Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant Rework Idea

(PSN)SnowstormShotgun

Revenant is one of those frames that you want to enjoy, and have a good theme, but have bad mechanics or too many negatives.

Enthrall-

Horde cap should be increased, to at least 15, maybe 20. He’s meant to enslave a horde, not have a small friend group. 

Thrall cannot be attacked by allies, and the ability has no more duration. Instead, thralls lose health constantly (affected by duration) and will break free after losing 50% of their max health. Also, Enthrall can now be cast on Thralls to release them early.

Pillar now Triggers on release, not death.

Mesmer Skin-

Enemies that can be enthralled will be instantly captured after attacking you, rather than a stun and free Enthrall. Make him less active in this regards, to focus on other tasks.

Losing a stack will grant 50% damage resistance for 1 second, while damage will not take away further stacks (not duration based)

Reduced number of stacks given, but increases with power strength.

Reave-

Hitting thralls with Reave will still grant more Mesmer Skin stacks, but can exceed the amount produced by Mesmer skin up to 50% bonus. So if Mesmer Skin creates 6 then you can use Reave to go up to 9 simultaneous stacks. To balance this, make Reave cost less energy.

Hitting thralls with Reave will produce small AOE explosions that deal 500 radiation damage with a 50% to proc a status. 

Edit: Since Thralls can’t be damaged by you, this doesn’t affect them.

Danse Macabre-

Reduce the energy cost per second from 20 to 15, but increase cast cost to 50. This will make it more accessible.

Ability deals less damage, but damage while holding down fire is retained. This make the ability worse, but will provide an greater benefit for the new damage, as well as be more manageable with less drain by default.

Movement speed is reduced by 50% while active.

Hitting thralls will not kill them, instead making them glow brightly with Revenant’s energy colour. They are healed for 25% of the damage they would take and deal +50% damage that works how Danse Macabre does, matching enemies weakness.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This should make Revenant a better frame in general, however, he will be more balance between his horde and his survivability. Both more thralls and easier enthralling will make it easier to retain Mesmer Skin charges by using Reave, which will be cheaper and have a reason to cast it. Being able to heal thralls as well as not have to worry about keeping the horde under your control will make him more passive, and Danse Macabre will be more efficient but will be more focused on evening out the battlefield rather than just having it on a walking around.

Either way, feedback or response would be appreciated.

Edited by (PS4)SnowstormShotgun
Feedback

I mostly agree with your suggestion, as someone who play Revenant a lot.

I like your Enthrall rework. Those guys die too early and your squad mates doesn't care. They are good for taking enemy attention, but it's hard when you play with a squad. It makes this ability useless, but with your idea it should work much better. I think they should break free when reaching 30% health, but this is a minor complaint.

I didn't understand your Mesmer Skin rework. It grants 50% damage resistance when you lose a stack, but as it is now you take no damage at all while you have at least one stack. You basicly nerfed it.

I like your Reeve rework. I would add a suggestion of my own and it's to increase casting animation and keeping momentum when both casting and exisiting this mode. This ability looks like a good ability for mobility, but these sudden stops in momentum are annoying.

I think Dense Macabre is good as it is, I just wish it was more active then "press 4 and forget". I have no better suggestion.

As a Revenant main since its release I would not appreciate this rework ^^'
Horde cap increase ? why not, maybe 10.

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)SnowstormShotgun a dit :

Thrall cannot be attacked by allies, and the ability has no more duration. Instead, thralls lose health constantly (affected by duration) and will break free after losing 50% of their max health. Also, Enthrall can now be cast on Thralls to release them early.

The horde is usefull when you play solo, or to defend an objective, like in interception, of mobile defense. But when the team is sufficient to handle the situation, it does not matter that the thralls are killed, on the contrary, we spread pillars everywhere, and it contributes to the management of the situation.

Mesmer skin is good as it is.
The only change I can think for it: only protect health with a simple cast, protect health and shield with a charged cast.
This way Revenant's passive will function better, without losing the ability to build a big overshield. And Adaptation could function as well.

Reave only need a faster start, and not to be affected by gravity.
The only additions I can think of is that it could enthrall ennemies if one of our thrall has been touched first. That could also be an augment mod.
And, regain some energy by touching ennemies, like nidus 1.
( but only for the simple cast, not when using Danse macabre )

Danse macabre is perfect has it is.
I really don't understand people saying it cost too much energy, I never had problem with that.. I don't know what to say..
The only issue I think it's that it destroys pillars immediately.
I suggest it amplifies pillars, forcing them to produce more projectiles, and set them to explode 2-3 sec after.
The canalised version would explode them immediatly with larger radius.

Edited by Azvalk

54 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

I didn't understand your Mesmer Skin rework. It grants 50% damage resistance when you lose a stack, but as it is now you take no damage at all while you have at least one stack. You basicly nerfed it..

I meant that it will stay as is, but it has a cool down where you can’t lose stacks too rapidly, and the damage resistance is just a bonus to stay that little bit tankier.

5 hours ago, (PS4)SnowstormShotgun said:

Horde cap should be increased, to at least 15, maybe 20. He’s meant to enslave a horde, not have a small friend group. 

Pretty sure this wasn't done because DE realized turning off the AI of entire rooms of enemies wouldn't be very balanced or very fun for other people assuming they can't kill the enemies.

Also his current cap is under the assumption that people would use 4 Revenants (as unlikely as that is)

Because his pre release Enthrall/Mesmer Skin was kind of like how you suggested, with the exception being that the "infliction" had 2 or 3 phases which ended in the current thrall phase and I think back then it did not have a cap.

Losing a stack will grant 50% damage resistance for 1 second, while damage will not take away further stacks (not duration based)

I'm guessing this is purely for the last charge? because DR isn't helpful unless Mesmer Skin either isn't up or goes down

To balance this, make Reave cost less energy.

Do you mean more energy?

Hitting thralls with Reave will produce small AOE explosions that deal 500 radiation damage with a 50% to proc a status. 

Hope you realize Radiation status has anti synergy with thralls as it turns them back to attacking you and allies

Ability deals less damage, but damage while holding down fire is retained. This make the ability worse, but will provide an greater benefit for the new damage, as well as be more manageable with less drain by default.

I would say a better way to balance this would be to either increase the base status chance or make it modable, simply lowering the cost, but also lowering the damage means you might have to maintain it for longer, but it's just easier to do so. (meaning you can end up using the same amount of energy to get the current result)

This seems pretty unnecessary

Guess i'll chime in.

6 hours ago, (PS4)SnowstormShotgun said:

Enthrall-

• The thrall cap doesn't matter because of how the ability works. you could make it 500, and it wouldn't make a difference
  • This sounds... unnecessarily complicated, and frustrating to boot. if you want a frame that babysits their minions, you could always choose nekros. Revenant's are more of a resource than anything.
  • what do you define as ''release'' ?

Mesmer Skin-

Enemies that can be enthralled will be instantly captured after attacking you, rather than a stun and free Enthrall. Make him less active in this regards, to focus on other tasks.

Reduced number of stacks given, but increases with power strength.

• good idea, but knowing DE, that's probably going to become an augment.
  • the first bit seems unnecessary. the second one would need to be a rather short base duration, or it could quickly become ridiculous
  • Again, doesn't really seem like a necessary thing to do. If you wanted to balance it, you could always increase its energy cost.

Reave-

Hitting thralls with Reave will still grant more Mesmer Skin stacks, but can exceed the amount produced by Mesmer skin up to 50% bonus. So if Mesmer Skin creates 6 then you can use Reave to go up to 9 simultaneous stacks. To balance this, make Reave cost less energy.

• mixed in with the above changes, this'd probably make mesmer skin too strong. a simpler fix would probably be to allow power strength to affect how many charges you get back.
  • No offense, but i don't really see the point of this. Besides, radiation would be counterproductive to your kit, as it'd make thralls switch sides again

Danse Macabre-

Reduce the energy cost per second from 20 to 15, but increase cast cost to 50. This will make it more accessible.

Hitting thralls will not kill them, instead making them glow brightly with Revenant’s energy colour. They are healed for 25% of the damage they would take and deal +50% damage that works how Danse Macabre does, matching enemies weakness.

• that'd probably be an appropriate energy cost, but it's never gonna happen because hydron.
  • the ability has to compare with peacemaker, and it already can't. reducing the numbers further seems... silly.
  • why ?
  • enemies are awful at killing enemies. Nekros and new nyx have proven it time and time again, and this'd be nothing more than a waste. On top of that, you're not supposed to micromanage your minions, that's already nekros' thing !

27 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Doesn’t make him an actual Eidolon themed warframe and still keeps Enthrall. 0/10.

My thoughts. If Enthrall instead marked enemies and when said enemy is slain a Vombalyst that scales with enemy level spawns, it would be much better