Warframe CGI Trailer Discussion

This is a good step in the right direction when it comes to getting their game out in the public even more. (not that warframe needs it. I love this community  already) It would be cool to get like 5 minute long cgi mini movies with each major expansion. The old republic for example has always done this. Not to mention its just pure awesomeness!

4 минуты назад, (XB1)Salty Ginger сказал:

This is a good step in the right direction when it comes to getting their game out in the public even more. (not that warframe needs it. I love this community  already) It would be cool to get like 5 minute long cgi mini movies with each major expansion. The old republic for example has always done this. Not to mention its just pure awesomeness!

Ehhh, one small thing, let’s not wish for WF to be more like  SWTOR, please?

Pretty please?

2 минуты назад, (XB1)Salty Ginger сказал:

I would never! In my eyes warframe is already a perfect game. I just love cgi trailers for games. 

Heh, if you played SWTOR for some time, Warframe is quite a shocker.

It is like you traveled for 2 hours to get to work for several years. And then found a new job that takes 10 min of walking to get too.

Stick around and you will see that there is always something to grumble about :).

On 2019-07-01 at 8:02 PM, Marvelous_A said:

How about Warframe The Movie?

The Second Dream can be a good plot IDK

no, not when DE cant keep the story conistent. Remember when they retconned the lotus' s origin story more than once? A movie would be hot garbage, and im sure DE would rather put their effort into t th e game itself than a movie that will turn out like any other videogame movie. Garbage.

This one is the same trailer we saw leaked a few days back, but this person filmed it horizontally and it's much clearer. Not sure if the Youtube uploader is the actual recorder but I'm pretty they were. 

30 minutes ago, METAHUMVN said:

This one is the same trailer we saw leaked a few days back,

I am not sure that this trailer is leaked at all. It isn't any different to the other one, so I am not sure why you are saying it is the 'second' one.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

What'm I watchin', here?

DE had a trailer for Warframe at the start of the Spiderman movie. That is all this is, I am not sure what the OP is making it out to be though.

Technically speaking, this has been leaked. It was not released at large to youtube, the ad was only for Cinema, with the full version intended to be revealed at Tennocon most likely. The fact that it has been released at large to youtube is a leak.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Loza03:

Technically speaking, this has been leaked. It was not released at large to youtube, the ad was only for Cinema, with the full version intended to be revealed at Tennocon most likely. The fact that it has been released at large to youtube is a leak.

I see, the leak will be the topic of this thread. 🙂

A leak is an unauthorised publishing. There is no definition you can argue about technically. It comes with a trippe A movie which will be watched by a whole load of people belonging to the target audience of this trailer. Afterwards it was spread into the internet. I woulnd't call it leaking. It's viral marketing. 

18 минут назад, Loza03 сказал:

Technically speaking. But leaks are supposed to be plugged... and yet, here we are.

Edit: @Birkenhoff , is where a term for intentional viral marketing?

1 minute ago, Birkenhoff said:

I see, the leak will be the topic of this thread. 🙂

A leak is an unauthorised publishing. There is no definition you can argue about technically. It comes with a trippe A movie which will be watched by a whole load of people belonging to the target audience of this trailer. Afterwards it was spread into the internet. I woulnd't call it leaking. It's viral marketing. 

It was authorised to be published to Cinema, not youtube. I'm sure you're right in actuality (i.e. DE is perfectly fine with it and knew this would happen) but it is still a leak, so the title is accurate.

1 minute ago, rand0mname said:

Technically speaking. But leaks are supposed to be plugged... and yet, here we are.

Indeed. I'm just saying the title is accurate. Not saying that DE would have any issues with it.

Let's break the trailer down:

-Plains of Eidolon fighting.
-We see some unknown human female (Not a tenno thats for sure)
-We see Volt attacking a Quill for some reason. Also that part seems like all enemies are frozen in time, they don't move, while Volt moves fast and uses its skills
-Some big ship in the same Volt scene in the background (dunno what that, doesn't seem like a landing ship from Plains but I can be wrong)
UPDATE: -Grineer enemies, but I can't identify the enemy Grineer type at 0:09 Sec.

Anything else I'm missing?

14 minutes ago, 40PE said:

We see Volt attacking a Quill for some reason. Also that part seems like all enemies are frozen in time, they don't move, while Volt moves fast and uses its skills

That was a Dax, of Teshin's Rank. The hat was concave on top, like a Kappa, not Convex like a Quills hat.

Guess the Quills were led astray, they forgot the Concave hats.

hace 9 minutos, 40PE dijo:

Let's break the trailer down:

-Plains of Eidolon fighting.
-We see some unknown human female (Not a tenno thats for sure)
-We see Volt attacking a Quill for some reason. Also that part seems like all enemies are frozen in time, they don't move, while Volt moves fast and uses its skills
-Some big ship in the same Volt scene in the background (dunno what that, doesn't seem like a landing ship from Plains but I can be wrong)

Anything else I'm missing?

That place doesn't look at all like the plains of eidolon.

That is not a Quill, it's a Dax soldier.

Don't know about the ship, i doesn't look Grineer and by the time of the old war Grineer were still just workers, they shouldn't be fighting IIRC.

1 hour ago, (PS4)cazazombies245 said:

That place doesn't look at all like the plains of eidolon.

That is not a Quill, it's a Dax soldier.

Don't know about the ship, i doesn't look Grineer and by the time of the old war Grineer were still just workers, they shouldn't be fighting IIRC.

Hi,

Thx for info/correction.

Still it does looks like Eidolon to me, with some changes. It must be part of Earth, would be surprised if another planet in the same system. Or completely different solar system/galaxy.

So Dax soldiers are like Quill just from Conclave? Don't see any reference on wiki for them specifically yet.

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Nek_Food said:

I have that strange feeling that the video looks "next gen"... :inlove:

Yes, Rendered Trailers/Game Intros always give that impression. 😉

Like if you look at the age old Trailer/Intro for World of Warcraft, And first expansions... Even games today, they just cannot look like that good in-game. WF is really on another level though, looks kick ass in-game too, but not like a render. 🙂

Archived