Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Prime Access = Riven Disposition Changes

SerphV

10 hours ago, SerphV said:

Actually to be honest, as long as you don't get into the plat trading stuff with Rivens, I find it pretty fun to play with the random stats on Rivens.

You can get some weapons to do things that you never thought will be possible and still keep it relatively strong.

Example:

EXTREMELY SLOW/FAST BULLETS

EXTREMELY FAST FIRE RATE

EXTREMELY FAST RELOAD and so on

I kinda get some surprises and fun out of it.

This.

I’ve gotten two Zarr rivens, one with really “nice” stats (damage, cc, elemental, etc) and one with flight speed, reload speed, cc. That second one makes the Zarr So much more fun and safe that I’ll take it any day over a my other one.

This is what rivens do right. Change the weapon experience. Just making a strong weapon even stronger seems pointless to me (Fulmin/Gram prime are already really good and can handle pretty much anything within normal play scenarios. They do not need to be any better). But making a clunky weapon pleasant or making a weak weapon viable is such a joy. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

Didn’t they change it like two years ago so bullet speed doesn’t change at all, just the fall off?

No, not for projectile weapons.  I got a great Tombfinger roll but it had neg flight speed.  Made the weapon hilarious though with a slow moving torpedo of death.

The damage drop off is for hitscan weapons because there isn't any flight speed to account for.  I actually don't even notice damage drop off with neg flight speed on my Aksomati riven though, so not even sure it's applying there, but I could just not be paying much attention since it kills everything anyway lol

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

No, not  for projectile weapons.  I got a great Tombfinger roll but it had neg flight speed.  Made the weapon hilarious though with a slow moving torpedo of death.

The damage drop off is for hitscan weapons because there isn't any flight speed to account for.  I actually don't even notice damage drop off with neg flight speed on my Aksomati riven though, so not even sure it's applying there, but I could just not be paying much attention since it kills everything anyway lol

It only negatively impacts weapons with a falloff stat Like most shotguns and snipers but everything else (excluding projectile weapons) are unaffected

2 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

34uyvj.jpg

This ^ also it seems some people who are complaining their rivens are getting nerfed well blame community popularity its how DE balances the rivens so in retrospect the community is the one nerfing their own weapons due to using them so heavily with these purple things since DE is going off weapon popularity for example 

Lanka dispo goes down due to alot of people using it 

Kraken dispo goes up due to barely anyone using it 

so in theory people could sway it in their favor but that would take community wide co-operation 

2 minutes ago, seprent said:

This ^ also it seems some people who are complaining their rivens are getting nerfed well blame community popularity its how DE balances the rivens so in retrospect the community is the one nerfing their own weapons due to using them so heavily with these purple things since DE is going off weapon popularity for example 

Lanka dispo goes down due to alot of people using it 

Kraken dispo goes up due to barely anyone using it 

so in theory people could sway it in their favor but that would take community wide co-operation 

Not anymore.

On the last dev workshop addressing disposition changes (Equinox Prime) De mentioned that they will start using an internal ranking for disposition, and some overused weapons (Kohm) won't get adjustments because even nerfing a single pip would break the weapon's viability without base stat revisions.

Community popularity will still play a role, but only within the overton window of their internal ranking.

• Like 1

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Not anymore.

On the last dev workshop addressing disposition changes (Equinox Prime) De mentioned that they will start using an internal ranking for disposition, and some overused weapons (Kohm) won't get adjustments because even nerfing a single pip would break the weapon's viability without base stat revisions.

Community popularity will still play a role, but only within the overton window of their internal ranking.

I see seems like a good idea since it still takes imput from community useage but also gives it a good foundation 

now i must wonder what frequency are they hoping to hit with these changes personally id say every month maybe 2 months 

3 minutes ago, seprent said:

I see seems like a good idea since it still takes imput from community useage but also gives it a good foundation 

now i must wonder what frequency are they hoping to hit with these changes personally id say every month maybe 2 months 

The revision is with each Prime Access, so you can expect it next Tuesday unless the next Prime gets delayed, so 3 months.

Edited by Jarriaga

Just now, Jarriaga said:

The revision is with each Prime Access, so you can expect it next Tuesday unless the next Prime gets delayed.

Ah i see i shall spread the news to the riven users in my freinds list 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skiller115 said:

It only negatively impacts weapons with a falloff stat Like most shotguns and snipers but everything else (excluding projectile weapons) are unaffected

Ah, cool, thanks for the info.  Makes sense. Now I'm even more fond of my murderizer Aksomatis!

Rubico going to get nerfed again and people will still probably buy the crappy rubico rivens for thousands of plat despite gaining just 40 multishot, 78 cc, and damage to a faction with some neg.  

They said that they'll take the base power of a weapon into account for rivens too.  So even if your weapon isn't used at all but is really powerful like prisma grinlok for example it could take a nerf to dispo.  Rivens are such garbage design wise though that they are quickly becoming not worth the effort.  Rerolling them sucks at 3500 per roll, and it takes hundreds of rolls to get a god roll on a riven usually so you're sinking so many hours into kuva farming only to try to improve some riven that can be nerfed.  

• Like 1

Buff Lex, Magnus, Attica(attica needs love they betrayed her to zhuge prime), spira, ballistica, most bows and throwable stuff. Kitguns will 99% get nerfed again.

Im very looking forward to melee being finished to they can buff other or nerf Gram muahahaha

17 hours ago, SerphV said:

As title says....

I guess there will be another dreaded disposition change coming...

The weapons we love to use will drop some more... But some of the other weapons will become stronger...

Are you all actually looking forward to it?

Every change makes you discover new forms of gameplay in the way of unused weapons. 

Maybe atterax is not the only weapon in the game, maybe polearms are not the end of it all, maybe just maybe you can play the game with the weapon you like or you can use it only because is the "fotm op meta or die"... choice is, as always, yours.

For as much as I desperately want them to rework how generic rivens interact within the game or to greatly increase our Riven cap.... I'm frequently pleased by the fact that I generally don't care about disposition changes cause I'm too lazy to look at my riven rolls. Plus I try to hang towards weapons that aren't super Meta, consequently the reason I have but one Maiming strike for completion sake and can't recall the last time I actually tried to use it. Spin-2-win is so tedious 😛

Edited by Oreades

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm just hoping they actually stick  with the plan, rather than postpone the dispo review because of tennocon / empyrean / railjack / melee 3 / whatever.

Same here, better be done with it, rip off the band aid, instead of dangling us around.

Until now I've never heard the hype train for either of these weapons, I've even tried to boast Zhuge myself, to very little effect. 

I always wondered why Baza was so hyped, because these fully auto crossbows are everything and more, that got very decent buffs during the overhaul. 

Shaku should have been primed x.x but I'll take this.. Just not going to work with Atlas like I hoped. Shaku will still be equipped. 

52 minutes ago, OmegaDonut said:

Is this for all weapons or just primary?  I read somewhere that melee disposition wouldn’t change. 

Everything but melee, until 3.0 is fully rolled out, is a candidate for disposition adjustment depending on usage statistics and whatnot.

Edited by EquinoxPrime