Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SerphV

New Prime Access = Riven Disposition Changes

As title says....

I guess there will be another dreaded disposition change coming...

The weapons we love to use will drop some more... But some of the other weapons will become stronger...

Are you all actually looking forward to it?

OfYGY.gif&key=242e05c123181f8b98004f1533

I start using this gif a lot.

Yes coz my riven collection ain't including only Rubico rivens.

It's almost like the entirety of the Riven system was a poorly thought out hook to keep players grinding at best, or a thinly veiled attempt to milk idiots who would pay thousands of platinum for their "God Roll Rivens" at worst. No matter how you slice it, random rolled stats in Warframe will continue to go against everything the game is built upon, and continue to be nothing but disappoint for almost anyone who interacts with the system.

Actually to be honest, as long as you don't get into the plat trading stuff with Rivens, I find it pretty fun to play with the random stats on Rivens.

You can get some weapons to do things that you never thought will be possible and still keep it relatively strong.

Example:

EXTREMELY SLOW/FAST BULLETS

EXTREMELY FAST FIRE RATE

EXTREMELY FAST RELOAD and so on

I kinda get some surprises and fun out of it.

I’m looking forward to some of my junk rivens being worth something. I never spend plat on the riven trade market as I find it too big of a gamble. 1000+plat for a riven that in the course of two updates could be meaningless? No thanks. I’ll just sell them to those who feel they need them to play the game.

Their dispositions were never intended to remain fixed. DE got lazy, people got used to it.

Things will balance themselves out if DE sticks to their word. Seems like they might.

So yes, is a good thing imo.

1 hour ago, SerphV said:

As title says....

The weapons we love to use will drop some more... But some of the other weapons will become stronger...

The weapons you "love to use" only because it has a powerful riven in it that will still be powerful, just a bit less so. 

Meanwhile i have the weapons that i love to use regardless of whether it has a purple mod in it or not and what happens to those that have rivens matters little, if i stop using a weapon its got nothing to do with what a purple mod was tweaked. So bring on the changes.

Not really looking forward to it especially if they're just going to gradually nerf some rivens over and over to which case I say they should just get it over with and just give them the lowest disposition possible already and not waste our time and/or money with tiny nerfs every three months.

1 hour ago, Malziel said:

It's almost like the entirety of the Riven system was a poorly thought out hook to keep players grinding at best, or a thinly veiled attempt to milk idiots who would pay thousands of platinum for their "God Roll Rivens" at worst. No matter how you slice it, random rolled stats in Warframe will continue to go against everything the game is built upon, and continue to be nothing but disappoint for almost anyone who interacts with the system.

Pretty sure I’ve read this exact comment in this exact thread at least four times over the few years I’ve been playing 

1 hour ago, SerphV said:

Actually to be honest, as long as you don't get into the plat trading stuff with Rivens, I find it pretty fun to play with the random stats on Rivens.

You can get some weapons to do things that you never thought will be possible and still keep it relatively strong.

Example:

EXTREMELY FAST FIRE RATE

Didn’t they change it like two years ago so bullet speed doesn’t change at all, just the fall off?

Looking forward to it? Hell no! I am not looking forward to get my rivens squashed again, but its gonna happen anyway. Thats how Warframe works!

I don't understand why people spend thousand of plat on snipers rivens with practically 1  disposition and they are mainly used for eidolons . You can just use a 2 forma ivara with a 50 plat castanas riven and  a mutalist quanta, dealing (after a bit of practice)99% of damage...

BTW i never use the same weapon and generally i use only weapons with high riven disposition. With 1 or 2 disposition many riven become useless.

2 hours ago, SerphV said:

Example:

EXTREMELY FAST FIRE RATE

I have a lenz that is effectively hitscan. It has + flight speed.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Demon Intellect said:

I have a lenz that is effectively hitscan. It has + flight speed.

Nooice....

You had fun right?! I think that is probably DE's intention for Rivens... to have diff usage of a same weapon...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

Not really looking forward to it especially if they're just going to gradually nerf some rivens over and over to which case I say they should just get it over with and just give them the lowest disposition possible already and not waste our time and/or money with tiny nerfs every three months.

Haha its like just PULL OFF THAT BANDAID NOW!

4 minutes ago, SerphV said:

Nooice....

You had fun right?! I think that is probably DE's intention for Rivens... to have diff usage of a same weapon...

I mean it still has damage and crit damage as well... the flight speed was a bonus. I dont really go for God rolls, but a roll must have one of the following: damage, multishot, CC, or CD, for me to keep it.

I think DE should consider to remove the faint disposition totally.

Too much work on these rivens (kuva farming), for a weak buff.

Just don't use it i guess until it gets strong again...

But then again, sometimes the Riven does provide some stats that only one other mod can provide...

Example Range on Melee weapon.. There is only Reach... but Riven is another way to actually add on some more range.. (if you get my point).

So sometimes it is useful to a certain extend if its the right roll.

But for me I usually wouldnt spend too much Kuva on faint dispo weapons unless I have nothing else to roll on.

Riven disposition can use a tweak, like disposition not going below 1.0.

"Their dispositions were never intended to remain fixed. DE got lazy, people got used to it." by @EquinoxPrime

This line pretty much sums its all, I am glad DE stopped being lazy and are now only semi-lazy concering rivens.  

No I'm not looking forward to another series of nerfs to "Popular" weapon Rivens. I never liked the idea of Rivens to begin with but understand it keeps people grinding and that I guess is supposed to equal player retention. If they're going to just keep Nerfing Rivens, then I would REALLY LIKE to see Kuva amounts increased or the max cap for the cost of a reroll decreased significantly. I use lots of weapons that aren't Meta and those Rivens don't get touched because they aren't popular. I do have a Catchmoon that I like a lot and if they nerf it, (and they most certainly will) then I'll use something else. For most players who never go beyond starchart level enemies, Rivens are totally unnecessary anyway, and since there is little incentive to play higher level content, then I guess who cares? 

11 hours ago, SerphV said:

As title says....

I don't care much. The last disposition change barely had any effect on my rivens.