframe he enjoys. Yeah alot of warframes are not great for things, but its fun gameplay wise for that person using. So as I said above, "Let a guy enjoy warframe way he wants"

On 2019-06-30 at 2:51 AM, CaptainMeowth said:

Not in an hight level mission where teamwork is important.

Then maybe not join in with randoms then? and also besides alot of players can use stuff like limbo and other warframes for high lvl missions easily even if they aren't the greatest for it.

1 minute ago, CaptainMeowth said:

Not in an hight level mission where teamwork is important.

What mission is this?  Only time teamwork was important at high levels was...Raids.  

19 minutes ago, Nordgaard said:

Just finished a Infested excavation, with 3 other randoms, 1 limbo (me) and 3 other frost players. i have a decent amount of range on my 4 ( the ability that i used) The other frost players also used their defensive abilities.

Was i in the wrong here by using my warframe like this? or was he in the wrong by threatening to report me for what i assumed was the normal way to play the game.   

I included the chat from the game in the images

You were not in the wrong.  Running public means you get what you get and as long as you played the game and didn't troll anyone, based on the information provided, there is nothing report worthy here. 

Drop them on ignore and keep playing.  99% chance you will never run into them again. 

If it were a normal excavation, I'd say no.

Since the example seems to be an Arbitration judging by the other player's comments, I'd advise against doing it in future. Arbitration Drones can't be put in the rift (and IIRC they can pull other units out of it), which means they can't be attacked unless you are outside of the cataclysm. As a result, the bubble can be quite a nuisance, especially with increased range. If you're going to play Limbo in arbitrations, at least keep the range small.

• Like 2

Second chat image, line 3. Seems that mate have problem shooting down arbitration drones. So is an arbitration, not a regular mission.

If it works as i think, and you do it on propouse, I don't know if it is reportable, but definetly you are a bad mate. As vauban blocking coop door. May be funny with friends, but questionable with randoms

I never played with a limbo in arbitration, but as the drones ignores abilities, I'm pretty sure that once they are in cataclysm range they actually aren't inside rift, while warframes are in. So, to kill them you have to leave cataclysm and shot down them or kill them as operator. With high range cataclysm this can be a problem because weapon max range or you can't see them from outside.

Edited by Dragoncroac
Arbitration mission

27 minutes ago, Exlodian_Akitora said:

With the "I'd say yes you were in the wrong,  you were using limbo. " part doesn't exactly fill me with confidence you understand why I am not liking your comment, saying hes the one in the wrong for enjoying the game, and playing a warframe he enjoys. Yeah alot of warframes are not great for things, but its fun gameplay wise for that person using. So as I said above, "Let a guy enjoy warframe way he wants"

The "/s" in his comment means that the statement before it is meant sarcastically. So calm down.

• Like 2

I It’s just a learning situation. There are times when certain actions cannot be performed because of Limbo’s 4. Plus, it seems like you were genuinely not trolling them as you were confused. What I saw based from the images is a lack of proper communication. Just be the bigger person in the situation and try to get out of other people’s way(and no, I’m not scolding you rn). Plus, if you just don’t like playing with that person anymore, just remember that there are far too many players for you guys to ever be matched again.

Not in theory, but if you're using Limbo, the rule of thumb is 'Account for the Consequences'.

In this case, Arby drones. Stick near your bubble and destroy any that come into your area with your Operator in future.

280% range limbo is good in many defensive mission, except in arbitrarion, because of the drone unaffected by the 4+2

Sorry Tenno but we can't defend you on this

Negative range limbo is good in this case :)

I always cringe when I run into ranged limbos. Go neutral range tops, unless you wanna do some stupid meme build with cataclysm and that augment that increases your damage based on something something rift related. Simply replace your range with dura, it is much more efficient and far less intrusive on the rest of the group, no matter the content. 

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Psianide73:

I have a min range Limbo build for excavation, mobile defence ect... Never been yelled at yet.

The Problem with a short range Limbo in Infested excavation is that for sometime there is a Bug where Mutalist Osprey Carriers can shot the excavator so you need a big cataclysm so the carriers are getting statist so they don't shoot.

1 hour ago, Nordgaard said:

Was i in the wrong here by using my warframe like this?

I'd say no, though I personally prefer shorter range limbos, Excavation is one mode where I don't mind longer range Limbos, just keep in mind that larger range can cause some problems in some modes,Survival is where I've gotten the most issues from spawns getting perma-slowed in corner rooms making life-support drop harshly.

Number one point of advice I can give as a non-Limbo player is when playing Limbo, try to read the room and use abilities wisely. I'd also suggest to have both a long range and short range build of Limbo lying around for different situations and missions.

You can only do so much as Limbo to work with allies, but as long as you do your best to be aware of your allies you may find more people willing to meet you half-way.

But in the case of these 3 Frosts they likely were just salt mines waiting to happen so I'd say pay them no mind.

Limbo is better than frost on infested excavation, better range and infested usually just run at the obj and don't shoot at it.

Ofc, gara is the best any day, but if your team is lacking firepower, a good limbo with high duration, high range can easily push a team past what they could normally survive up to by freezing the enemies. The only fear are the drones, but a simple tip is to just swap to OP mode to get rid of them.

As to if you were in the wrong, it depends on if your team was formed via the recruit chat or just randoms. If it was just random matchmaking then just ignore their incessant spouting or just leave the lobby. If it was a pre-made, then it was up to you to listen to the host and either follow their instructions or decline and leave the lobby before the match began.

At the end of the day, if you just need Endo, don't bother with arbs and just do the sedna arena farming method with 3 nekros and 1 nidus. Has the added benefit of dropping out at any time as well.

It doesn’t matter which frame or ability you use, 

If it is affecting the ability to kill arbitration drones and your squad mates are expressing their concerns to you about it, then yeah stop and think about using it.

Do I think you ( OP ) are in the wrong for using it?

NO!

Do I think you would be in the wrong if you continued to use it?

NO! Just inconsiderate!

However, if you were killing all the drones and I kept telling you to stop using your abilities, then it would be me who is being inconsiderate not you.

I don’t own limbo and never will but I don’t have any issue with people who play limbo as his abilities have never had a negative impact on my play style, if anything it complements it.

At the end of the day mate, don’t beat yourself up about it! I’m sure we’ve all upset a squad mate or two for not playing the way they want us too.

Edited by kikasnoob
  • Like 1