Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many calories do you think a Warframe burns in a mission?

Xaxma

They're technically still biological in nature underneath that armor. They still rely on oxygen to some extent due to life support. Just imagine how much fat they melt off after even a single mission what with all the running and bullet jumping lol. They're so healthy!

Edited by Xaxma

Honestly, I think that given how much tech there is packed in there, it'd probably be measured in Joules, not Calories. If not Kilojoules.

You're not creating matter, tearing open portals in spacetime or even simply using momentum-shifting thrusters off a biological energy budget. 

(also, Calories are a unit of energy, not fat. Frames don't have stuff like that but they'd still burn calories because they'd still be using energy)

• Like 1

Well if we are waxing poetic about lore theory. 

I suppose they probably would burn some amount of calories seeing that they are dependent on life support which would imply some degree of a metabolic system. 

Plus the whole 

Spoiler

Soylent Green Warframes are made from people. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toppien said:

they dont burn calories cuz they receive void energy directly from the operator

a calorie is a measurement of energy not food consumption.

a calorie is how much energy is required to raise the temperature of a kilogram of water one degree - what type of energy is not relevant.

The OP also needs to specify if he means a physics calorie or the type of calorie designated on food which is 1000 times that.

In video game there is no food to process for the warframe which they get their food either some odd reason from the void just think of it as auto feeder.  Which I did explain this type of theories/ lore the void does to the operator so basically the frame is a different story which they were infested nano evolved called a warframe and basically what they eat for they don't really eat at all the fact they feed on nothing else but certain warframes that desire to eat to heal parts of their own wounds.

If your asking if warframe is still human and still needs to eat and you need example, well basically your looking at 500 big mac because depending on mission how difficult to channel energy, the jumping around crap, the running around non-stop, gliding, melee swings, holding a guns/melee weight, wall running...pretty much I am not going say how much your really burning, pretty much your massively burning massive calories because you have to take a soldier from the army from all that how much they burn their weight during a battlefield mission which you'll get quite a lot burning but do not forget add park core person what how much calories they burn, then add the martial art combated personal who probably have black belt and see how much calories are burn and lastly those runner guys which I am not calculating that $##t.  Too much in the process which you could easy pick volt and see how fast he is during that time and count how much calories he is burning for he is the easy example.

Anyway this is video game they don't burn calories, because we all know that warframe use to be people and to sum it up they were the one who was pose to be the perfect soldiers for the truth.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aswitz87 said:

Unfortunately, we don't know the calorie equivalent of void energy.  We also don't know how efficient Warframe are.  So this is a rather unanswerable question.

Uh... Joules and any further derivations like Kilojoules. It's still energy at the end of the day.

Though you're right in that we don't know how much a Warframe needs nor do we have any way to determine it, since all the Tech is basically space magic. Though given the nature of the tech, I'd suspect in the region of Terajoules. Bullet Jumping alone is low-level physics manipulation, that's not something one can do for cheap, energy-wise. Assumedly.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Uh... Joules and any further derivations like Kilojoules. It's still energy at the end of the day.

Though you're right in that we don't know how much a Warframe needs nor do we have any way to determine it, since all the Tech is basically space magic. Though given the nature of the tech, I'd suspect in the region of Terajoules. Bullet Jumping alone is low-level physics manipulation, that's not something one can do for cheap, energy-wise. Assumedly.

I mean, gravity is presumably the same everywhere in the Solar System, so, you know, Warframe physics is probably not the same as our physics.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

Not as much as Mirage, Mesa, Saryn, Excal Umbra, and Valkyr use spending the night in the space sack with my Tenno! 😜😈 Ordis hasn't spoken a word since the first time 😂👌💯

...Right. Yeah.

I've been exercising recently like a tenno would in their dojo.

losing most of my teeth and breaking every bone in my body when I tried to bullet jump off a high platform was totally worth it, I lost like 2 pounds! maybe more if you take the blood loss into account... a few more months of this and I'll be as ripped as Hildryn!

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna try and backflip through a bunch of Void Lasers, I sure hope the radiation burns don't have lasting effects...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I've been exercising recently like a tenno would in their dojo.

losing most of my teeth and breaking every bone in my body when I tried to bullet jump off a high platform was totally worth it, I lost like 2 pounds! maybe more if you take the blood loss into account... a few more months of this and I'll be as ripped as Hildryn!

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna try and backflip through a bunch of Void Lasers, I sure hope the radiation burns don't have lasting effects...

If pain = gain then you have some massive gains now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

Not as much as Mirage, Mesa, Saryn, Excal Umbra, and Valkyr use spending the night in the space sack with my Tenno! 😜😈 Ordis hasn't spoken a word since the first time 😂👌💯

1 hour ago, Renegade343 said:

Unfortunately, that is actually a piecewise function:

1. Pain = gain when pain ≤ x
  2. Pain = death when pain > x

You only die if you don't have enough gains, get more gains and death runs away crying.

Gains > Death.

• Like 1