Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission Ending Friday!

[DE]Helen

4 hours ago, Ionenschatten said:

Same, first Nightwave went over 300 decades and new nightwave ended after 2 and a half minutes.
I barely reached rank 9 coz I thought I'd behaving endless time again.
Kidna mad coz I'll be missing out all good rewards but I mean I kinda have myself to blame.

2 hours ago, Ysmirdragon said:

Will the Eidolon Step Ephemera be available a different way now? 

they already said yes it will be

5 hours ago, Ionenschatten said:

Same, first Nightwave went over 300 decades and new nightwave ended after 2 and a half minutes.
I barely reached rank 9 coz I thought I'd behaving endless time again.
Kidna mad coz I'll be missing out all good rewards but I mean I kinda have myself to blame.

...Intermissions are short breaks to give the audience a breather and time to move around or use the restroom.... typically in Theater or a film screening. They're not going to give you enough time to go watch another play or movie during an intermission. It's just a break, or in this case: a filler, so we aren't left with nothing while they prepped for season 2.

1 minute ago, normanator1717 said:

Aaaaand it is 8:12 ET and the intermission is over. I literally have one mission left for level 15 which I was going to do before it was over.

Same, pretty much

So nightwave ends at 11:59 but all but one daily challenge reset 4hrs earlier. I feel bad for the ppl mislead to thinking they had the evening after work to bust out the last few challenges... hope you only needed 1000. If you watched the ingame timers youd know but when you give a specific time ppl dont think they need to look at timer and do the math as to what time it ends

I quit the game because I missed the ephemera by about 2k, expecting that I would have had time to play during the weekend.

Don't make a weekly event and then start/stop it at different times than the weekly reset. Jesus Christ.

Super Disappointing, i thought i was going to have 4 more hours to complete this tonight, but its gone and i got burned.... thanks for the miss information not to mention you ended this on an off weekly schedule.. why was that necessary, could you not wait till Sunday. i also feel like this end time should have made the ingame news feed since a lot of players don't look at website and this the is Alert replacement and only way to get certain items not that is also important... just a super let done. 

this is... just such a downer right before tennocon. i had items baking for the gilding challenge and that would have been enough to get me the aura forma. i thought i had time to spend nora cred on a few helmets, but now theyve been flushed. i was excited at the idea of getting a bunch of new challenges when nora refreshes at 8, but now its gone.

on top of that, nora had some parting words on my orbiter and ordis talked right over here (he will be muted for the foreseeable future)

When the announcement says the event ends at 11:59 and the in game information says that missions will reset and there will be new items in the store I figure that I can wait and see, maybe pick up som more credits and decide what to buy. Instead I end up with nothing ... except a burn. If any of this information would have been accurate I would have had a chance to make better choices.

Argh! I wasn’t anywhere close to rank 15, but I was one challenge away from additional creds, and hadn’t spent any of them because I figured I had a few hours tonight to do so. …only to log in at 8:15pm EDT to find everything gone. Not cool.

I don't mean to be a stickler but it says 11:59 PM EST on July 5th. It's currently 8:43 PM EST but Nightwave Intermission is gone? Am I missing something here? I was like 4 actual missions from getting the Eidolon Ephemera.

@(NSW)GideonX yeah, I logged in to finish and it's not there?

Adding my name as another with a full time job who was planning to finish off the intermission before 11:59pm EST, only to hear of it gone 4 hours early.

I'm not sure how to really put this without sounding overly irate, but I don't really have any incentive to spend money on the game if this is the sort of thing I can expect from its developers.

I am very disappointed that the nightwave ended earlier than the announcement stated (11:59 PM ET). Its currently 10:53 PM ET and the nightwave intermission is completely gone altogether, and seeing from earlier posts, it had ended since around 8 PM ET. I hope something gets done about this.

7 hours ago, Genitive said:

Announcements like that should be visible in game. Not everyone visits the forums.

When you're sure when it ends just add a counter to the UI.

As far as I can tell, the issue most players are having here is not the fact that the announcement was not visible in-game. (Although I agree, it definitely should be, but that's something for another discussion.) 

The issue players are having is that the time written in the post did not match the time that nightwave actually ended in-game. Either DE wrote the time in the post incorrectly, or the in-game timer was incorrect. Either way, one of them was misleading and incorrect. The event ended a few hours before the post stated it would, and as a result, players were unable to spend their remaining Nora cred. 

I was not affected by this premature ending of the event. But I still feel sympathy for those who were.

Archived