Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission Ending Friday!

[DE]Helen

please put this information IN THE GAME

lost my creds, and as a newbie it REALLY hurts to not get the orokin reactors/catalysts i was eyeing

PUT THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE GAME like right in the nightwave acts window literally ANYWHERE on the screen in a visible text: "Nightwave Intermission ends in <timer>" it's not hard, you even have a timer on the offerings page for when those refresh (tbh thanks for putting that in the game instead of posting it on the forum and expecting ALL OF YOUR PLAYERS TO SEARCH FOR IT)

EDIT: honestly this is going to be the last straw to make me quit the game, this is complete buffoonery. game companies running poorly communicated events in 2019.... 🙄 guess i should expect it though because next to nothing is communicated in-game in warframe lol

What a waste of time, one daily from rank 15 and they end nightwave early. Oh it will be available in the future, you will only have to spend more time grinding, because we can't tell the time or communicate with our players properly.

Simple solution, just give everyone above rank 13 the ephemera, because you done f'd up.

Is it bad if I hear “Nightwave” and I already feel burned out? I would love to see this scrapped and just have a variety of 24hr alerts each day. They reset with the new login reward times, their rewards swap from the general pool of alert rewards. 

Some will argue that you don’t even need to try and you can make it far. My wife and I both play everyday and she never made it past rank 4 on the last Nightwave without really trying. 

The mission tasks range from “not too bad” to “are you kidding?” As a MR27, I have no need to forma, gild or farm index.

Two serious questions:

1) Why on earth is procrastination not the fault here? I get the whole PST vs. EST time issue but, seriously, why are the majority of the complaints based off of procrastination? It was super easy and quick to do!

2) Why are 100% options in-game viewed as a reason to not play the rest of the game? Burnout over an option? We have to do and be better as players. 

@Gen-Son_17 to answer your first question: For some people, I guess procrastination could be considered the fault but for some of us. We have a busy work schedule/family schedule/whatever it may be. I have to plan my game time in advance. I have been working hard and then needed to spend some time with my kids so I blocked out the hours after they went to bed and the end of the event to easily play 4 missions aka 4 missions within 4 hours. Very doable. Well, it ended early. I couldn't get on earlier. I couldn't get it done earlier without sacrificing time sensitive events with my family or deadlines for work. So, that's why it bothers me.

As for 2, totally agree with you! We need to be better as players and not "throw out the baby with the bath water" so to speak.

I understand the busy life as I'm a family man too. I can usually cram a good session of warframe on Sundays and catch up. With that said, I miss a LOT of stuff and generally just label it under the "dammit, I missed it" category. Otherwise, for DE to cater to people like us, they're going to definitely piss off the masses. They already have to deal with the all day gamers complaining about not being fed enough gaming addicition so I try to not add to the 360 degree player complaining base. Something and someone has to take the hit and, unfortunately, it'll have to be us busy folk. I feel your pain but duty calls! 😆

An ingame timer of how long a Nightwave will run will help a lot!
Please make that happen so we can plan accordingly. I bet that will alleviate parts of the "stress" some of us feel.
In my case i'm insecure if I will get done everything AND leave for summer holidays...

On 2019-07-08 at 8:09 AM, (PS4)Kamranos said:

As a MR27, I have no need to forma, gild or farm index.

MR holds no weight in any of that right now.

• You can get to MR 27 while not gilding all the qualified items in the game.
  • People pay plat to rush to MR 27 and never finish building out weapons. So forma would still be needed.
  • Because of #2 you might not have maxed out mods or even own most of the crap from Baro so credits would still be needed.

People need to stop using MR as a status. It means very little now of days other than you have played on at least 27-28 different days due to 24hr gating on MR tests.

-

I do think they need to change the task to like 1 forma or just take it out. Forcing people into paying for forma bundle or having to wait 72hrs to get 3 forma is a harsh task. Better now with catch up but not sure if it is reset after the week ends (anyone know?).

Gilding is not as much of an issue but the limited slots also force players to spend money so they can get another item to gild. Both of these hurt the F2P concept of the game.

3 hours ago, Zelmen said:

MR holds no weight in any of that right now.

• You can get to MR 27 while not gilding all the qualified items in the game.
  • People pay plat to rush to MR 27 and never finish building out weapons. So forma would still be needed.
  • Because of #2 you might not have maxed out mods or even own most of the crap from Baro so credits would still be needed.

People need to stop using MR as a status. It means very little now of days other than you have played on at least 27-28 different days due to 24hr gating on MR tests.

-

I do think they need to change the task to like 1 forma or just take it out. Forcing people into paying for forma bundle or having to wait 72hrs to get 3 forma is a harsh task. Better now with catch up but not sure if it is reset after the week ends (anyone know?).

Gilding is not as much of an issue but the limited slots also force players to spend money so they can get another item to gild. Both of these hurt the F2P concept of the game.

I’ve been playing since PS4 launch. I’m not a Draco 27. Mastery rank means something when it comes to forma and gilding. While there are many high MR players that done even know what super jump was, but I’m not one of them.

38 minutes ago, Kenobi_000001 said:

As much as I agree with you, that's not going to happen when even DE doesn't know when it's going to end, as with the current season. 🙄

Well, I'd even welcome a "it will run at least until..." Like I said, just a little something so people can plan ahead.
Nothing against noting down the 10 weeks someplace else outside of the game though...

P.S. Since they'll rotate the missed weekly challenges back in in case you missed them, that is already my saving grace

On 2019-07-03 at 4:45 AM, Llamatronian said:

The announcement of intermission, posted on June 13, included the end date. DE did exactly what you're asking for, so why are you here?

Go use the catch-up system to get your ephemera.

no, there was no end date mention in that post at first, they edited it after. And as i said, even with catch up - it's not enough to get the last reward for me.

32 minutes ago, bublek4 said:

no, there was no end date mention in that post at first, they edited it after.

Oh really? So we all actually weren't crazy, or whatever. It's completely possible that people could have read the original Intermission post in its entirety and still never known the end date, unless they happened to notice that it had been edited later on.

I talked to support at DE and that was just disappointing. The first response they didn't even read my message and just copy and pasted service speak BS. The second time around they paid more attention when I called them out on it. However, it's like they won't admit fault for the time miscommunication, just "oh, that sucks. Sorry that sucks. HAVE A GOOD DAY!"

Still going to play Warframe and I think the company as a whole is still got a good culture but their Customer Service system/policies suck. Disappointed but more than anything I think it hurts because I see DE as this great company and I guess my view of them has been brought back down to Cetus. Kind of a letdown.

Archived