Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission Ending Friday!

[DE]Helen

For those of us on the grind, once we completed Nightwave whats the point of new challenges that keep popping up? We dont earn any cred and stuck at 10k standing which means nothing. Ppl who grind cos they can should be able to keep getting extra reawds in some way.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BenHeisennberg said:

Don't do it if you don't want to do it.  Some of us enjoy these.

If someone doesn't like Excavation, they usually don't complain until all Excavation missions are removed.

The whole game didn't suddenly turn it's entire focus to excavation when it was introduced, mate.

7 minutes ago, MystikNeko said:

Better release new war asap

I mean, they probably are. It's just 'ASAP' is after Tennocon.

Plus, we don't want another Sacrifice. They've implied what's taking so long is the other stuff alongside it (like the tileset) that makes the update great, not just the quest.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Acrillix- said:

As a new player, I'm so incredibly confused about this whole intermission/season thing O.o

Nightwave is similar to a battle pass, and comes in seasons, which last several weeks. We are currently in-between seasons 1 and 2, and season 2 will have new lore, rewards, and challanges, and should release after the "intermission" nightwave ends.

35 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Use your Nora Creds to purchase Nightwave Offerings asap!

Speaking of credits, is it deliberate that completing Nightwave Intermission challenges after you hit Level 15 doesn't give you any additional Nora credits, like Nightwave 1 did with Wolf credits?

Because right now you're stuck at 10.000/10.000 points after reaching lvl15, so there's no point in doing any of the challenges.

38 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

16d6cfbc46f2b52a628c73154dad67ae.jpg

Nightwave: Intermission ends Friday, July 5th at 11:59 PM ET!

The interim gap will close at the end of this week to make way for Series 2. Use your Nora Creds to purchase Nightwave Offerings asap! Nora’s next story will launch with new Creds and Nightwave Offerings very soon after Nightwave: Intermission comes to a close.

You can read more about Nightwave and changes to look forward to in Series 2 in our Dev Workshop!

Get ready, Dreamers.

Why are you not starting/ending Nightwave events on Sunday when they reset? Are you purposely trying to confuse the players by giving them a shortened week, or is DE really this bad at planning events? I mean Nightwave says it lasted for 7 weeks yet 1 week of that time was removed due to starting late and ending early. Then you remove credits that players earned and don't let them spend them until the weekly reset, or even until the start of the next Nightwave. Why make these basic mistakes?

31 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

No, there won't be! We created Nightwave: Intermission to make sure there wouldn't be any gaps that made rewards inaccessible. The end of Nightwave: Intermission means the next Series is very close!

But there will still be gaps though? Such as this series downtime into the next. 

Thanks for Nightwave intermission, but please have a look at the following things:

- Make all quest replayable (would be nice to replay all of them and not just a handful that is currently allowed to be replayed) 

- Fix the codex entries for Plains of Eidolons enemies, it's annoying that we scan then but they still not appear in the codex. A quick fix would be nice. 

- Fix the spawn of Vapos Condor Dropship, they do not spawn when enemies trigger the alert, as is specified in the codex that the Dropship then come flying in for support of the Corpus enemies. Before it did work, currently not, please fix. Why are they removed from the Defense during IO as well after the reimagined map.

- Will we ever see old enemies again e.g. Artificer, Datalyst etc.?

- When raids were removed it was mentioned they would be added again sometime in the future. Any estimation on when, raids was fun many love to get them back. 

58 minutes ago, Cyberhazard said:

Dat moment when you know that you'll end up at rank 14 instead of 15, #feelsbad.

How do you know that? I remember they did say about introducing "catch up" system where you can do previous week's chalenges if you complet all current ones.

I have reached rank 15 already, is there anything i can do with the excess standing? I'm sitting at the cap of 10K standing and still have challenges to do. In Season 1, you could still get Wolf Credits beyond the max rank, but looks like it's not possible in Intermission... ?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Why are you not starting/ending Nightwave events on Sunday when they reset? Are you purposely trying to confuse the players by giving them a shortened week, or is DE really this bad at planning events? I mean Nightwave says it lasted for 7 weeks yet 1 week of that time was removed due to starting late and ending early. Then you remove credits that players earned and don't let them spend them until the weekly reset, or even until the start of the next Nightwave. Why make these basic mistakes?

I think it'll start either on Sunday/Monday, or during/right after Tennocon. It doesn't seem confuse to me, knowing it's likely to have some downtime between intermission and S2. At least that's what I understand from:

Nora’s next story will launch with new Creds and Nightwave Offerings very soon after Nightwave: Intermission comes to a close.

As for "basic mistakes", eh... I just think not all of them are just mistakes... But some "ooops /s" moments to disguise some stuff. Because you can't complain about/want something you don't know about. Some mistakes are just mistakes, sure, but I doubt all of them are. Some are way too basic for them to be a coincidence, plus some selective reading and attention to some aspects, etc.

1 hour ago, Brimstonex said:

Will we ever get a chance of getting the ephemera again in the future

Yes, they said in the original Intermission post that it wouldn't be exclusive to that... So i'm guessing they were planning on using it as a reward for either season 2 or something else, and just added it to the intermission to round up the rewards.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

16d6cfbc46f2b52a628c73154dad67ae.jpg

Nightwave: Intermission ends Friday, July 5th at 11:59 PM ET!

The interim gap will close at the end of this week to make way for Series 2. Use your Nora Creds to purchase Nightwave Offerings asap! Nora’s next story will launch with new Creds and Nightwave Offerings very soon after Nightwave: Intermission comes to a close.

You can read more about Nightwave and changes to look forward to in Series 2 in our Dev Workshop!

Get ready, Dreamers.

so there either a) won't be a intermission between nightwave season 2 and season 3 or b) that intermission will use different credits or c) you didn't plan ahead that far? 😄

Please, DEs

NOONE really expects you to give fancy things from NightWave series. That is you to make that feeling around.

Between the seasons, it is just alright to give this intermission back with credits enough to buy Nitain for any player (even I may want to build a new frame to try different polarities), and all those cosmetics and mods and reactor&catalyst after that.

And more to that, if you keep adding rewards on levels, just keep going on with credits as we had for Wolf season. That way you can also give an indefinite break between season, and no body will complain about that as they will be playing and getting credits for that

Please, keep that in mind for season 2 and onwards.

Archived