Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee options ? ...Please

xXZeplynXx

3 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

I mean the combos what you are doing. Some which fly through the enemies and the ones which miss a lot or blocks your movement.  In the quick melee you don't have to be worried because the attack animations were the same and you killed them more faster.  

Now if I push the E constantly the combos activates randomly and always that combos which slows down the action.

But it isn’t random or unpredictable at all, the game is responding to your inputs.

Rapid tapping is a combo.

Slow tapping is a different combo.

Holding what used to be the block button and tapping is a third combo.

I get that some of them are eccentric, but they are the same every time. Like any Moveset they can be learned and applied.

A lot of those fancy leaps and spins actually have pretty mean multipliers on them, very rewarding to learn.

On 2019-07-03 at 7:00 AM, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Yeah, me too.

People that blame the devs for their own controller set up 👌🏿

To be fair, the default keybinds on PC are terrible. Seriously - why the hell would you bind melee to E in a game which relies on you moving around a lot while swinging your sword? Imagine if your gun's default fire button was Q in here or any other shooter.

EDIT:

But it isn’t random or unpredictable at all, the game is responding to your inputs.

Rapid tapping is a combo.

Slow tapping is a different combo.

Holding what used to be the block button and tapping is a third combo.

I get that some of them are eccentric, but they are the same every time. Like any Moveset they can be learned and applied.

A lot of those fancy leaps and spins actually have pretty mean multipliers on them, very rewarding to learn.

But those are not the inputs I'm giving. If I hold forward, I expect to move forward at a steady pace. I do not expect to be catapulted 10 metres ahead and off the ledge (staves - levelling up the tipedo prime was horrible). I also do not expect to halt every 3 swings (polearms). If I'm holding backwards, I likewise expect to move backwards at a steady pace. I do not expect to randomly stop moving or jerk around. And if I'm not pressing any input keys, I absolutely do not want to get rocketed left and right (gunblades, though I forget which stance).

Being subject to movement which I did not explicitly call for is the result of either enemy action (explosions, shield bashes, magic powers) or terrain (landslides, etc.). It's a debuff which gets inflicted upon you as punishment. Being kicked around by my own melee weapon is utterly absurd.

This is why quick melee ruled the roost, and why it was vastly preferred. You had free movement regardless of what you were doing. Your character actually obeyed your commands.

Edited by DoomFruit
  • Like 3

old melee is still there complete with manual block, just a retarded shame you have to unequip everything but the melee weapon to get it, making players put up with a lackluster "autopilot" block mechanic just so console owners have 1 less controller button to press was a great idea done horribly wrong, because as always PC owners get shafted at the same time with no option to retain the better system for us while we are forced to fall in line with console owners.

The only thing i find just as bizarre is them having exactly ZERO options for console owners who use keyboard+mouse to rebind any keys, so unless you have tiny flexible hands and want to crouch, your going to end up with broken fingers b4 long using their forced default key/mouse binds.

Madness in the modern age...