Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe CGI Trailer Discussion

34 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Those cinematics look far too good to be a simple teaser for the game, like animated movie quality good. Either they are upping the quality on these teasers or it's an actual movie.

Well it isn't the first time a video game got a cgi trailer with better graphics then the game, it is just strange to us cuz trailers for warframe up until now were all filmed with in-game engine. I think you people are looking too far into it, it is simply a new cinematic for the start of the game.

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Hmmm I play a lot of Warframe and that trailer just has me sorta scratching my head all "Whut?" 

I mean it looks like the Plains but ..... whut? 

I think it's supposed to be a trailer for the new player experience. Looks like only part of a cinematic that we will probably see the entirety of at Tennocon live? 

Also considering the New/Old war is the next cinematic trailer they might be trying to iron out some early game lore?

4 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I think it's supposed to be a trailer for the new player experience. Looks like only part of a cinematic that we will probably see the entirety of at Tennocon live? 

Also considering the New/Old war is the next cinematic trailer they might be trying to iron out some early game lore?

But what lore are they trying to iron out? The new player experience seems pretty solid lore wise. Vor Finds you, you escape, you beat up on him a bit then you go on to being a space badass only to find out the *spoopy noises* secret of the Tenno~. If that trailer is a re-imagining of the new player experience/lore it kinda looks like they start out with "Hey you're an operator, pick yo shiz" 

That would mean that they are ramping up to ditch like 3/4 of the lore that the game has been based on so far, the whole discovery angle. I dunno I don't see them doing that. 

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

But what lore are they trying to iron out? The new player experience seems pretty solid lore wise. Vor Finds you, you escape, you beat up on him a bit then you go on to being a space badass only to find out the *spoopy noises* secret of the Tenno~. If that trailer is a re-imagining of the new player experience/lore it kinda looks like they start out with "Hey you're an operator, pick yo shiz" 

That would mean that they are ramping up to ditch like 3/4 of the lore that the game has been based on so far, the whole discovery angle. I dunno I don't see them doing that. 

Well I kind of think that the discovering part doesn't work very well anymore, it is kind of impossible for new player to not see operators somewhere, but anyway there were no operators in the trailer, the intro could be vague and just talk about you being a warrior from an ancient war that is being awaken once again to help the system or something like that. 

8 minutes ago, carbman95 said:

Well I kind of think that the discovering part doesn't work very well anymore, it is kind of impossible for new player to not see operators somewhere, but anyway there were no operators in the trailer, the intro could be vague and just talk about you being a warrior from an ancient war that is being awaken once again to help the system or something like that. 

Yeah at this point it's kinda Warframes open secret but at the same time so much of the quest lines and VA are leveraged to that end, they would need to essentially scrap so much of the games lore assets (like most of them) to make that work. I mean it's doable but it seems like an a super expensive move just so a few people don't get bent out of shape about multi year old spoilers.

Edited by Oreades

Just now, (NSW)Badger said:

Was that guy bootlegging the new spiderman movie? 

probably, a lot of people do that on the side, knew a guy at the local hospital who charged a quid (£1) per copy, though sometimes the quality was very hit and miss: sometimes the picture wasn't great or the sound cut out etc. better to just bite the bullet and wait for DVD.

29 minutes ago, carbman95 said:

Well it isn't the first time a video game got a cgi trailer with better graphics then the game, it is just strange to us cuz trailers for warframe up until now were all filmed with in-game engine. I think you people are looking too far into it, it is simply a new cinematic for the start of the game.

I know, especially with companies like Ubisoft, but for DE this is a rather big leap.

4 hours ago, (PS4)vinster said:

What gets me is the vertical video on youtube.  Grrr.... 😕

I'm wary of the DE hype train these days. While I'm hopeful with the upcoming TennoCon reveals, deep down, except for Empyrean/New War which were already announced at last year's TennoCon which should hopefully launch soon'ish, what they will reveal at this TennoCon will likely take another year or more before we can actually get our hands on it.

Likely more recycled content templates. Like syndicates and chasing yellow ABCs across another boring and empty open world area or in space.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

probably, a lot of people do that on the side, knew a guy at the local hospital who charged a quid (£1) per copy, though sometimes the quality was very hit and miss: sometimes the picture wasn't great or the sound cut out etc. better to just bite the bullet and wait for DVD.

Possible but may have been someone who just wanted to capture the WF part since it was teased to be shown. Also the position doesn't look good for it to be for a bootleg recording, I'd expect it to be positioned in the middle to try and capture the screen perfectly.

13 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why warframes would be fighting Dax soldiers though

At :09 it appears as though a Dax was about to attack a Excal. And Player 3, Volt entered the field. 

15 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Does this cinematic happen after betrayal of Tenno?

This may have to do with the he Old War. We probably won't know till tennocon. 

I hope the preview elaborates more... because I can imagine someone who has never seen Warframe thinking to themselves, "Hmm, men with rhino horns? Wait, what is Warframe? A movie... Oh... PS4 at the end... a game. OK..."

17 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Why warframes would be fighting Dax soldiers though? We were at the same side in old war. Does this cinematic happen after betrayal of Tenno?

I am happy coz we finally get a decent looking female character in this game though.

Even better: she has HAIR!

Seriously, aside from that one off-shot of Lotus in Apostasy, we dont have a single female, that is not the player character, with hair.

... does Old Saya have hair? Or was it a tunic? Dont remember.

Jesus. DE goes through that time and effort to make an amazing trailer for Warframe and all people can talk enough to how they'd rather have those resources go into the game or prime trailers or whatnot?

What's the point of making something and then not advertising it? I think the trailer looks dope. Hell, I actually felt hype for something Warframe-related, something I haven't felt in a longass time. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Jesus. DE goes through that time and effort to make an amazing trailer for Warframe and all people can talk enough to how they'd rather have those resources go into the game or prime trailers or whatnot?

What's the point of making something and then not advertising it? I think the trailer looks dope. Hell, I actually felt hype for something Warframe-related, something I haven't felt in a longass time. 

The trailer would matter if the game itself was anything like that trailer. But it isn't. It's just a cinematic trailer that doesn't accurately reflect the gameplay. And so, it has no bearing whatsoever on gameplay. This kind of effort doesn't actually improve the game. It's a waste of time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

The trailer would matter if the game itself was anything like that trailer. But it isn't. It's just a cinematic trailer that doesn't accurately reflect the gameplay. And so, it has no bearing whatsoever on gameplay. This kind of effort doesn't actually improve the game. It's a waste of time.

I said nothing about improvement. And no s**t, it doesn't have any bearing on gameplay. It's an AD. Besides, if it's Tennocon-related, then who's to say the trailer's not going to reflect the gameplay after changes are implemented?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

Unless it draws in a bigger audience and subsequently more revenue which DE can reinvest into more projects for the game, more employees, better tech, etc. Advertising isn't an inherent waste of time, nor is trying to grow ones consumer base, Warframe needs funds to function and grow in ambitions and if this ad helps so be it. Sure there is a debate for what would be the most optimal way to advertise the game, but seeing as this ad has been out all of a day there's hardly groundwork for saying it has failed at bringing value to the game or furthermore robbed us of anything. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Something from TennoCon is being shown in the previews. 

Previews in a movie theater.

Where previews are usually for upcoming movies.

... I wonder what this could mean.

Time to add creepy human teeth to Excalibur? OH, and late 90s rap music!

What? It worked for Sonic....