Echoes of Duviri: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

thoughts about the future

prodi1600

Hi, After looking at WF i see the great kind of game that it its but it surelly have it flaws as everything have, now that I have to grind the Plains I see how the "open world" aspect of the game its soo disconnected from the main instance game and so other components like the archwing, I was wondering what would be your thoughts of DE doing WF2 in the lets say in about 3-5 years from now, will you support it?

What do you like it to have?

What do you want gone from it?

Story wise When do you want it to be placed? 

I would support a WF 2 if launched in the next 3 years, I love WF but sometimes I fell like it will fell his age in the next 3 to 5 years.

What do you like it to have?

I would love it to have better synergy between its components - Open WORLD- ninja- Vehicle, lets say you can roam in the open world for certain events  or to acess instances but also have the navigation chart for fast travel, I like the idea of archwing like everyone else this might be a good oportunity to do a better integration to the gameplay(once the controls and flight sensation its refined), for example your tuning a sabottage mission to do you sabotage you need to go archiwonfg to reach some modules or you hack some terminals in the ship that expose some magufing to the outerspace and you can use archwing to fulfill the sabotage from space and things like that, for levels that happen in space to have archwing as a complementary mechanic.

I would love if DE would allow us to have a third gun in our load-out like 2 primary type and a secondary or even 2 secondary and one primary, I would like to have more cinematic quest those are great and more participation from the syndicates into their own or main history, in resume more lore from the quests and no just from otter sources.

What do you want gone from it?

Specific grind like for example arch-melee arch-gun it would be just regular melee and guns but in your archwing.

Riven mods, they are way to overrrated.

Less world but the ones we have to have way more actitude and essence.

Maybe not having all the planets available in the system but have like 2 or 3 but really interesting ones, I'm pretty disappointed about some planets like Europa.

Scaled up missions in the same world, PS i really love earth and Jupiter right now.

Story wise When do you want it to be placed?

I think a sequel its in order, lets say a century or 2 after the last events of WF1, It will be great to see how the system changed, what happen to the syndicates, tenno, and factions, corpus and grineer if the empire survives or was reduced to nothing after the tenno appearence.

if the century system or maybe if interstellar travel might be common, I would like to have at least 2 systems lets say sol + alpha century or maybe other systems like Tau ceti, Draconis and soo, be able to see a true difference between the systems maybe one rotten and ravaged by conflict and the other pristine an untouched but wild and dangerous.

That's all that comes to my mind for the moment, i would like to hear other ideas to see how different our conception of WF its.

PD Im new ingame and forums, hope you goo easy on me 

Edited by prodi1600

There is literally no point to a warframe 2.  Especially if all your gear and stuff doesn't carry over to warframe 2.  People have sunk thousands of hours into this game to get the things they want.  On top of that there is no point to making a warframe 2 when they keep releasing new content for warframe 1 via patches, new tilesets, open worlds, empyrean, etc. etc. a game can last forever if they keep releasing content for it see where world of warcraft is for example, may have been released over 15 years ago but it's still here.  Same could easily be true of warframe, only it will look way different 5 years from now versus how it is right now.  

15 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

There is literally no point to a warframe 2.  Especially if all your gear and stuff doesn't carry over to warframe 2.  People have sunk thousands of hours into this game to get the things they want.  On top of that there is no point to making a warframe 2 when they keep releasing new content for warframe 1 via patches, new tilesets, open worlds, empyrean, etc. etc. a game can last forever if they keep releasing content for it see where world of warcraft is for example, may have been released over 15 years ago but it's still here.  Same could easily be true of warframe, only it will look way different 5 years from now versus how it is right now.  

Ok I understand what you say and I agree I see that they will keep updating it, but for the health of the topic lets say DE anounce it for the next 5 years, what do to want it to have? or what wont you? do you want a prequel history or a sequel one? 

1 minute ago, prodi1600 said:

Ok I understand what you say and I agree I see that they will keep updating it, but for the health of the topic lets say DE anounce it for the next 5 years, what do to want it to have? or what wont you? do you want a prequel history or a sequel one? 

My point is that they aren't making warframe 2.  Any lore aspect of this game can be introduced in the current iteration of warframe.  Same with gameplay.  Do I want to learn more about the past or the future?  Both are equally important to me, but ultimately people play this game for the gameplay mechanics with the lore being something neat on the side that we get a few updates a year on if we're lucky.  

On 2019-07-02 at 12:15 AM, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Also, Warframe continues to evolve graphic-wise too and they are remastering old tilesets (like Jupiter), so no, no way Warframe 2 is coming.