Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the hypothetical limits of the Tenno? (SPOILERS)

Loza03

So, the Tenno (and by that I mean spoiler mode), are said to be ludicrously powerful. According to the Lotus, 'Within your fragile Tenno body is the most powerful force in the known universe'.

However, for gameplay (and presumably lore) reasons, we don't have access to all of that. However, given what we know of Tenno powers, how strong could a Tenno without restrictions of self-control and Focus be? Focus assumedly limiting us to one aspect of our powers given the name.

Is it hypothetically possible for a Tenno to gain access to all these abilities at once?

Their limit is their physical ability to hold it together when they dump out all that power. It's loosely implied that without carefully managing their output they could overexert and harm themselves and anything unfortunate enough to be nearby.

The power you have access to exceeds your ability to survive using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blatantfool said:

Their limit is their physical ability to hold it together when they dump out all that power. It's loosely implied that without carefully managing their output they could overexert and harm themselves and anything unfortunate enough to be nearby.

The power you have access to exceeds your ability to survive using it.

Now I want a quest where the main focus is a Tenno and how he saves the day by sacrificing himself using the full extent of his power

I think that quote is mostly referring to the Void itself as the most powerful force, not the Tenno using the Void's energy.

I mean Lua was put into the Void, so that could be our upper limit for what it can do right now. Which isn't too impressive compared to other science fiction universes.

Edited by Bioness

The operators are beings of the void.  Over time and gaining control of the void means they can be infinitely powerful.  Take on whatever form they want at will.

But the power is a double edged sword.  Loosing control of it will kill us and all around us.  The more we use the greater the strain and risk.

The chains of harrow is what happens when a tenno taps too deeply into the void for centuries.

The harrow quest, both dream quests, the sacrifice, and umbra excaliber all give us lore dumps.

Even void corrupted vor gives us insight.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

53 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

I've always wondered how long the tenno live for and one day wont they all be dead due to old age? Or will they go back into cryo sleep when they get oldish so they dont have to worry about mental degradation or passing away 

The operaters bodies can die infinitely but their minds are part of the void.  If their will is strong we could be like vor.  Our minds will go on forever and can simply create a new body at woil if we choose.

Or we could be like harrows operater and go insane and be consumed by the void.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

18 hours ago, Sir_Carl said:

Now I want a quest where the main focus is a Tenno and how he saves the day by sacrificing himself using the full extent of his power

Have you done the chains of harrow?

The frames operater sacrificed himself for centuries keeping the man in the wall at bay.  He was ultimately driven insane and consumed by the void.

20 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I recently discovered they don't need a toilet and  i think it's a great power.

Lol unless a game is a hardcore survival game.  Food, sleep, bio break, etc. Aren't a factor.

Technically the operaters physicsl bodies don't matter.  As beings of the void. As long as thier minds and wills remain they can make whatever body they please.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Have you done the chains of harrow?

The frames operater sacrificed himself for centuries keeping the man in the wall at bay.  He was ultimately driven insane and consumed by the void.

Well, the operator doesn't really show a display of power so

4 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

Well, the operator doesn't really show a display of power so

Because the void has consumed him.  We are told that harrows operater told his followers to seal him in his warframe in a tomb.  And that he would act as a stop gate for as long as possible.

He's been down there slowly dying for centuries.  We free his frame push back the man in the wall and let whats left of the operaters mind rest and find peace.

The void is a double edged sword.

Just now, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Because the void has consumed him.  We are told that harrows operater told his followers to seal him in his warframe in a tomb.  And that he would act as a stop gate for as long as possible.

He's been down there slowly dying for centuries.  We free his frame push back the man in the wall and let whats left of the operaters mind rest and find peace.

The void is a double edged sword.

I don't know the relation why you're explaining to me the plot of Chains of harrow when I only want a Tenno get destroyed by using his full extent of power (think of something like Goku's energy ball)

9 minutes ago, Sir_Carl said:

I don't know the relation why you're explaining to me the plot of Chains of harrow when I only want a Tenno get destroyed by using his full extent of power (think of something like Goku's energy ball)

That exactly what chains of harrow is.  A technno taped into the void for too long and gained extreme power.  But at a cost. 

Our operater powers don't have limits but can backfire on us.

As the new war begins who knows what could happen to us.  We too could dive too deep and loose control.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

That exactly what chains of harrow is.  A technno taped into the void for too long and gained extreme power.  But at a cost. 

Our operater powers don't have limits but can backfire on us.

As the new war begins who knows what could happen to us.  We too could dive too deep and loose control.

Actually no, in Chains of Harrow, Rell is possessed or corrupted by the Man in the Wall, the same entity that creeps you out in your Orbiter. It's made clear by the blood messages (which refer to Rell in second person, as 'he, him' and such) that there's another entity, alongside Palladino's line:

"That's not Rell, That's-"

That's not to say we couldn't 'dive too deep', but that'd be in the form of allowing the Man in the Wall to have greater influence over us.